Axe is leaving the Score1260... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Axe is leaving the Score1260...

Gotta be the PS/Syracuse.com thing they announced yesterday

Marrone probably gone?

I can't tell if you're joking or think he actually is, considering recent comments that indicate he's been/about to be locked up.
any post eyes puts up hypothetical or not I think we best take seriously. Then the obvious, Gruden says no, $ will be twice as much, coached at Tn and Ga. and knows the SEC, wife from TN, better weather, larger fan base, VERY competitive personality the type always looking for a challenge to deal with which Ive seen over and over with football coaches which means they inevitably go for the greater challenge to overcome, Gross doesn't (and maybe can't cuz maybe Marrone still in the mix in a fluid situation at TN), anyway Gross doesn't come out and defintitely say he staying which axe is lamenting and explaining as I type.

Every coach I played under was ALWAYS looking to move up. Think it happens here too. But I think we'll be just fine due in large part to his efforts.

Bring back Danny.
I know a lot of people liked Parkins when he was here but his style was never my cup of tea - to much Adam Schein and not enough Vin Scully. Just a matter of preferences.

Locally, but not TV or radio?

Hmmm ... New PS beat writer?
If that happened, syracuse.com would be completely dead to me. Except for Mike W and Donna D. It would be a great move if the goal is to drive the Syracuse Newspapers into bankruptcy as quickly as possible.

I dont think he would leave Kansas City which is a much bigger market, as well as having a lot of pro sports but I would love if Danny Parkin's came back. I thought he was great, loved listening to him.

I think he's terrible. I stopped listening when he said " lets be honest Ryan nassib doesn't have the strongest arm". How can you say something so incredibly wrong when all you do is cover SU sports?

Frankly I dislike Plavin almost as much as I do Lindsley. Get Brian Barrett back.
Ditto hes a know it all that knows nothing and is extremely annoying

I dont think he would leave Kansas City which is a much bigger market, as well as having a lot of pro sports but I would love if Danny Parkin's came back. I thought he was great, loved listening to him.

yea, he's not going to leave a pro town.

I think he's terrible. I stopped listening when he said " lets be honest Ryan nassib doesn't have the strongest arm". How can you say something so incredibly wrong when all you do is cover SU sports?

that statement alone got him promoted to a huge market.

If that happened, syracuse.com would be completely dead to me. Except for Mike W and Donna D. It would be a great move if the goal is to drive the Syracuse Newspapers into bankruptcy as quickly as possible.
I agree. Axe in print is somehow even worse than Axe on radio.

Well, he doesn't have the strongest arm. I believe that belonged to Dieter Brock.

any post eyes puts up hypothetical or not I think we best take seriously. Then the obvious, Gruden says no, $ will be twice as much, coached at Tn and Ga. and knows the SEC, wife from TN, better weather, larger fan base, VERY competitive personality the type always looking for a challenge to deal with which Ive seen over and over with football coaches which means they inevitably go for the greater challenge to overcome, Gross doesn't (and maybe can't cuz maybe Marrone still in the mix in a fluid situation at TN), anyway Gross doesn't come out and defintitely say he staying which axe is lamenting and explaining as I type.

Every coach I played under was ALWAYS looking to move up. Think it happens here too. But I think we'll be just fine due in large part to his efforts.
This almost sounds as if you expect him to leave. Or am I reading too much into your speculation?

any post eyes puts up hypothetical or not I think we best take seriously.

I must have missed the Eyes post you're referring to. Would you link it, CR?

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if 1260 changed formats. Outside of Axe, that entire line-up is pretty much unlistenable

Plavin is a train wreck. Lindsley should have his mouth sewn shut. We need a new voice. Someone call Doug Logan haha ( not a new voice ) How about NICO?

Plavin is a train wreck. Lindsley should have his mouth sewn shut. We need a new voice. Someone call Doug Logan haha ( not a new voice ) How about NICO?

Doug Logan has a cherry job doing little running TWC Sports. I know nothing about Nico's background, but the guy is a newscaster, not a sports talk guy. Big difference.

That would be a nightmare; and exactly what some of us predicted. Their plan to fill writing positions with "new media" types raised a red flag.

Not good. Replace a real journalist with someone who (to be as diplomatic as possible) is not.

I agree. Axe in print is somehow even worse than Axe on radio.

Have never listened to the guy, though I've caught a few three-second snippets during Time Warner's house ads.

The things he's written for the Post-Standard, though, have been truly objectionable. If Nolan is the bottom of the barrel, it's unfair to barrels to mention Axe and barrels in the same sentence.

Have never listened to the guy, though I've caught a few three-second snippets during Time Warner's house ads.

The things he's written for the Post-Standard, though, have been truly objectionable. If Nolan is the bottom of the barrel, it's unfair to barrels to mention Axe and barrels in the same sentence.
There are at least 20 people posting on this board who are not professional sports journalists that could do better.

There are at least 20 people posting on this board who are not professional sports journalists that could do better.

That is a fact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom