Axe's Observations | Syracusefan.com

Axe's Observations

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia15m
1. Today was about as normal a day as it gets. No additions to the roster. No position changes. No injuries, etc Pretty standard day.

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia14m
2. Hunt worked with 1st team again in 2-min drill. I was real impressed with him today. Shafer has said "command" is important and he has it

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia13m
3. Troy Green, who joined the team yesterday, has a long way to go in terms of catching up with other QB's ob his mechanics, etc. All the other QB's have a polished, consistent throw. Green has a noticeable hitch in his delivery.

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia12m
4. The running backs worked on throwing a little. It seemed to be a "just in case" thing from McDonald. Trick plays? Hmmm. We shall see.

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia10m
Props to @ccarlsononSU for this. Fr Isaiah Johnson is intriguing to watch. 6-5, 291 DL from New Haven. Look test approved.

1. Today was about as normal a day as it gets. No additions to the roster. No position changes. No injuries, etc Pretty standard day.

3. Troy Green, who joined the team yesterday, has a long way to go in terms of catching up with other QB's ob his mechanics, etc. All the other QB's have a polished, consistent throw. Green has a noticeable hitch in his delivery.

I don't think that people should expect too much from Troy Green. Great kid, and really good class C HS QB. But, he might be in way over his head at D-I.

I love hearing about how Hunt is excelling. I hope he really is the next McNabb. I'd still like to hear more about Allen, though. I want to know if he's as good as we all assume he is.

I love hearing about how Hunt is excelling. I hope he really is the next McNabb. I'd still like to hear more about Allen, though. I want to know if he's as good as we all assume he is.

Can't help but wonder if the staff is pumping Hunt in the media as almost exclusively working with the 1st team as a means to trick PSU. Can't imagine Allen isn't getting any work with the first team offense.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'll be really interested to hear what people see at FanFest tomorrow. I was pretty sure that this would be Allen's job. But so far, all signs point to Hunt.

Can't help but wonder if the staff is pumping Hunt in the media as almost exclusively working with the 1st team as a means to trick PSU. Can't imagine Allen isn't getting any work with the first team offense.

how much do you think that would trick penn st?

I'm sticking to my guns that both will get snaps against PSU, and possibly beyond.

I thought the same at first but the more i think about it these are 2 totally unknown quantities. I don't see it helping much.

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia14m
2. Hunt worked with 1st team again in 2-min drill. I was real impressed with him today. Shafer has said "command" is important and he has it

4. The running backs worked on throwing a little. It seemed to be a "just in case" thing from McDonald. Trick plays? Hmmm. We shall see.

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia10m
Props to @ccarlsononSU for this. Fr Isaiah Johnson is intriguing to watch. 6-5, 291 DL from New Haven. Look test approved.

I will take 20 more "normal" days. That's music to my ears.

I like this one. I would like to see some plays with Ashton Broyld that look like the play at 4:10 of this video:

Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the other plays, too. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom