B1G Interest in SU?? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

B1G Interest in SU??

Academic concerns were obviously not that important to the Big 10 when they added Nebraska.

Nebraska didn't even make the US News and World Report top 100 rankings. TV eyes weren't all that important either. There were obviously other considerations

Not arguing that point. I just wanted to correct what looked like an obvious and maybe deliberate misstatement of fact by the other poster.

So then why doesn't SU take over SUNY Upstate Medical University and have a medical school to keep itself in the prestigious AAU. Also, Cantor has killed our academics she is the Chancellor and when I entered SU in fall of 2002 we were ranked #47 in the US News and World Report when I left Chancellor Cantor was in her 2nd year and the school was ranked #50 in the USN&RW and now we are down to #68 our academics MUST improve.

Just what I thought - recent alumnus wanted to whine about the chancellor and thought lying about a couple of important facts would be a good way to go about doing that. Pretty transparent.

By the way, none of that has anything to do with the AAU.

Not arguing that point. I just wanted to correct what looked like an obvious and maybe deliberate misstatement of fact by the other poster.

I didn't mean my post as a critique of yours. In a roundabout way I was trying to reinforce the belief that academics are not always all that important as factors in consideration for Big 10 membership.

I didn't mean my post as a critique of yours. In a roundabout way I was trying to reinforce the belief that academics are not always all that important as factors in consideration for Big 10 membership.

No, I understand. And that's right. They'd take a fringe academic candidate if they feel it's strong in other areas.

Kevin Plank nor Under Armour are underwriting this.
This school destroying the ACC or cursing us all with having to look at 45-year-old beer-gut-toting idiots wearing skintight apparel?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom