B1G must strike East-Midwest balance | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

B1G must strike East-Midwest balance

Too timid. Strangle OSU with ND, Louisville, Cincy, and Pitt. The Eastern B1G would die on the vine.
If we go to 15 full members for football, and ND still at 5/8ths, Cincy makes far more sense than UConn. OH produces the 5th largest # of D1 recruits, behind, FL, TX, CA, and GA. And that means that OH produces the most D1 recruits per # of P5 schools in its state, because only Ohio St is in a P5 league.

OH can support a 2nd P5 team very easily.

And the reality is that for BT football to not fal any farther behind, its mid-tier programs (Purdue, Illinois, Iowa, Northwestern, even Wisconsin and Mich St) must be able to recruit OH easily and well. Cincy in the ACC would lead to a growing loss of high quality 3 star OH talent to the ACC. And that would weaken already slow and boring Big Ten football.

Gotchya. That makes sense then. Do you think D1 prospects are going to pay to go to a Georgia State camp over camps at GT and UGA? I wonder what their pitch is.

We'll have to see. I think part of the reason that Georgia State wants the Penn State coaches there is to help sell their camp against UGA's and GT's camps. They are hoping that by promoting that coaches from a major football brand will be there, they can possibly increase interest in their camp. They just moved up to FBS. And of course Penn State wants to evaluate Georgia kids up close.

We'll have to see. I think part of the reason that Georgia State wants the Penn State coaches there is to help sell their camp against UGA's and GT's camps. They are hoping that by promoting that coaches from a major football brand will be there, they can possibly increase interest in their camp. They just moved up to FBS. And of course Penn State wants to evaluate Georgia kids up close.
That certainly sounds like they are going against the intent of the regulation. Penn St really has fallen low.

No. Any notion that somehow Ohio State can be "strangled" or "neutralized" is just wrong.

Cheers,
Neil

Oh, that... just need to hold on to an extra high-value continent for few turns; then we'll have them outnumbered.

No. Any notion that somehow Ohio State can be "strangled" or "neutralized" is just wrong.

Cheers,
Neil

I love this board.

SU can "own" New York City by playing an SEC team there once every few years.

And the ACC can neutralize Ohio State, the 2ND BIGGEST COLLEGE SPORTS PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY, by adding Cincinnati.

Love. This. Board.

riskylogic said:
Too timid. Strangle OSU with ND, Louisville, Cincy, and Pitt. The Eastern B1G would die on the vine.

Have you ever been to Ohio? This is laughable.

Have you ever been to Ohio? This is laughable.

Kindergarten and First grade: Bloomington
Second, Third, and part of Fourth grade: Columbus (Upper Arlington, actually)
Then we moved to Ann Arbor. Took me years to forgive my parents for that; I protested by being an OSU fan.

So, I'm joking. Well, half-joking anyway. How about inviting Case-Western to the ACC academic council? That would shore up our midwestern academic credentials, plus we'd have 'em surrounded.

And there it is. Not cable boxes. They feared losing Penn State.
I could have told you that months ago. RU isn't adding any cable boxes, and PSU CLEARLY had wondering eyes (hence Wisc's AD's statements when everything went down). Honestly, from a rivalry perspective, PSU belongs in the ACC. Pitt, VT, Syracuse, BC, and ND all hate them, whereas their two existing "rivals" (Ohio State and Michigan State) in the B1G are too busy focusing on Michigan to know they exist, and the two new rivals are UMD and Rutgers. The ladies speak for themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom