B1G officials are garbage | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

B1G officials are garbage

Why in the world does the NCAA allow officials from either teams conference when you have an out of conference game? Bring in officials that are neutral to both teams. Isn’t that an obvious solution?
It's done in bowl games. But then the NCAA isn't in charge of the bowls.

Yes, I think the officiating was bad, but it goes both ways guys. There were a couple of blatant holds on Tucker's TD run.

There was no two ways yesterday. Rutgers was gifted a touchdown and a free ball earlier in the game

During the TK-99 post-game wrap-up, Higgins and Terry excoriated the B1G ten crew for that ridiculous bench flag. Higgins asked Dino about it during the interview, and Dino confirmed that he did not utter a single swear word. Dino just said, "you've got to be kidding me". By contrast, a short time earlier Shiano demanded that the Referee "come here". He was immediately encircled by the officials, and conducted a 5-minute temper tantrum (including profanity) about the Rutgers'-side line judge. Reportedly, at the end of the rant he told the officials, "make it right". Just a play or two later, they sure did. Unbelievable conduct by Shiano and the officials.
I’ve not seen a game where so many bad calls or non calls directly killed or kept drives going.

Not wrong, but it didn't have anything to do with terrible offensive play calling, the lack of QB play (all recruited by the current coach, BTW), and absolutely no discipline across the board.
I deeply loathe these types of posts. You can both play less than perfect and have horrible biased reffing - which compounds the performance!

It’s how games get tilted. And then everyone is quick to say “but the refs didn’t decide the outcome” … no, but you can’t discount it either.

The more i think about it after going back and looking at some of this stuff that took place i really think these officials should be looked at. This was much more malicious than Big10 officials at an ACC school's home field. There were some blatant errors that need explaining, specifically the Taj "fumble", and the Jones "hip toss" penalty, Dino personal foul, all after Schiano chewed each official on the field for an entire timeout +
They stalled our drives and gifted them 1st downs. I honestly think something weird was going down. What was the line?

Regardless of who won or who lost, this officiating crew has some stuff to answer for. Letting Schiano get away with berating them for several minutes, while the game is being held up, and then throwing a flag on the other coach? These guys get assessed. If I’m their assessor I’m asking, “Why didn’t you let HC1 get his ten seconds gripe in and then walk away?”

Regardless of who won or who lost, this officiating crew has some stuff to answer for. Letting Schiano get away with berating them for several minutes, while the game is being held up, and then throwing a flag on the other coach? These guys get assessed. If I’m their assessor I’m asking, “Why didn’t you let HC1 get his ten seconds gripe in and then walk away?”
These refs should get, at least, a one game suspension without pay.

The fumble was a horrible call against us. I thought Jones lifted the kid and tossed him which is an automatic. Severity of the toss doesn't factor in. That was also offsetting right? Though the halo call was the worst of the day.

The fumble was a horrible call against us. I thought Jones lifted the kid and tossed him which is an automatic. Severity of the toss doesn't factor in. That was also offsetting right? Though the halo call was the worst of the day.
I have Jones Twitter video. The Rutgers players feet never leave the ground. You can’t call that because he looked like he was trying to lift him. Wait, I guess this crew can.

I have Jones Twitter video. The Rutgers players feet never leave the ground. You can’t call that because he looked like he was trying to lift him. Wait, I guess this crew can.

can you post the vid?

Can someone please explain to me what Dino was called for? I’m watching the game again and I still don’t understand the penalty.

can you post the vid?
I’m don’t have much tech savvy. I looked I didn’t see a way to send it. When I saw heaters post I started following Jones and he had the 4th down blow up and the PF tackle. Jones Twitter has a clearer look at it. then the one shown.

I’m don’t have much tech savvy. I looked I didn’t see a way to send it. When I saw heaters post I started following Jones and he had the 4th down blow up and the PF tackle. Jones Twitter has a clearer look at it. then the one shown.
If it's on his twitter, and I don't see it, click on the up arrow in the bottom right hand corner of the tweet then click copy link to tweet. Then come back here right click and choose paste to post.

If it's on his twitter, and I don't see it, click on the up arrow in the bottom right hand corner of the tweet then click copy link to tweet. Then come back here right click and choose paste to post.
Sorry I’m old, it Instagram not Twitter I have it.

Sorry I’m old, it Instagram not Twitter I have it.
OK Next lesson. In the upper right hand corner of the instagram there are three dots. Click on the dots and choose copy link. Then on here right click and choose paste to post instagram.

I hate that there is no accountability for refs. Even worse is they never admit they are wrong. They are human they will make mistakes. Those three calls are complete and utter BS. Just come out and admit they were wrong calls. It doesn't fix it but at least you make the effort that you recognize the mistakes and will address them.

OK Next lesson. In the upper right hand corner of the instagram there are three dots. Click on the dots and choose copy link. Then on here right click and choose paste to post instagram.
I don’t think so I hit the 3 dots . I think because he had to accept me as follower. When I hit dots I got choice of unfollow and something else no copy or send to

I don’t think so I hit the 3 dots . I think because he had to accept me as follower. When I hit dots I got choice of unfollow and something else no copy or send to
Yes. If you aren't an approved follower, because his account is private, you can't copy and repost instagram or twitter posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom