Babers/Dome attendance | Syracusefan.com

Babers/Dome attendance

Cusefan95

All Conference
Someone had posted that they see Babers look at the upper deck as he comes out before games like he’s checking out the crowd. I’d speculate he’s either thinking:

1). This is not a football school; we can’t even get 40,000 fans for games.

2). This mofo is gunna be crazy when we’re selling this place out! We’re getting there...

If I knew which one of those he was thinking in his head, I’d know for sure if he was going to be here for the long haul. I hope it’s #2.

Really hoping the Clemson game next year is like the Tennessee game (minus the screw job from the refs) - that was the loudest stadium I’ve ever been to.

Someone had posted that they see Babers look at the upper deck as he comes out before games like he’s checking out the crowd. I’d speculate he’s either thinking:

2). This mofo is gunna be crazy when we’re selling this place out! We’re getting there...

If I knew which one of those he was thinking in his head, I’d know for sure if he was going to be here for the long haul. I hope it’s #2.

Really hoping the Clemson game next year is like the Tennessee game (minus the screw job from the refs) - that was the loudest stadium I’ve ever been to.

If only the school would sign him to a long term contract sometime soon, then we'd know for sure...

While the CW Stadium wasn't filled (almost zero non-Playoff or NYD bowl games are), it was mostly a sea of Orange for the majority of the non-WVU sections.

And pretty much EVERYBODY in Orange stuck around long afterwards, for the awards ceremony and beyond.

He's gotta be happy with the progress we're making in that regard.

Growing up I was at the Florida, Tennessee and 98 Miami games. If we can find a way to get to that noise level again the Dome is an amazing home field advantage. The team is clearly influenced by a good crowd. The university, coaches, and players have stepped up, now it’s up to the community to do the same and start showing up. We need the causal 5k to come back.

I predict season ticket sales increase a minimum of 5,000 next season. The Clemson game will push many casuals to realize the days of grabbing a $10 ticket from a bud in the tailgate lot will be over for most games.

If Cuse stays on track for a Top 15 type season...I predict a sellout for Clemson and with a possibility BC or Pitt could track into the mid/upper 40's.

Im curious if we have it in us to sell out all our home games;) I think another solid season like this one could start seeing mid to high 40's for home games and a large contingent of fans for away games. Getting people from places like Utica and similar places is a big key to that.

Over the last three years I've noticed an increase in the seats for all Syracuse home games. Next year I can see sell out crowds(49K plus) for the Clemson,Pittsburgh and Boston College Games.

Since the dome has been built(1980)it's been sold out just once when they played the University of OHIO.

We did everything we were supposed to do at home. No silly letdowns for the fair weathers to say “I told you they still stink”. The buzz was palpable. People were talking about going to games who did not grow up here and have any connection to SU. Next year is going to be great.

Over the last three years I've noticed an increase in the seats for all Syracuse home games. Next year I can see sell out crowds(49K plus) for the Clemson,Pittsburgh and Boston College Games.

Since the dome has been built(1980)it's been sold out just once when they played the University of OHIO.

Was it Ohio or Miami of Ohio?

Nice job OP. I like how you disguised this thread - you know, instead of just stating "I'm worried Dino is gone soon". ;)

Lol. Actually I think he’s here for the long haul, but expect his name to come up for every high profile opening.

I predict season ticket sales increase a minimum of 5,000 next season. The Clemson game will push many casuals to realize the days of grabbing a $10 ticket from a bud in the tailgate lot will be over for most games.

If Cuse stays on track for a Top 15 type season...I predict a sellout for Clemson and with a possibility BC or Pitt could track into the mid/upper 40's.

My tailgate available tix just went up to $50.

According to the SU website there have been 4-5 games that attendance was greater than seating availability.

I still don’t understand the “Dome hasn’t sold out since 1980” thing. Like, how were none of those packed houses in the late 80’s-90s a sellout?

How was Miami 1992 NOT a sellout? What seats weren’t sold? And how? Tennessee 1998? WVU and Penn State 1987?

I don’t buy it. Coming from the school that drops the ball on spelling people’s names right, I think we had numerous sellouts back then that weren’t reported as such. Or maybe they were reported as such back then, but now are not?

I mentioned this a couple of months back. I still think it’s incredibly important.

One issue that I hope the University continues to look at is getting people in the seats before the opening kickoff. I loved the food/beverage discount card that was handed out this year. Really cool idea and shows that they recognize the issue and are trying to address it.

I think traffic is one reason for the late arrivals. Wonder if the University would consider a parking discount for vehicles that arrive at least an hour before kickoff? Hope they continue to try and address this.

I still don’t understand the “Dome hasn’t sold out since 1980” thing. Like, how were none of those packed houses in the late 80’s-90s a sellout?

How was Miami 1992 NOT a sellout? What seats weren’t sold? And how? Tennessee 1998? WVU and Penn State 1987?

I don’t buy it. Coming from the school that drops the ball on spelling people’s names right, I think we had numerous sellouts back then that weren’t reported as such. Or maybe they were reported as such back then, but now are not?

Case in point: this NY Times article refers to the 1992 Miami game as a sellout.

I know the announcers for the 1998 Tennessee game called it a sellout.

Theory: some newbie that works at SU saw that attendance for Miami of Ohio was over 50,000 and since we’ve never topped that, just decided we haven’t had any other sellouts...even though seating capacity has changed multiple times.

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/11/22/sports/college-football-miami-and-3-yards-silence-syracuse.html

Wow, those are big #’s Mark. Man, I hope so. I don’t doubt that Clemson will sell-out. I’m excited to see how season’s do though.

Does anyone know if there is a set number of tickets that we have to make available to Clemson? I hope it's not too big of a number because I have a feeling they will sell as many as they can get

Case in point: this NY Times article refers to the 1992 Miami game as a sellout.

I know the announcers for the 1998 Tennessee game called it a sellout.

Theory: some newbie that works at SU saw that attendance for Miami of Ohio was over 50,000 and since we’ve never topped that, just decided we haven’t had any other sellouts...even though seating capacity has changed multiple times.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL; Miami, and 3 Yards, Silence Syracuse
I think that there were a handful of weird single seats that didn’t sell, and it was effectively a sellout, but technically something stupid like 12 seats away from a technical sellout.

Seat assignment software wasn’t as advanced in the 90’s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom