Babers/Dome attendance | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Babers/Dome attendance

Someone had posted that they see Babers look at the upper deck as he comes out before games like he’s checking out the crowd. I’d speculate he’s either thinking:

1). This is not a football school; we can’t even get 40,000 fans for games.

2). This mofo is gunna be crazy when we’re selling this place out! We’re getting there...

If I knew which one of those he was thinking in his head, I’d know for sure if he was going to be here for the long haul. I hope it’s #2.

Really hoping the Clemson game next year is like the Tennessee game (minus the screw job from the refs) - that was the loudest stadium I’ve ever been to.
That game was sick. That game was as close to McCabe plying like Dungey as he jumped over al wilson on my side of field. We were a better team that year but we played to conservative.

was it just talk/rumors or will the capacity be cut down to 44,000 once the renovations are complete?

In this day and age less is more, cut it down and make it a "hot" ticket, the good ole supply and demand!

of the current attendance how many seats do we have in the student section?

was it just talk/rumors or will the capacity be cut down to 44,000 once the renovations are complete?

In this day and age less is more, cut it down and make it a "hot" ticket, the good ole supply and demand!

of the current attendance how many seats do we have in the student section?

10 years away

I still don’t understand the “Dome hasn’t sold out since 1980” thing. Like, how were none of those packed houses in the late 80’s-90s a sellout?

How was Miami 1992 NOT a sellout? What seats weren’t sold? And how? Tennessee 1998? WVU and Penn State 1987?

I don’t buy it. Coming from the school that drops the ball on spelling people’s names right, I think we had numerous sellouts back then that weren’t reported as such. Or maybe they were reported as such back then, but now are not?
I think either the visiting school returned tickets that weren't sold, or there may have been singles that weren't sold, those that were there know you couldn't find an empty seat by the naked eye.

Does anyone know if there is a set number of tickets that we have to make available to Clemson? I hope it's not too big of a number because I have a feeling they will sell as many as they can get
The number of available tickets for the visiting team is usually specified in the game contract. I don't know, but it probably varies from game to game. Some teams probabIy have a greater demand than their allotment. I know that several seats in my section for the LSU game were filled by their fans. Same as when Penn State came to the Dome a few years ago.

That's why teams like Penn St, Ohio St, Michigan etc should be on schedule. They'll buy season tickets just for one game. Then just dump them on the secondary market for cheap.

Hopefully wildhack and the team of great video people have some ideas for making the done lol good again. All they have to do is reduce capacity a little and fill in the sidelines better

The number of available tickets for the visiting team is usually specified in the game contract. I don't know, but it probably varies from game to game. Some teams probabIy have a greater demand than their allotment. I know that several seats in my section for the LSU game were filled by their fans. Same as when Penn State came to the Dome a few years ago.

I thought 5000 was standard but can be negotiated up/down. We only got 500 tickets to the Big House, so I had to get tickets from a UM grad coworker to watch Freeney terrorize Brady.

I predict season ticket sales increase a minimum of 5,000 next season. The Clemson game will push many casuals to realize the days of grabbing a $10 ticket from a bud in the tailgate lot will be over for most games.

If Cuse stays on track for a Top 15 type season...I predict a sellout for Clemson and with a possibility BC or Pitt could track into the mid/upper 40's.

Woukd love to see our season ticket base increase to 25,000+ by 2020. Our biggest problem now is trying to sell 30,000 individual seats for every home game to get to 45,000.

My tailgate available tix just went up to $50.
We need to convince Jeremycuse's brother it is time to get a pair of season tickets.

As FloridaFan stated...go after the Utica market. SU realizes the best success at gaining future STH'ers come from a 90 mile ring around Syracuse. I bet they push more advertising into Utica, Watertown, Binghamton and out towards Rochester.

Last edited:
Atmosphere is going to be great next year. This year was very good too - Syracuse was 1 of only 6 power 5 schools to go undefeated at home!

Clemson, Syracuse, Ohio State, Washington, Alabama, Notre Dame
Your missing a few teams, off the top of my head Michigan, Georgia

By then we’ll need 80,000 seats.
You been hanging around Rutgers fans again? They had delusional thoughts of grandeur too after that Thursday night 12 or so years ago.

I still don’t understand the “Dome hasn’t sold out since 1980” thing. Like, how were none of those packed houses in the late 80’s-90s a sellout?

How was Miami 1992 NOT a sellout? What seats weren’t sold? And how? Tennessee 1998? WVU and Penn State 1987?

I don’t buy it. Coming from the school that drops the ball on spelling people’s names right, I think we had numerous sellouts back then that weren’t reported as such. Or maybe they were reported as such back then, but now are not?

It's false.

Tennessee 1998 has a listed attendance of 49,550, which was capacity at the time. The game against Miami that same year is listed as 49,521 -- I'm gonna call 28 seats under capacity a sellout. Michigan in 1999 is listed as 49,249, which was the new listed capacity for that season (I recall we removed some seats for wheelchair access). So... sellout. I mean that's 3 games alone.

There are a number of games in the 90s where attendance is listed within 100 or so seats of capacity. Those are sellouts.

My BAD! your correct it was MIAMI OF OHIO. I APOLOGIZE.
You should also apologize for saying University of OHIO. Giving my alma mater the ol' Univeristy of Syracuse treatment I see. ;)

It's false.

Tennessee 1998 has a listed attendance of 49,550, which was capacity at the time. The game against Miami that same year is listed as 49,521 -- I'm gonna call 28 seats under capacity a sellout. Michigan in 1999 is listed as 49,249, which was the new listed capacity for that season (I recall we removed some seats for wheelchair access). So... sellout. I mean that's 3 games alone.

There are a number of games in the 90s where attendance is listed within 100 or so seats of capacity. Those are sellouts.
I think that’s where the stat is coming from. I think it’s stupid things like coming up a handful of seats short because of reasons X, Y, and Z.

I think that’s where the stat is coming from. I think it’s stupid things like coming up a handful of seats short because of reasons X, Y, and Z.

Yup. There were a number of games in the 90s where if one had called the Dome box office and asked for 2 seats together they would have been told "no dice". That's a sellout in my book.

You should also apologize for saying University of OHIO. Giving my alma mater the ol' Univeristy of Syracuse treatment I see. ;)

Wait. We’re not the University of Syracuse?!

So much for all those recruiting brochures that I’ve made and sent out over the years...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom