Babers... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Babers...

I used to have a really good sales rep… like really good. President club winner, highest sales in the region, year in and year out. Absolute cancer for my room. Would drive away new hires, absolute pre-Madonna and basically told me off on a regular basis. My numbers were good but my culture was toxic. I fired them. Super hard to do but best decision I’ve ever made in my career. My numbers and metrics are now better than ever, retention is highest it’s ever been, and my culture is healthy (we all went golfing this weekend).

Point is, if Taj is bad for the culture, maybe his absence is a good thing. I don’t know anything and I’m trying not to make assumptions but we’ve seen his behavior on the sidelines in the past… Maybe it’s finally coming to a head? Idk.

Either way, Dino is making tough decisions and I respect that. May have took him longer than it should have but it’s difficult to pull the trigger and make a changes sometimes.

This exactly. I was in sales/management for almost 10 years and now I’m a teacher. It’s basically the same job except I don’t work all day Saturday/Sunday and I don’t get commission. 1 toxic person ruins the whole, it doesn’t matter what that one person brings to the table.

Because a known conspiracy theory hysteric isn’t a source for team dynamics shouldn’t be taken seriously. You don’t have a clue, just your standard baseless supposition

I mean, half the things you say are baseless. How is his opinion different from your love affair for the coach and certain players.

This exactly. I was in sales/management for almost 10 years and now I’m a teacher. It’s basically the same job except I don’t work all day Saturday/Sunday and I don’t get commission. 1 toxic person ruins the whole, it doesn’t matter what that one person brings to the table.

Lol I made this post without knowing Taj had entered the transfer portal… I just found out. Honestly, I like the way things are shaking out. I’m very optimistic, for the first time in a long time.

Lol I made this post without knowing Taj had entered the transfer portal… I just found out. Honestly, I like the way things are shaking out. I’m very optimistic, for the first time in a long time.

Ohh, well you just told me. I didn’t know either. That’s fine, I thought the WR’s played well and maybe it’s no mistake it’s because he wasn’t there.

I'm sorry but screw him Taj Harris is the type of guy from what I have seen that makes Terrell

Owens look good. The kid was probably terrible for morale in the locker room and the game

wherever if he didn't get the amount of touches that His Highness feels like he should have got. Plus imo he is not going to play Anywhere or any

meaningful in the NFL! He has talent but his attitude in a big way cancels that out and I don't think a lot of NFL Scouts and executives AR going to like how he pretty much quit on the team.
As soon as I heard that he was not traveling I just had a feeling a pretty damn good feeling that that was the reason that she was going to leave no character whatsoever.
I agree his attitude got in the way, but one difference between Terrell Owens and Taj Harris is that Taj did all the things a good receiver does on the field, including blocking and not taking plays off, whether on the field or not. TO took plays off and it showed. That said, I wish he had overcome the issues, but I will wish him well. I have a hard time begrudging any kid moving on if he believes he has to, after all, he he did play for SU and I appreciate all the kids to play for SU, they chose to play for the Orange.

I used to have a really good sales rep… like really good. President club winner, highest sales in the region, year in and year out. Absolute cancer for my room. Would drive away new hires, absolute pre-Madonna and basically told me off on a regular basis. My numbers were good but my culture was toxic. I fired them. Super hard to do but best decision I’ve ever made in my career. My numbers and metrics are now better than ever, retention is highest it’s ever been, and my culture is healthy (we all went golfing this weekend).

Point is, if Taj is bad for the culture, maybe his absence is a good thing. I don’t know anything and I’m trying not to make assumptions but we’ve seen his behavior on the sidelines in the past… Maybe it’s finally coming to a head? Idk.

Either way, Dino is making tough decisions and I respect that. May have took him longer than it should have but it’s difficult to pull the trigger and make a changes sometimes.
Wide receivers and people in sales. They have a lot more in common than you might think. Both have to have complete confidence in them selves and short memories.

speaking as a sales rep myself i can't imagine that transition.

I agree his attitude got in the way, but one difference between Terrell Owens and Taj Harris is that Taj did all the things a good receiver does on the field, including blocking and not taking plays off, whether on the field or not. TO took plays off and it showed. That said, I wish he had overcome the issues, but I will wish him well. I have a hard time begrudging any kid moving on if he believes he has to, after all, he he did play for SU and I appreciate all the kids to play for SU, they chose to play for the Orange.

Taj took plenty of plays off.

He dropped numerous catchable balls.

Didn’t always run his routes hard.

Pouted when he didn’t get the ball, or it wasn’t thrown perfectly.

And the next time he acts like a DB and breaks up a bad throw so it doesn’t become an INT, will be the first time.

Tommy will have some big moments before this season is over. We can’t afford to not have him ready.
I really hope not, just because that would mean that either Shrader gets injured our flames or - neither of what I want.

Last edited:

It’s honestly more similar than different. In both situations you have to convince “people” that what you have to say is important.

Taj took plenty of plays off.

He dropped numerous catchable balls.

Didn’t always run his routes hard.

Pouted when he didn’t get the ball, or it wasn’t thrown perfectly.

And the next time he acts like a DB and breaks up a bad throw so it doesn’t become an INT, will be the first time.
Where did "equality" go?

Taj probably left because he is trying to get to the nfl. how do you get to the nfl? you have to showcase your skills. what qb best allows taj to showcase his skills? not the qb dino picked to lead the team. i see taj's point of view, but frustrated that he basically quit. these guys don't bleed for colors like we do.
NFL for Taj…….laughable at best! He is a cancer and thankfully has been excised from the team!

NFL for Taj…….laughable at best! He is a cancer and thankfully has been excised from the team!
1633313343930.png

Taj probably left because he is trying to get to the nfl. how do you get to the nfl? you have to showcase your skills. what qb best allows taj to showcase his skills? not the qb dino picked to lead the team. i see taj's point of view, but frustrated that he basically quit. these guys don't bleed for colors like we do.
Taj to the nfl? Kinda like Allen Griffin leaving for the nba. Lol

Yep, me either. I actually made the career change opposite to him. Teacher (community service) to sales (meritocracy).

Although, I think my best persuasive sales achievement happened in the classroom. Try convincing students that their 11th grade chemistry class was actually relevant. Tough sell.

Lets move on from Taj. Kid has issues who knows what his home situation is. He gave Dino and the staff teamates a solid good bye post. I hope that he ends up doing well at his next stop. Kid had more passion than most and i respect that.

Taj, goodluck selling those Tshirts of you in an SU uniform now

You can find them on his Twitter page for $25

Why do I feel like this is NIL gone wrong? After Liberty win, kid thinks his targets are going to go down and hurt his value and then bolts.

Because a known conspiracy theory hysteric isn’t a source for team dynamics shouldn’t be taken seriously. You don’t have a clue, just your standard baseless supposition

And how about that? One of them entered the portal today. Buh-bye.

GUESS IT MUST HAVE BEEN ALL IN MY HEAD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom