Babers... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Babers...

Glad to see him making the decisions that need to be made, gives me some hope for the future
Taj probably left because he is trying to get to the nfl. how do you get to the nfl? you have to showcase your skills. what qb best allows taj to showcase his skills? not the qb dino picked to lead the team. i see taj's point of view, but frustrated that he basically quit. these guys don't bleed for colors like we do.
In defense of Taj, SU is not running the pass happy offense it ran when he was recruited. However, attitude and behavior count in the NFL. Many years ago SU had a very good wide receiver whose name escapes me. He had some of the same behaviors as Taj. At a game in Florida (I think) alums from our opponent were cautioning him about this. I think the article I read mentioned not finishing routes and other performance issues. That wide receiver did not even get an NFL free agency tryout, I don't think. Shelby Hill, maybe? Is he the player that accused the program of deliberately not targeting him more often so that he wouldn't leave the team early?

I'm all for college style FA, transfer portal, NIL, etc. What I don't stand behind is this quitting by week 4 to preserve a year of eligibility. I liked the redshirt rule before the portal but it absolutely has to be amended at this point. Like if you play more than 30 snaps you can't redshirt. 4 games is 1/3rd of the season and not necessary. It's not ok to quit mid-season. It's just not.

Taj probably left because he is trying to get to the nfl. how do you get to the nfl? you have to showcase your skills. what qb best allows taj to showcase his skills? not the qb dino picked to lead the team. i see taj's point of view, but frustrated that he basically quit. these guys don't bleed for colors like we do.
Completely disagree. There is more ways to show your skills than catch a deep pass.
1. Be a great blocker so a teammate can get extra yards.
2. Do not give up on a play when you are not option number 1.
3. Do not yell or throw a fit if the ball does not come to you when you feel you are open.
4. Encourage and support the other wide receivers.
5. Show some leadership when it’s your 4th year in the program.
6. Be a team player.

Taj could have done really well playing the slot with GS. However, GS was not going to lock in on him on every play and throw him the ball when others are a better option.

when you are all about me and not team it limits your ability for making the nfl. There are some exceptions but Taj does not run a 4.2 forty or shows great hands.

In defense of Taj, SU is not running the pass happy offense it ran when he was recruited. However, attitude and behavior count in the NFL. Many years ago SU had a very good wide receiver whose name escapes me. He had some of the same behaviors as Taj. At a game in Florida (I think) alums from our opponent were cautioning him about this. I think the article I read mentioned not finishing routes and other performance issues. That wide receiver did not even get an NFL free agency tryout, I don't think. Shelby Hill, maybe? Is he the player that accused the program of deliberately not targeting him more often so that he wouldn't leave the team early?
Yep, if you look back in some of the threads I’ve been calling tajs problem “Shelby Hill syndrome“

Last edited:
5C285A24-7766-482D-8E23-BEFBBE4357BB.png

I knew Taj would most likely be a problem a long time ago. Many hassled me for being angry that he let the team down (against Liberty last year) by giving the camera man the middle finger on national television. Like others today, I believe the team is better off without him.

Completely disagree. There is more ways to show your skills than catch a deep pass.
3. Do not yell or throw a fit if the ball does not come to you when you feel you are open.
6. Be a team player.

Taj could have done really well playing the slot with GS. However, GS was not going to lock in on him on every play and throw him the ball when others are a better option.

when you are all about me and not team it limits your ability for making the nfl. There are some exceptions but Taj does not run a 4.2 forty or shows great hands.
You may disagree but this is why he left

6. Be a team player.

Taj is not an NFL player.

Taj is not an NFL player.
I agree. My response was to the post that Taj was leaving because he wanted to show his skill set to the nfl and it was not going to happen at su. My comments were that there are a lot more to being an nfl receiver than if you can catch a deep pass.

Because a known conspiracy theory hysteric isn’t a source for team dynamics shouldn’t be taken seriously. You don’t have a clue, just your standard baseless supposition

This post didn't even last a week before being proven wrong.

That’s what these kids think. He’s thinking about how to get to the league
A start would be not dropping passes, running his routes all the time, not taking plays off and having a better attitude. People will tolerate the laziness and the attitude if he produces. He drops passes in training camp like he has here, he won’t be in training camp long.

The sentiment and memory of the challenges Shelby Hill presented is good, but I think he played a year with the Cowboys

The sentiment and memory of the challenges Shelby Hill presented is good, but I think he played a year with the Cowboys
Playing only a year in the NFL doesn't give the financial security these guys are searching for. Even if you are lucky enough to get a multi year contract, most of them are set so you don't see the real money until year five and a lot of guys are chewed up and spit out by then. NFL = Not For Long

I thought he was cut in training camp.

He has no NFL stats, and he doesn't show on either the 1994 or 1995 Cowboys roster.

I thought he was cut in training camp.

He has no NFL stats, and he doesn't show on either the 1994 or 1995 Cowboys roster.
I was going off memory. Reading this jogged my memory and I believe you are correct. He is example #1 for the underperformance of the’93 team

Proven wrong about what? Did Devito do something?

I talked about two guys - DeVito and Taj - fighting on the sidelines for the last 2 years. I said that I thought there was bad chemistry on the team, particularly between those two.

You're the one who is the DeVito fanboy.

You called me a "conspiracy theorist" and that I had no idea what I was talking about, that I knew nothing about chemistry on the team.

I have eyes.

Then Taj gets benched and puts his name in the portal.

So I guess everybody was getting along just great, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom