Back to Football | Syracusefan.com

Back to Football

suthrills

Scout Team
Is anyone worried about the Monte Kiffin theory that teams have a letdown after playing USC?
DM has his work cut out for him facing a let down (after a very physical game), a cross country flight, and the ACC distraction.

Is anyone worried about the Monte Kiffin theory that teams have a letdown after playing USC?
DM has his work cut out for him facing a let down (after a very physical game), a cross country flight, and the ACC distraction.
I am more worried about dealing with recovering from a draining trip to the West Coast and dealing with all the injuries our secondary has suffered (we were in bad shape there before the USC game, now, we might be playing true frosh and walk-ons for extended periods).

At safety, Phillip Thomas has a hip injury that is really affecting his speed. Shamarko does not look likely to play. His backup Fisher has been out for weeks and may well also not play. So they will probably play Phillip at SS and Wilkes at FS and hope like hell no other safeties get hurt.

At CB, Anderson has been out for weeks...who knows if he will be back this week. Lyn has been playing hurt and missed a big part of the game last week...he is a big question mark. That leaves Kevyn Scott, who has limped off the field at least once this year but looks relatively healthy, and some freshman corners. True frosh Reddish might well start and play the whole game. True frosh Desire might well be our nickel back.

And Goggins, who has had a great start to this season, went down against USC and I don't know if he can play either.

If Shafer can keep Toledo below 30 points given all these problems, I will be impressed.

I am more worried about dealing with recovering from a draining trip to the West Coast and dealing with all the injuries our secondary has suffered (we were in bad shape there before the USC game, now, we might be playing true frosh and walk-ons for extended periods).

At safety, Phillip Thomas has a hip injury that is really affecting his speed. Shamarko does not look likely to play. His backup Fisher has been out for weeks and may well also not play. So they will probably play Phillip at SS and Wilkes at FS and hope like hell no other safeties get hurt.

At CB, Anderson has been out for weeks...who knows if he will be back this week. Lyn has been playing hurt and missed a big part of the game last week...he is a big question mark. That leaves Kevyn Scott, who has limped off the field at least once this year but looks relatively healthy, and some freshman corners. True frosh Reddish might well start and play the whole game. True frosh Desire might well be our nickel back.

And Goggins, who has had a great start to this season, went down against USC and I don't know if he can play either.

If Shafer can keep Toledo below 30 points given all these problems, I will be impressed.

Anderson played in the USC game. Goggins was back in the game after he got hurt.

Do we see Davis at SS?

Anderson and Goggins are fine I believe, well Anderson has a cast but is still playing. I expect P Thomas and Lynn out there as well. If the clearance issues are finally over I wonder if Eskridge can give it a go? Would be nice to get Fisher back to if for depth purposes only.

Anderson played in the USC game. Goggins was back in the game after he got hurt.

Do we see Davis at SS?
I saw Goggins return and then I thought I saw him leave again. Hope I am wrong on that. It would be great to get Eskridge, or Fisher or some other safety back this week.

how right you are. Win or lose in this situation (getting so high for a big game to give it your all, combined with a draining cross country travel situation), the physical and emotional drain will be high. Combine this with a half empty dome, a noon early start, multiple injuries and me thinks your thoughts are spot on. Gonna be a rough one this weekend I fear.

Is S Thomas and C Jones out? WIll eskridge finally play? Nobody seems to know