Backup C | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Backup C

The skip pass, eons ago, was stupid because kids didn't have the skill to use it. I would guess you are one of those. Guess thats where you are stuck too, in the past. Its now one of the most effective passes, especially against zones. But you would have to be able to watch and learn and you refuse. Can't help you there.

He does need to calm down and also get some confidence. His shooting has been bad all year long and we all know he must have a better touch than he has shown so far. Besides, I believe he is actually a power forward, so his small forward skills may not be there yet. Thats why freshman play so little. Its a giant step and very few can take it in year one. Ever hear and actually listen and learn when coaches say the best thing to happen to freshman is to become sophomores? If you did you wouldn't say that court time is the only way to get better.

You know, I've played for 48 years so you have some catching up to do. We are both now know to be old farts. At least one thing in common. Scary isn't it?

As for transferring, if he's any good he won't. Those that know from practice that they are behind other players are the ones that leave. Look at the list of players that have excelled recently and sat most of their freshman years. These kids don't get hung up on fan's theories. They know damn well what they have to work on and why they are sitting. So time on the court is only a small part of it. You don't see the court until you are ready, and then you learn some more.

Anyway, its way past time to prep for the game. Since we both want SU to win, we have a second thing in common. Now I will seek therapy.

Enjoy the game and help root, scream us on!

Doubt either of us will bend much to the others ideas, but that doesn't make either of us a bad guy.

PugnaciousPaul will now be your name. Just won't let this go, will ya?
I'm still pretty sure based on numerous comments by others on here that I'm more correct about CJ's less than stellar defense, so I'll let the rest of your nasty comments go.

In a perfect world, I'd say you probably have a point with not using freshman all that much, but this ain't a perfect world and we needed his help this year. The coaches should have done better. I'm not for one second indicating someone should be fired, but I would love to see JB use his squad more completely in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom