Backup C | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Backup C

You reading comprehension must not be at a very high level. Did you not get where I said "I know it won't happen" or did you get lost at where I said "just curious what others think around here".

Thank you for your concern in regards to my Boeheim knowledge though.
Then why even bring it up,

Only if Rak and Baye are in foul trouble. Baye was critical in our final 4 push last year. Will he be again this year? I hope so!

Only if Rak and Baye are in foul trouble. Baye was critical in our final 4 push last year. Will he be again this year? I hope so!

Critical? We blew out every team we played except Cal which BMK had a banner game compared to what he normally does. I'm sorry, he stepped up big one game.

Critical? We blew out every team we played except Cal which BMK had a banner game compared to what he normally does. I'm sorry, he stepped up big one game.

Pretty true - he was dynamic in the BET though. Go Baye! Still never expecting to see that Baye show his face again though. Makes me sad. :(

In hypothetical land, I would always give Baye a quick run, but there are games where it seems pretty clear we're getting nothing from him. If that's the case, and the other team doesn't have anyone strong down low, I go with it. I don't know - we couldn't get less from Roberson than we are from Baye of late.

Hopefully it's his leg - and his leg feels better. I guess we'll find out - cuz no way JB tries Grant at center.

Roberson is way better than Baye Keita. Its comical that The NJ State Player of the Year who dominated Karl Townes, big Kentucky Recruit, sits on our bench wasting away. He was a higher recruit than Grant, KJO, and Scoop yet played way less minutes.

He is our second best rebounder and can actually catch the ball and make a basketball play.

Roberson is way better than Baye Keita. Its comical that The NJ State Player of the Year who dominated Karl Townes, big Kentucky Recruit, sits on our bench wasting away. He was a higher recruit than Grant, KJO, and Scoop yet played way less minutes.

He is our second best rebounder and can actually catch the ball and make a basketball play.

yep, JB has him riding the pine cuz JB doesn't want the team to be too successful and actually is just trying to get Roberson to transfer out

yep, JB has him riding the pine cuz JB doesn't want the team to be too successful and actually is just trying to get Roberson to transfer out
JB is a great coach, doesn't mean he can't be wrong. Get to the F4 more than once a decade and he'll have the right to be beyond reproach.

I'm in the camp of not playing Roberson was a big mistake. He would have given us flexibility in the rotation and the ability to rest our forwards for a few minutes per game.

I hope Keita pulls a repeat performance in the tourney because we need that. Whatever that was against NC State just cannot be on the court for any extended amount of time in a one and done scenario.

I'm in the camp of not playing Roberson was a big mistake. He would have given us flexibility in the rotation and the ability to rest our forwards for a few minutes per game.
So why isn't JB playing him?

So why isn't JB playing him?
Got me, Roberson is a stud recruit who looks like a shell of himself when he's out there for 20 seconds. The one game he got extended run, he looked solid, especially for a kid who barely plays.

Not sure where you get this idea from. Is the kid still playing against overhyped high school players? No and thats why he is on the bench. If he's wasting away, which he isn't, it would be his fault for not being ready and not learning the college game fast enough.

The people using high school resumes to determine a players ability to play at the college level immediately are the comics here. And of course they have zero idea about something called defense. Just to assist, thats the part of the game where the other team tries to score and your team actually tries to keep that from happening. You should try watching that sometime. Then tell us who is playing winning team ball.

Not sure where you get this idea from. Is the kid still playing against overhyped high school players? No and thats why he is on the bench. If he's wasting away, which he isn't, it would be his fault for not being ready and not learning the college game fast enough.

The people using high school resumes to determine a players ability to play at the college level immediately are the comics here. And of course they have zero idea about something called defense. Just to assist, thats the part of the game where the other team tries to score and your team actually tries to keep that from happening. You should try watching that sometime. Then tell us who is playing winning team ball.
CJ and Keita arent exactly playing defense either. I'm not advocating Roberson get a ton of minutes but to say its because he doesn't know the defense when our 2 seniors are the worst defenders on our team lately doesn't make much sense to me. Let alone the fact neither of them can rebound like Roberson can.

Got me, Roberson is a stud recruit who looks like a shell of himself when he's out there for 20 seconds. The one game he got extended run, he looked solid, especially for a kid who barely plays.[/quote

If that was solid we are in trouble. I usually expect solid to mean being in the right place defensively. I also expect the correct shots to be taken. I don't expect out of control stumbling shots to be put up. Just my thoughts on "solid".

He'll get there and probably next year. He just isn't ready this year. Thats on him during both practices and in games. Given he is a frosh that is in no way demeaning. Very few frosh are college ready, regardless of their extensive high school resumes. Remember they didn't play against college level players for the most part in acquiring their gaudy stats.

Sarasota, not to harp on it but you're description of what isn't "solid" sounds like CJ lately. Maybe he could benefit from seeing the game from the bench for a few minutes.

The kid plays once ever full moon and you judge his 2 minutes stints in a vacuum. He is one of the most talented kids on this team. It isn't even close really. The fact that he sits and rots on the bench is a travesty. Grant at the 5 and Keita on the pine. Roberson at the 4 and everything is fine.

The kid plays once ever full moon and you judge his 2 minutes stints in a vacuum. He is one of the most talented kids on this team. It isn't even close really. The fact that he sits and rots on the bench is a travesty. Grant at the 5 and Keita on the pine. Roberson at the 4 and everything is fine.
Got some Walt "Clyde" Frazier in this post.

And if you wanna see overhyped high school kids head over to Bradentucky and watch _CM5 play with his on again off again stalling motor. His motor detonates like it is on 85 octane with water added.

Roberson is a stud

Sarasota, not to harp on it but you're description of what isn't "solid" sounds like CJ lately.
One game is lately? No wonder I have a hard time comprehending your posts at times. Maybe you missed most of the games this season or even the one just before NCST vs Fla St. Check those out and get back to me regarding CJ. 1st team All-ACC and 2nd team All-American is actually very solid in my opinion.

By the way, what exactly does what CJ or BJ or JB for that matter have to do with your misconceptions on Roberson's readiness to play at the college level?

One game is lately? No wonder I have a hard time comprehending your posts at times. Maybe you missed most of the games this season or even the one just before NCST vs Fla St. Check those out and get back to me regarding CJ. 1st team All-ACC and 2nd team All-American is actually very solid in my opinion.

By the way, what exactly does what CJ or BJ or JB for that matter have to do with your misconceptions on Roberson's readiness to play at the college level?
If you think CJ is a stud and/or is being used correctly in this offense than I don't know what to tell you. Its more than "one game" He's a beast role player, not a go to/run your offense through player. His defense has been average at best, he's terribly inefficient, doesn't create for anyone and his rebounding has gone down.

How this relates to Roberson is that A) CJ is not a player who should be playing 40 minutes per game. Roberson should get some minutes so CJ can rest and also digest the game from the bench for a little bit. B) If Keita does not step up his game, he cannot be out there. He just can't. It's one and done and Grant can man the 5 especially with an improved rebounder in Roberson next to him. It's not optimal but we cant have a repeat performance of NC State from Keita.

Roberson is a way better rebounder than CJ. Roberson should have been playing 10 minutes every game. JB puts Keita out there with no offensive value. Roberson at the 4 and Grant and/or Roc at the 5 improves our rotation dramatically because:

Roberson makes his free throws
Roberson rebounds very well.
Roberson can triple threat, rip through, make a 15 footer and actually hold onto the ball.

Keita on offense is offensive.

This team cannot score the ball. Yeah, lets just keep running Keita out there...

And if you wanna see overhyped high school kids head over to Bradentucky and watch _CM5 play with his on again off again stalling motor. His motor detonates like it is on 85 octane with water added.

Roberson is a stud
What does the first blithering part of your post have to do with Roberson?

Roberson may be a stud, whatever that means in basketball terms. But a" stud" that isn't ready to play high level D-1 this year. Paul Harris was a stud. A fabulous physical specimen. Are you aware how well that translated to the college level? Yet he dominated everyone at the high school level.

If you think CJ is a stud and/or is being used correctly in this offense than I don't know what to tell you. Its more than "one game" He's a beast role player, not a go to/run your offense through player. His defense has been average at best, he's terribly inefficient, doesn't create for anyone and his rebounding has gone down.

How this relates to Roberson is that A) CJ is not a player who should be playing 40 minutes per game. Roberson should get some minutes so CJ can rest and also digest the game from the bench for a little bit. B) If Keita does not step up his game, he cannot be out there. He just can't. It's one and done and Grant can man the 5 especially with an improved rebounder in Roberson next to him. It's not optimal but we cant have a repeat performance of NC State from Keita.
I agree in that you don't know what to tell me. Nor the coaches in the ACC nor the writers and coaches in the country. That pretty much sums it up for me.

So, again, JB is not playing Roberson because…
he want the team to do poorly? he wants to make Roberson feel badly and transfer? Just cuz?

So, again, JB is not playing Roberson because…
he want the team to do poorly? he wants to make Roberson feel badly and transfer? Just cuz?

Because he is loyal and stubborn to a fault. He also threw him under the bus during the press conference. I personally think Buss and Roberson transfer if we lose this weekend and if Grant and Ennis come back.

Because none of us can read Boeheim's mind?

The other side of the Roberson debate would have a much more logical viewpoint if there reasoning wasn't simply "If he were good Boeheim would play him."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom