Bad Night for bizarro SU "Negatoid" Nation! | Syracusefan.com

Bad Night for bizarro SU "Negatoid" Nation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I posted in the game thread,

upload_2018-2-5_22-5-58.png

I am one who gets a little negative when things go bad, although not to the extent of others. It's part of being a fan.

But at least they'll be forced to Shut The Ukk Fupp for a minute...until the next loss.
Carry on.
LGO ;)

Okay, I'll play along. I like the fact that we pushed it more tonight. Relying exclusively on scoring in the half-court set is a recipe for disaster. Having said that, there were still many bad possessions where we threw up some high degree of difficulty shots that went in or we got the foul call for once. Is that sustainable? At this point, I just want to get to 20 wins. Anything else is gravy.

As I posted in the game thread,

View attachment 121676

I am one who gets a little negative when things go bad, although not to the extent of others. It's part of being a fan.
jn- as do I, brother.
The difference is in being a little po'd and blowing off steam, or posting in hysterics like the sky is falling.
Fandom is in the eye of the beholder of course, but some SU fans seem to revel in their own, and the program's misery.
Been a fan over 40 years, and its ALWAYS been that way. JMHO

Orange looked good tonight. Large part had to do with weak defensive effort by Louisville plus some strange coaching decisions by the Cardinals. Our scoring was on tonight with decent ball movement and that seemed to give us the extra energy we needed. As JB says we need to take these games one at a time. As fans we need to support these players, not criticize them. Lets Go Orange!! I agree with comment above. Let's get 20 wins.

That was a game to remember, for the valiant effort of five players, on an under-manned team. 40 minutes for Battle & Howard, nearly the same for Dolezaj and Chukwu, and 35 or so for Brissett before he fouled out. All our front court players had 4 fouls, just hanging in there.

Okay, I'll play along. I like the fact that we pushed it more tonight. Relying exclusively on scoring in the half-court set is a recipe for disaster. Having said that, there were still many bad possessions where we threw up some high degree of difficulty shots that went in or we got the foul call for once. Is that sustainable? At this point, I just want to get to 20 wins. Anything else is gravy.
20? Wow! I would dance my happy dance from here to the Dome for 20 wins! Goal one is 17 to protect the streak. In my opinion with the perfect storm this year’s team has faced any thing over that is gravy. And a little gravy is fine in moderation.

I am thrilled Syracuse won the Louisville game. I am one of many fans that don't think this Syracuse teams is one of our better ones. BUT, these kids try so hard, play 35-40 minutes a game. They are frequently over matched, yet as of right now they are still at least in contention for making the tournament. That's nothing short of a miracle, and is incredibly impressive.

I love SU as much as ANYONE on this board. I have been a fan for close to 40 years. I want what every fan wants: a team that competes for a run in the NCAA tournament. By and large, with few exceptions, we get that year in and year out as 'Cuse fans. In many ways one could argue that we've been spoiled. If I'm not mistaken, we have the longest active consecutive run of winning seasons. That's something to be very proud of.

What I see happen on this board, is if someone points out a Syracuse flaw (whether that be JB is getting too old to coach, or recruiting is suffering, the exclusive zone argument, or poor offensive schemes... you name it) it's as though all the positive things that the person believes about Syracuse get wiped away. People view it in black and white... you're a fan or your not. If you're a fan, how dare you suggest it's time for JB to walk away. If you're a fan, how dare you question the offensive schemes... etc...

Guess what, fans feel joy when their team thrives. Fans feel pain when the team stumbles. Fans get concerned about the future of the program they love when the coaching staff will undergo changes. Fans may not always agree with recruiting. None of this makes someone less of a fan, and it doesn't make someone a "negatoid."

Last edited:
But at least they'll be forced to Shut The Ukk Fupp for a minute...until the next loss.
Carry on.
LGO ;)

"Negatoid" Nation is much, much better than "Indifferent" Nation. Negatoid means people are still emotionally invested. You should be way more concerned about the state of SU basketball if we score 44 points and people AREN'T upset.

Not to be a wet blanket, but when there's chest thumping over a win versus an unranked opponent I think that says as much as any of the negative posts could.

We were 7 point dogs. Most of this board thought we were going to get destroyed there before we started really playing like doo doo.

Coaches, Players, and yes fans all have off nights. I have been a fan for 50 plus years and bleed orange. Criticizing or scrutinizing the program doesnt make anyone less of a fan. I was offered by Jim and have a huge amount of respect for him. There is zero doubt that he is an amazing coach who has done more for Syracuse and the community than most. Doesnt mean that i have to like him publicly berating a reporter or player or questioning something else. One can be a great fan and admirer and still criticize or object. The two are not mutually exclusive.

The win was fantastic. I'm back on board and will actually be nervous for a game again when we play Wake.

I went to the game in Atlanta and sat through that abomination of basketball. I'll probably never miss a Cuse basketball or football game in the GA/SC area where I live.

I also point out issues this program has...on a message board. ::gasp::

We haven't been ranked during the regular season in what seems like forever. We missed on Quade and Tucker this past recruiting cycle to teams that have already recruited over them. We missed the tourney last year and are sitting squarely on the bubble this year.

Great win. Weird time to post a "call out" thread.

Just an unranked opponent in the road whos pretty much owned us since we started playing regularly. No big deal.

We were 7 point dogs. Most of this board thought we were going to get destroyed there before we started really playing like doo doo.

It was a nice win. I don't think it changes the fact this team is still bad by Syracuse standards. And that Louisville team doesn't resemble the one's that have bludgeoned us in past years, IMO. This call out thread would make more sense if they beat a couple ranked teams or win a couple games in the tournament. Nice win but I'm still not overly excited about this team's prospects going forward. I hope I'm wrong.

Even the sun shines on a dog's ass some days... /s
I think this means that SU was lucky last night and I’ll Be back whining and complaining and offering my solutions at the first opportunity.

Congratulations, however, on being honest and in showing up. Some of the other targets of this great initial post in this thread are laying low hoping things will blow over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom