Bama -3.5 vs Georgia | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Bama -3.5 vs Georgia

It's got to be a much easier decision to switch QBs at the half when you have won as many championships as Saban has recently. Would he still have made it if he had never won?

Not sure why the praise for switching. It was the obvious call. JH is flat out NOT a good qb, ED is a far better talent. This lefty true frosh is the real deal and should have been starting earlier.

You know ESPN was in the refs ears telling them to keep Bama in the game.

There were 4 direct calls in that game, that IF one was called, Georgia provably wins. The B10 refs were atrocious last night and you cant tell me a crew new to saban isnt a bit intimidated. I know the refs are always conference neutral, but why not employ an SEC crew for this one.

Just like Ohio State who didn't deserve to get in the 2017 season over Penn State, Bama didn't win their conference and their best win was against LSU. Ohio State won their conference championship and their best win was against a top 10 Penn State team. They had the better resume beating Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State. The Iowa loss shouldn't have been enough to keep them out. It was politics at the end of the day and the committee is breathing a sigh of relief that Georgia gave them game away and Clemson doesn't have a QB under center.

The primary thing on Alabama's resume is that they were the #1 ranked team in the country virtually all season. That and the fact that they won it shows it would have been ridiculous to leave them out, especially for a 2 loss team that got blown out by Iowa.

2018 Bama schedule. OOC is a joke

Alabama 2018 schedule

Sept. 1 vs. Louisville (Orlando)
Sept. 8 vs. Arkansas State

Sept. 15: at Ole Miss
Sept. 22: Texas A&M at Alabama
Sept. 29: vs Louisiana-Lafayette
Oct. 6: at Arkansas
Oct. 13: vs. Missouri
Oct. 20: at Tennessee
Nov. 3: at LSU
Nov. 10: vs. Mississippi State
Nov. 17: vs The Citadel
Nov. 24: vs. Auburn

It will never happen but I'd love to see the Tide schedule North Dakota State as their FCS team. the Bison are the Alabama of FCS. One Georgia Southern was Bama's FCS team and then played NDS in the playoffs. GSU ran for 303 yards vs. the Tide, 136 vd. the Bison.

Just like Ohio State who didn't deserve to get in the 2017 season over Penn State, Bama didn't win their conference and their best win was against LSU. Ohio State won their conference championship and their best win was against a top 10 Penn State team. They had the better resume beating Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State. The Iowa loss shouldn't have been enough to keep them out. It was politics at the end of the day and the committee is breathing a sigh of relief that Georgia gave them game away and Clemson doesn't have a QB under center.

So I guess USC should have gotten a bid because they won a conference championship? The CFP Committee needs to do a public service and enlighten the populace that their charge is to get the four best teams in the playoff and not four P5 conference champions. There are a large percentage of fans that are confused on this issue. Btw Bama would have smoked OSU.

Alabama's backup RB Bo Scarbrough just turned pro early. Let that one sink in.

Alabama's backup RB Bo Scarbrough just turned pro early. Let that one sink in.
Also probably seeing the writing on the wall, with both Harris still on roster, one being a freshman that did well against UG, and the other a junior. And josh Jacobs, with a couple not having seen time.
They don't actually have one coming in next year according to skout.

I believe Ridley also declared. If he had Tua all year his stats would look nicer. First round pick. Gonna be a star.

I got the chance to hear Dr Kevin Elko speak yesterday at a conference in Columbia, SC. He's the sport psychologist for Alabama Football, also does some work with Kirby Smart and Will Muschamp.

The insight he provided into Nick Saban and the mentality of that football team was incredible. The mantras, the focus and the grit they push had me ready to run through a wall. I don't know if Syracuse has a sports psychologist... I'm assuming we do, but if we don't, wow...someone needs to call Kevin Elko. Most inspirational speaker I've ever heard live. Nobody in the room moved for 2 hours.

What that showed me is Alabama is not only fighting you physically on another level, but mentally on a Jedi level. Locked in on the goal at hand is an understatement.

I guess his best friend is Chuck Pagano and the book "The Sender" is about Chuck and his battle with cancer. Best believe I ordered that book as soon as I left the conference today.

Last edited:
Also, random tidbit - Kevin Elko worked for the Miami Hurricanes and gave a speech that Greg Schiano was in attendance for.

His message.

"Keep Chopping"