Bama -3.5 vs Georgia | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Bama -3.5 vs Georgia

As much as I hate Saban, he made a gutsy call going to Tua. Kid was phenomenal.

And that's the last compliment I will give Saban.

It's got to be a much easier decision to switch QBs at the half when you have won as many championships as Saban has recently. Would he still have made it if he had never won?

Then there was the off-sides call on the pun t that may not have been off-sides and was actually a false start and the facemask a couple of plays later that wasn't called.

the punt was definitely NOT offsides. They replayed a sideline view of the ball a million times. he was feet from the ball when it was hiked. that's a game changing BAD call. The facemask penalty was huge as well because Georgia had to punt instead of getting a first down.

not ejecting the bama for the punch which he was flagged for.

the shove to the Georgia QB head when he was down on the ground.

the 2 calls for the Georgia sideline being in the white area.

The team that didn't deserve to be in the Playoff wins it all. You can't make this up.

Yet they were favored in both playoff games. Go figure.

I had no dog in this fight, but was rooting against Alabama just because I'm tired of their consistency. There were a couple of questionable calls that didn't favor Georgia, but I thought that the game was awesome. Very exciting from beginning to end, two incredibly well matched teams.

I actually think that the QB switch by Saban was dually impactful -- both because the replacement gave them better passing, but also because Georgia hadn't spent the week preparing defensively to defend 'Bama's passing game.

Disappointing outcome, but what a terrific game. Can't ask for anything more in a national championship.

I had no dog in this fight, but was rooting against Alabama just because I'm tired of their consistency. There were a couple of questionable calls that didn't favor Georgia, but I thought that the game was awesome. Very exciting from beginning to end, two incredibly well matched teams.

I actually think that the QB switch by Saban was dually impactful -- both because the replacement gave them better passing, but also because Georgia hadn't spent the week preparing defensively to defend 'Bama's passing game.

Disappointing outcome, but what a terrific game. Can't ask for anything more in a national championship.

Great point on the complete change to what Georgia prepared all week for. That was the difference in my mind. Well, that and not doing anything offensively in the second half. I think that's where not winning one before makes a coach get tight and not trust his players to play.

The team that didn't deserve to be in the Playoff wins it all. You can't make this up.
Why didn't they deserve to be in the playoffs?

and the refs didn't call the facemask on Bama that would have given a 1st down andGeorgia moving. The refs mess this game some. I normally don't call foul. Those were definitely a couple of bad calls

You know ESPN was in the refs ears telling them to keep Bama in the game.

I hope Kirby Smart went ape crap in the presser about the refs

I am so sick of hearing how great of a coach N. Saban is (ESPN) and how great Alabama is. When you have the TOP recruiting class for 5 years in a row and you have every position or almost every one 3 deep with a 5*or 4* recruits, and the best position coaches money can buy, "money is no option" . You better at least win 2 or 3 National Championships. I do believe Saban is a very good coach, but he is a better recruiter. As far as that quarterback change, I do believe a few coaches out there would have done the same because J. Hurd wasn't getting it done in the passing department and that freshmen kid is a awesome qb and has been in practice all year long. ;)

I am so sick of hearing how great of a coach N. Saban is (ESPN) and how great Alabama is. When you have the TOP recruiting class for 5 years in a row and you have every position or almost every one 3 deep with a 5*or 4* recruits, and the best position coaches money can buy, "money is no option" . You better at least win 2 or 3 National Championships. I do believe Saban is a very good coach, but he is a better recruiter. As far as that quarterback change, I do believe a few coaches out there would have done the same because J. Hurd wasn't getting it done in the passing department and that freshmen kid is a awesome qb and has been in practice all year long. ;)
He has 6, including his 1st at LSU, lost a nail biter last year, & has made the CFP every year of its existence. You know why Saban has the top classes/talent? He recruits them.

He has 6, including his 1st at LSU, lost a nail biter last year, & has made the CFP every year of its existence. You know why Saban has the top classes/talent? He recruits them.
Like I said that guy can recruit.

The player in the wheelchair is starting LB Anfernee Jennings, who was injured in the semi vs Clemson. #24 is Terrell Lewis, who stepped up & replaced him.

Why didn't they deserve to be in the playoffs?

Just like Ohio State who didn't deserve to get in the 2017 season over Penn State, Bama didn't win their conference and their best win was against LSU. Ohio State won their conference championship and their best win was against a top 10 Penn State team. They had the better resume beating Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State. The Iowa loss shouldn't have been enough to keep them out. It was politics at the end of the day and the committee is breathing a sigh of relief that Georgia gave them game away and Clemson doesn't have a QB under center.

Let’s not forget where Saban cut his teeth.
18BA7564-03A3-4378-98F2-9A0864B7C172.jpeg

2018 Bama schedule. OOC is a joke

Alabama 2018 schedule

Sept. 1 vs. Louisville (Orlando)
Sept. 8 vs. Arkansas State
Sept. 15: at Ole Miss
Sept. 22: Texas A&M at Alabama
Sept. 29: vs Louisiana-Lafayette
Oct. 6: at Arkansas
Oct. 13: vs. Missouri
Oct. 20: at Tennessee
Nov. 3: at LSU
Nov. 10: vs. Mississippi State
Nov. 17: vs The Citadel
Nov. 24: vs. Auburn

Just like Ohio State who didn't deserve to get in the 2017 season over Penn State, Bama didn't win their conference and their best win was against LSU. Ohio State won their conference championship and their best win was against a top 10 Penn State team. They had the better resume beating Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State. The Iowa loss shouldn't have been enough to keep them out. It was politics at the end of the day and the committee is breathing a sigh of relief that Georgia gave them game away and Clemson doesn't have a QB under center.
Did you not think that bama was one of the best 4 teams in the country?