Band Uniforms Fund Drive | Syracusefan.com

Band Uniforms Fund Drive

Once the link is set up, I'll match the first $1000 in donations.
is this something that's definitely being set up? or are you trying to entice someone to get it going?

Once the link is set up, I'll match the first $1000 in donations.
Direct link:

I selected Other and entered SUMB Uniforms...

Link

"The college must meet its goal by Jan. 31 in order to have the uniforms designed and produced in time for SU’s inaugural 2013 ACC football season."

Let's make it happen, cap'ins.

Hi everyone,

I actually logged in to post about the drive and I saw that you guys had already put this up. On behalf of all of the students in the SUMB please accept my sincerest and heartfelt thanks that you would even consider giving to the campaign. As a thank you, here's a peek at an almost-final design of the uniform (we still have a few tweaks to make). A couple of neat things about this design:

-It modernizes our look with respect to current logos and fonts (we're doing this now with patches)
-We are adding more traditional aspects to harken back to the long history of the SUMB
-The logo on the hat, its silver bill, and pieces of the plume (the feather) are reflective for Dome lights
-The block S on the back will be MUCH bigger; we want it to take up almost the whole thing
-We removed almost all of the white; the orange will give us a real striking presentation on the field, in the stands, and on TV
-It's hard to see from here, but that's the University seal on the chest
-We are having a custom fabric created that will exactly match the orange and navy blue found on the football jerseys

Thanks again, everyone.

SUMB 2.1.jpg

Hi everyone,

I actually logged in to post about the drive and I saw that you guys had already put this up. On behalf of all of the students in the SUMB please accept my sincerest and heartfelt thanks that you would even consider giving to the campaign. As a thank you, here's a peek at an almost-final design of the uniform (we still have a few tweaks to make). A couple of neat things about this design:

-It modernizes our look with respect to current logos and fonts (we're doing this now with patches)
-We are adding more traditional aspects to harken back to the long history of the SUMB
-The logo on the hat, its silver bill, and pieces of the plume (the feather) are reflective for Dome lights
-The block S on the back will be MUCH bigger; we want it to take up almost the whole thing
-We removed almost all of the white; the orange will give us a real striking presentation on the field, in the stands, and on TV
-We are having a custom fabric created that will exactly match the orange and navy blue found on the football jerseys

Thanks again, everyone.

View attachment 1621
Nice work.

That looks like the band uniform for a big time football program. It is ACC Ready.

Hi everyone,

Thanks again, everyone.

View attachment 1621
the important question is how will this new uni impact SUMB recruiting, and will it help achieve the tuba #s the fanbase has been clamoring for? ;)

Thank God, the uniforms have been absolutely horrible for a number of years

Those look like the pajamas JoeCollege used to wear back at the fraternity house. Including the hat. Needs a teddy bear accessory, though. ;)

Seriously, those uniforms look sweet. Major improvement (no band pun intended).

It would be nice if someone at SU made the "Marching Band Uniform Fund" a permanent option on the secure site. Would like to insure its directed correctly to the SUMB and that possibly a running total could be more easily tabulated and displayed.

It would be nice if someone at SU made the "Marching Band Uniform Fund" a permanent option on the secure site. Would like to insure its directed correctly to the SUMB and that possibly a running total could be more easily tabulated and displayed.

We are working on the specific option on the secure site. I'm told it's coming in a couple of weeks at the latest. The $75,000 seed gift came as a surprise and accelerated our timeline so we're still getting this rolled out. Normally we would've waited, but if we're going to have these for next season we have to order by February.

A progress indicator is a great idea and I'll suggest it!

I'm glad you guys like the design. We're really excited about it.

Next up, new unis for the Orange girls!

Next up, new unis for the Orange girls!
I saw a story on one of the Orange Girls. She made her own costumes. Don't think she received any help from the university at all. That isn't right. The Orange Girl position is something special...the person chosen should at least get a custom made outfit each year as a small thank you for all the work she does representing the university and entertaining fans.

does the lack of planning of these types of things really surprise anyone when you look at how our athletic office works? We cant even get stats or scores during a fball/bball game how can we expect them to plan/coordinate stuff as complicated as working with the band.

I saw a story on one of the Orange Girls. She made her own costumes. Don't think she received any help from the university at all. That isn't right. The Orange Girl position is something special...the person chosen should at least get a custom made outfit each year as a small thank you for all the work she does representing the university and entertaining fans.

If you're talking about our twirler, she gets a new custom-made costume every year and the SUMB covers the cost.

Upperdeck, the reason this seems a bit rushed is because the original plan was to raise money for uniforms with the intention of rolling them out in fall 2015. When we got the large seed donation, we saw an opportunity to have new uniforms for our first season in the ACC and we're trying to make it happen. In this case, it was quite a pleasant surprise, so now the University is working hard to get this done in time.

If you're talking about our twirler, she gets a new custom-made costume every year and the SUMB covers the cost.

Upperdeck, the reason this seems a bit rushed is because the original plan was to raise money for uniforms with the intention of rolling them out in fall 2015. When we got the large seed donation, we saw an opportunity to have new uniforms for our first season in the ACC and we're trying to make it happen. In this case, it was quite a pleasant surprise, so now the University is working hard to get this done in time.
First I read:

"VPA has launched a $150,000 campaign"

Then I read:

"The Harry T. Mangurian Jr. Foundation Inc. has committed a generous $75,000 challenge gift"

Am I correct in thinking that you are looking for $150,000 in addition to the $75,000 gift making the total goal a quarter of a million dollars?

First I read:

"VPA has launched a $150,000 campaign"

Then I read:

"The Harry T. Mangurian Jr. Foundation Inc. has committed a generous $75,000 challenge gift"

Am I correct in thinking that you are looking for $150,000 in addition to the $75,000 gift making the total goal a quarter of a million dollars?

The campaign's total goal is $150,000 and we're halfway there because of the Foundation's gift. We estimate the cost of a new set of uniforms to be between $150,000 and $200,000, but we feel that if we can hit 150 we can make this happen for next fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom