Barbara Walters / V. Stiviano | Syracusefan.com

Barbara Walters / V. Stiviano

That was one horrid interview by Barbara. Why did she not ask: "if you like him so much.. why did you make public a tape that you knew would destroy him?" That is the one and only question that a real reporter would have asked.

There are no real journalists left in America.

That was a seriously embarrassing interview

Last edited:
That was one horrid interview by Barbara. Why did she not ask: "if you like him so much.. why did you make public a tape that you knew would destroy him?" That is the one and only question that a real reporter would have asked.

This is just an excerpt from the Walters interview as posted by Dan Abrams' website Mediaite.

The topic of the recordings was raised by Walters, although the answers may not be satisfying:

"One of the mysteries surrounding the situation is how the audio recordings came to light. Stiviano, who was on the receiving end of Sterling’s rant on the leaked tapes and describes herself as black and Mexican, told Walters she did record their conversations, and shared them with friends. Stiviano said a friend leaked the audio."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/barbara-walters-interviews-stiviano-abc-news-exclusive/story?id=23569035

Even if Barbara's interview leaves much to be desired (I'd like to know, for example, who profited from the leaked tape), I'm not sure it justifies a conclusion about all other reporters.

Much more importantly, the real takeaways from this interview are:

1. "I'm his silly rabbit." You're not going to get better quote than that.

2. She explains why she wore that dopey visor.

3. All America now faces the question: how do I get a "personal assistant?"

I made it through about half of the seven minute segment of interview. She calls herself his "silly rabbit"? She is his everything? My god, even with billions, if she is his everything, he has nothing.

That was all about laying the seeds for a legal defense. In CA you need the consent of both people when you tape and record them. If Sterling consented to V recording him she is protected from jail time, but if she tried to extort Donald Sterling for some money not to release the tape he could sue her all day long. She isn't trying to claim she had nothing to do with the tapes when its obvious Sterling probably cut her off her $$$ from him and wanted to retaliate. I really hope she is ruined as much as Sterling when she looks bad as well. Sterling deserved some safety in his beliefs inside his domicile/castle. Even though he is a racist/terrible person and I am glad he is going to lose the Clippers V looks so bad.

Barbara Walters is a terrible journalist these days she is fluff. Their is no doubt V only agreed to an interview if certain questions wouldn't be asked and these days news organizations fall over themselves to be the first with an interview. I am sure ABC paid V for that interview and agreed to all her reasonable demands.

That was all about laying the seeds for a legal defense. In CA you need the consent of both people when you tape and record them. If Sterling consented to V recording him she is protected from jail time, but if she tried to extort Donald Sterling for some money not to release the tape he could sue her all day long. She isn't trying to claim she had nothing to do with the tapes when its obvious Sterling probably cut her off her $$$ from him and wanted to retaliate. I really hope she is ruined as much as Sterling when she looks bad as well. Sterling deserved some safety in his beliefs inside his domicile/castle. Even though he is a racist/terrible person and I am glad he is going to lose the Clippers V looks so bad.

Barbara Walters is a terrible journalist these days she is fluff. Their is no doubt V only agreed to an interview if certain questions wouldn't be asked and these days news organizations fall over themselves to be the first with an interview. I am sure ABC paid V for that interview and agreed to all her reasonable demands.
The thing is Barbara Walters used to be Edward R. Murrow, now she is Mario Lopez.

The thing is Barbara Walters used to be Edward R. Murrow, now she is Mario Lopez.
She is the greatest American female journalist of alltime. She was the real deal interviewing world leaders in the 70's-90's, but since she has done the View she become a cartoon character.

From a journalistic standpoint it was a less than desirable interview. But from the TMZ viewpoint and much of the rest of the media, it was wonderful. Isn't that part of society now the largest and getting to be the most influential?
Sad commentary on many of the people we live with today. More concern about Donald Sterling's "silly bunny" than what is happening in world affairs.

I'm still wondering what kind of tree she would be. Babs has lost her touch.

Beverly Hills has come a 'fur piece from the days of Milburn Drysdale and Miss Jane.

Actually California law is a little different.

ALL parties to a conversation must give their consent for recording.
In this case, presumably, that's only D & V.
But V claims there was a third person in the room (who apparently was not part of the actual conversation but privy to it).
That's significant because it may mean the conversation can't be considered "confidential" and therefore whoever actually recorded it did not break the law regardless of whether D knew he was being recorded.

Also, I highly doubt ABC paid for the interview.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...journalism-will-no-longer-pay-for-interviews/

However, I do think it's likely that TMZ paid for the recording.
Paid whom? How much? Whose idea was making the recording? Why?
We still don't know.

But V claims there was a third person in the room (who apparently was not part of the actual conversation but privy to it).
That's significant because it may mean the conversation can't be considered "confidential" and therefore whoever actually recorded it did not break the law regardless of whether D knew he was being recorded.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...journalism-will-no-longer-pay-for-interviews/

We still don't know.
Existentially speaking, I'm not sure what I think Hell is but for the sake of TMZ, I really hope that the fire and brimstone crowd is correct because there a special place there for those subhuman creatures.

What..

Two things stood out:
(1) She is still in contact with and dealing w/ Sterling EVERY DAY, since the tape was leaked. In fact, he was due to appear w/ her for the interview, up until the last minute.
(2) Along w/ the "silly rabbit" quote, she kept saying "I'm his right hand"...which inevitably led to some immature commentary from me & my drinking buddies. ;)

We still don't know.
I said in CA both sides must give consent to be recorded which is what you said.

V claims a 3rd party was part of the conservations to save herself from civil suits from Donald Sterling. If she gave the tapes of her and Donald to a 3rd party and that person leaked them then V has no criminal charges against her and her defense to civil charges from Donald would have a reasonable defense. In that Donald should sue the 3rd party rather than V.

NBC news pays for interviews that is what I was going by when I said ABC likely paid her. However, your article would say that ABC has more integrity than I thought and didn't pay her directly.

It has crossed my mind that it was Sterling who may have been doing the recording and someone other than V leaked it. I wouldn't put it past a litigious old guy to tape everything going on in his home or business

The whole thing is a joke, so she loves this man and cares deeply for him, yet she tapes him and sends it to tmz, knowing it will ruin him. I am getting so sick of this woman.

The whole thing is a joke, so she loves this man and cares deeply for him, yet she tapes him and sends it to tmz, knowing it will ruin him. I am getting so sick of this woman.
But she said she wanted to be President of the United States! You wouldn't vote for her?