Barbara Walters / V. Stiviano | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Barbara Walters / V. Stiviano

I said in CA both sides must give consent to be recorded which is what you said.

V claims a 3rd party was part of the conservations to save herself from civil suits from Donald Sterling. If she gave the tapes of her and Donald to a 3rd party and that person leaked them then V has no criminal charges against her and her defense to civil charges from Donald would have a reasonable defense. In that Donald should sue the 3rd party rather than V.

NBC news pays for interviews that is what I was going by when I said ABC likely paid her. However, your article would say that ABC has more integrity than I thought and didn't pay her directly.

Just to be clear...California law doesn't just cover "both" (as in 2) parties to a conversation.
It covers ALL parties.
If 10 people were in a conversation...all 10 must give consent either directly or by their behavior after being informed of the taping.

BUT if there was a third party present at the site of the conversation but not involved in the conversation himself or herself, the argument is that Sterling would have no expectation of privacy, so there was no confidentiality breached and therefore no law broken.

If it was just V and Sterling on site (or on a phone call) and she secretly made the tape, just because V supposedly gave the tape to a third party would NOT insulate her from prosecution or civil suit. The crime is RECORDING the conversation. It doesn't matter if she gave the recording to anyone except insofar as that may relate to the extent of damages suffered by the person secretly recorded.

As a practical matter, these kinds of cases seem to rarely be prosecuted.
Remember Linda Tripp and Monica Lewinsky?
Tripp avoided culpability for wiretapping by handing over her tapes to the Independent Counsel investigating the case in exchange for immunity.

So now this dumb b**ch is famous now right? Awesome.