Bare Minimum Expectations- and Deductions From Them | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bare Minimum Expectations- and Deductions From Them

Going by recent trends I absolutely do not think he can meet them. You do???? Give me the basis of your reasoning for that. He came into this season saying this is a tournament team which tells me he can no longer assess talent. He continues to run the zone when we're getting lit up by 11 threes and 52 points before halftime in a season when he finally admitted that going man-to-man would be employed. If not then, then when?!

How's that 2023 class working out for us? How is the decreasing losses every year any indication that he will improve things? You tell me what you're seeing that gives you any indication that this sinking ship will stop sinking. Asking for a friend.
Lol. Why didn’t you just say this in your first post.

Lol. Why didn’t you just say this in your first post.
So now can you explain your position and how you think Boeheim is going to reverse this and achieve the success we all want to see?

So now can you explain your position and how you think Boeheim is going to reverse this and achieve the success we all want to see?
I already did. He has done it for so many years, so he knows how to do it. Whether he does it or not I don’t know and never said he would.

As an ardent fan of this particular program, based on our history, the program, the facilities, the fanbase, etc. etc., I feel that there are certain minimum expectations that should be met by Syracuse Orange men's basketball. Let me know if I am wackadoo like Dragon Lady Annie Wilkes for expecting this, and yes in the order I specify them.

1. Win "buy" games. Don't lose to Colgate, Bryant, etc. on the regular anymore. Far superior athletes and basketball players losing to inferior ones. Hmmmm, kind of points to a certain group of people not being good at their jobs? Coaches perhaps? Hall of Fame head coach perhaps getting out-coached? I think so.

2. Make the NCAA tournament without being on the bubble every year.

3. Win at least 12 out of 20 conference games every year. Not too much to ask when you're supposed to be one of the top 5 or 6 programs in the conference right?

4. At least sniff the top 25 if not exist within it, and be a quad 1 team, not quad 427.

Thanks that is all.

Sincerely, a fan who hates losing more and more games every year and is now a mediocre ACC program full of excuses.
This is a great description of expectations.

P5 teams lose buy games all the time. It isn't just a Syracuse thing...

Florida State loses a buy game to Stetson.
Oklahoma loses a buy game to Sam Houston State.
USC loses a buy game to Florida Gulf Coast.
Cal loses a buy game to UC Davis.
Louisville loses a buy game to Bellarmine.
Vanderbilt loses a buy game to Southern Miss.
Oregon loses a buy game to UC Irvine.
Boston College loses a buy game to Maine.
Florida loses a buy game to Florida Atlantic.
TCU loses a buy game to Northwestern State.
Florida State loses a buy game to Troy.
Louisville loses a buy game to Appalachian State.
Utah loses a buy game to Sam Houston.
Washington loses a buy game to Cal Baptist.
Cal loses a buy game to Southern.
Boston College loses a buy game to New Hampshire.
Vanderbilt loses a buy game to Grambling.
Texas A&M loses a buy game to Wofford.
Ole Miss loses a buy game to North Alabama.
Oregon loses a buy game to Utah Valley.
Iowa loses a buy game to Eastern Illinois.
Michigan loses a buy game to Central Michigan.

The epitome of brutality.

Blame the portal.
Sure but do P5 teams have multi-game losing streaks against buy teams?

I had a colleague, and if you ever heard her start saying something using the word "respectfully," it was about to go down.

Well, virtually any time any person says things, and then 'but'... -
everything that came before the 'but' was BS, and everything after is gonna be a gripe.

I expect our program to be regularly ranked in the top 25 and make the tournament every single year. I expect to be in the upper half of the ACC and make solid runs for the ACC title and ACC tournament title. I expect to be a player in recruiting both for high school kids and portal players. That is the bare minimum.

ACC and NCAA tournament success has a lot of randomness to it so I can live with some deep runs and some upsets without any expectations.

I expect complete adherence to my expectations. I also expect i will be frequently disappointed.

As an ardent fan of this particular program, based on our history, the program, the facilities, the fanbase, etc. etc., I feel that there are certain minimum expectations that should be met by Syracuse Orange men's basketball. Let me know if I am wackadoo like Dragon Lady Annie Wilkes for expecting this, and yes in the order I specify them.

1. Win "buy" games. Don't lose to Colgate, Bryant, etc. on the regular anymore. Far superior athletes and basketball players losing to inferior ones. Hmmmm, kind of points to a certain group of people not being good at their jobs? Coaches perhaps? Hall of Fame head coach perhaps getting out-coached? I think so.

2. Make the NCAA tournament without being on the bubble every year.

3. Win at least 12 out of 20 conference games every year. Not too much to ask when you're supposed to be one of the top 5 or 6 programs in the conference right?

4. At least sniff the top 25 if not exist within it, and be a quad 1 team, not quad 427.

Thanks that is all.

Sincerely, a fan who hates losing more and more games every year and is now a mediocre ACC program full of excuses.
I'm sure JAB hates losing more. And Red. And Gerry. And Griff. And John Wildhack.

Not sure what all that means, but these guys depend on winning to maintain their job. We are just fans (although ome of us are also boosters).

We need more threads like this. There haven’t been enough. Before this thread, I thought things were going pretty well. Now my eyes have been opened.
I guess we should be thankful for how "great" things are going, and "great" they'll continue to be after reading that ESPN article Saturday night.

I already did. He has done it for so many years, so he knows how to do it. Whether he does it or not I don’t know and never said he would.
He knows how to do it? Lol! Do you know what this means? It was tweeted by SUjuice.com:

The data:

2000 - 2009: 4, 5, X, 3, 5, 4, 5, X, X, 3

2010 - 2019: 1, 3, 1, 4, 3, X, 10, X, 11, 8

2020 - 2022: X, 11, X

I'm sure JAB hates losing more.
I don't.

He used to hate losing. It used to gnaw at him. Fueled him. Drove him.

But that was several years ago, at least.

I think at this point, his demeanor and his time spent on-task, shows that he doesn't like losing. But if it happens... meh.

Our results the past few years reflect that.

He knows how to do it? Lol! Do you know what this means? It was tweeted by SUjuice.com:

The data:

2000 - 2009: 4, 5, X, 3, 5, 4, 5, X, X, 3

2010 - 2019: 1, 3, 1, 4, 3, X, 10, X, 11, 8

2020 - 2022: X, 11, X

Postseason is all that matters!!

8 most recent postseasons:

Miss,
10 seed
Miss
11 seed
8 seed
Miss
11 seed
Miss

(With another Miss pending)

4/8 - MISS.
4/8 - avg seed = 10

So, we either miss the tourney entirely, OR we’re sweating it out on the bubble on those increasingly rare chances we’re even eligible.

This Is Fine GIF

There’s nothing to be thankful for. Things aren’t great.

We definitely need more threads about how not great things are, though.
Do you want us to start a thread that talks about only positive things while you read it in your safe space?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom