Bars near Carrier Circle | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bars near Carrier Circle

After your night of drinking, get up and head over to the nearby Rise N Shine Diner for breakfast. The food is amazing as well as the portion sizes. It's small, and the wait can be seriously long at times, however, I'm pretty sure you can call ahead and reserve a time vs. just showing up, which will help. The wait is worth it...the size and variety of the pancakes is out of this world.

That location is pretty solid - but definitely a wait. They have a Westcott location now. Not sure how long it's been up in that spot though.

Chadwicks! I lived about 38 seconds from there for a spell...decent enough place. Shifty's is a much better option just IMO. Never been to this Golden Spikes place, but I used to launder my clothes at that Colonial Laundromat with the Little Cesar's - good area to score stuff.

Do people drive to go to hotel bars? I can think of reasons I'd go to a hotel bar, but I can't think of a reason why I'd ever drive to go to one. If you're in that circle of hotels...makes sense probably. Never been though.

Ate at the Bull and Bear Roadhouse when we were in town this past weekend. Decent beer selection, decent food (although the wings were mediocre, IMO).

Word of warning - if you are taken to a table near another table of 40-something women who have been drinking for some time while celebrating a birthday, head for the hills! :D

If you go to Bull & Bear, the thing to order is the loaded salt potatoes.
Salt potatoes topped with pulled pork, sour cream and chives. Delicious!

Also love the Crate, usually one of my pregame stops. It helps lessen the sting of no more Chuck's. Yeah Chucks was a dump but great for getting you pumped up on gameday (also caught the last two FF games there, it was racus)
Chucks, Sutters, 44’s...RIP :(

That location is pretty solid - but definitely a wait. They have a Westcott location now. Not sure how long it's been up in that spot though.

Chadwicks! I lived about 38 seconds from there for a spell...decent enough place. Shifty's is a much better option just IMO. Never been to this Golden Spikes place, but I used to launder my clothes at that Colonial Laundromat with the Little Cesar's - good area to score stuff.

Do people drive to go to hotel bars? I can think of reasons I'd go to a hotel bar, but I can't think of a reason why I'd ever drive to go to one. If you're in that circle of hotels...makes sense probably. Never been though.

The Westcott Rise N Shine had a 3 hour wait both Saturday and Sunday when I called ahead. That place is a nightmare to get into.

Golden Spike is a good enough joint. The food is good and there are plenty of taps. Bull & Bear is a solid choice. Shifty's always has my vote, but it can get too crowded quickly and the parking can be tough (I have had a car towed from there before - the only place I've ever been towed from).

The Westcott Rise N Shine had a 3 hour wait both Saturday and Sunday when I called ahead. That place is a nightmare to get into.

They're so obnoxious, they've really jumped the shark. Loved their Thompson Road location, even after they got really popular. That coffee burger (don't knock it til you try it) they make is phenomenal. I was so psyched when they announced they were opening a second location minutes from my house.

But it's impossible to get in, cars are constantly double-parked all over the surrounding blocks, they've rented a grimy old bus that they use as a waiting room of sorts (belching diesel fumes as it idles), and if you do get in, they're one of the increasing number of dishonest vendors who states the cash-only price on the menu and then surprises the 99% of civilized society who pays with plastic when the check comes. So I kind of hate them. I've been going to Mom's (which is very average) more than ever before, mostly out of spite.

Absolute travesty what happened to chucks. Place was my go to spot during college. Unfortunately new management took over and completely screwed it up which is an incredibly impressive and near impossible thing to do. And then it obviously got knocked down for the new buildings.

My favorite line from the article...

“This is the wildest thing I ever saw. He’s banned now from Motel 6. This is a really nice place. You can’t do things like that. I can’t say about the other hotels in town,” said Greene.

He's not wrong. Friendly hint for traveling through the Bing- avoid the 2 hotels at the Exit 5 interchange. Um, at least to some things I "heard."

He's not wrong. Friendly hint for traveling through the Bing- avoid the 2 hotels at the Exit 5 interchange. Um, at least to some things I "heard."
I believe you, trust me I do. It is just funny to think of a Motel 6 as a "nice hotel". It is all relative

It is no coincidence that there is an Applebees right there and the Dickinson Town Court is about 200 yds. down the road

clubapplebees.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom