Barton interested in Cuse | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Barton interested in Cuse

You've been the best addition to this board in a LONG time

I agree! OG, it's good having you on here. I want to commend you for the work ethic you've instilled in your son, and I look forward to his success at SU.

As for him still growing and putting on weight, and having his athleticism, he might start to remind me somewhat of Billy Owens!(I mean that too). I believe anything is possible, and I can tell you help give your son faith that he can achieve his goals. From the sounds of everything he should have an opportunity to be one of the more versatile players this program has had in a good while, and coach Boeheim should have a number of interchangeable parts this coming season.

As for Barton, at least at first glance it sounds like it would be great if we could use an open scholarship which won't effect recruiting, and which will give us another point guard for the numerous reasons it's good to have one. Chemistry is always a factor, but he could be like a more humble version of a one and done. We have to realize he's making the choice though, but I love the fact that his mother mentioned Syracuse by name.

If Barton is really trying to showcase himself for a shot in the league or at least an overseas gig, I just don't see him choosing SU. We could definitely use him I just don't see it. Both Maryland and K-St have more minutes available at the point from the get go - and those minutes are unlikely to be up for grabs which would give Barton the chance to play through any challenges.

If Barton is really trying to showcase himself for a shot in the league or at least an overseas gig, I just don't see him choosing SU. We could definitely use him I just don't see it. Both Maryland and K-St have more minutes available at the point from the get go - and those minutes are unlikely to be up for grabs which would give Barton the chance to play through any challenges.
It could be argued though that if he is looking to showcase himself he would be better off doing it for 15 min per game on a team thats playing big games on national tv all the time than for 25 min on bad teams nobody will care about.

Who knows what the staff will be telling him. They wouldn't waste their time pursuing him if they didn't think he could help them and get some quality playing time. Over the years SU has been very selective with transfers and they usually have been very successful with the guys that have played here. What school could showcase him in an environment that is as awesome as the dome.

It could be argued though that if he is looking to showcase himself he would be better off doing it for 15 min per game on a team thats playing big games on national tv all the time than for 25 min on bad teams nobody will care about.

Oh I have no doubt it would benefit him.. but selling that to a kid who saw his minutes dwindle at memphis.. I could see major challenges there.

Oh I have no doubt it would benefit him.. but selling that to a kid who saw his minutes dwindle at memphis.. I could see major challenges there.
True... didnt mean the argument would necessarily sell... just that a legit case could be made. We'll see.

While he is training hard at this point increasing his strength and skills, he is only going to enhance his strength and skill set when he gets there working with the coaches and fitness trainers. He is looking forward to getting there in July. Looking into the SU crystal Ball SUball. At this rate of progress, BJ could be approximately 6'8 and 195-200. He has gained 15pds of muscle in the last 1 1/2 months.

Yes! I love this kid. In case no one has mentioned you should probably ignore anything that Igor or Blue Curtain says about your son. Just an FYI.

What school could showcase him in an environment that is as awesome as the dome.

what difference could that possibly make?

NBA S.cout: "Barton? He averaged 4.1 points and 1.8 assists in about 15 mpg . . . I think he's a pass."
NBA GM: "But, he played in a Dome, dummy. Let's draft him."

Who knows what the staff will be telling him. They wouldn't waste their time pursuing him if they didn't think he could help them and get some quality playing time.

I think I know exactly what the staff is telling him. Something along the lines of 'All you have to do is beat a freshman and you will be the starting point guard for a top ten team'.

To me that's a pretty strong sales pitch.

Considering how picky Boeheim is about transfers, I dont think he'd go after Barton if he didn't think Barton could at least put a serious challenge in for the starting job.

I presume that Faust's parents are Barton's Godparents... therefore - Godbrother.

All this talk of a term that is a variation on "godfather" reminds me of a scene in the 2nd sequel to "Meet the Parents", "Little Fockers". Those familiar should recall the scene where Robert DeNiro, contemplating his mortality, makes a heartfelt plea to Ben Stiller asking him if he is ready to be the godFocker. Even my straight-laced father(who showed me the movie) couldn't hold back his laughter. I can imagine a scene where Barton's mother is similarly grilling the godbrother, asking if he is ready to assume his duties if her son should need to leave the game. :)

All this talk of a term that is a variation on "godfather" reminds me of a scene in the 2nd sequel to "Meet the Parents", "Little Fockers". Those familiar should recall the scene where Robert DeNiro, contemplating his mortality, makes a heartfelt plea to Ben Stiller asking him if he is ready to be the godFocker. Even my straight-laced father(who showed me the movie) couldn't hold back his laughter. I can imagine a scene where Barton's mother is similarly grilling the godbrother, asking if he is ready to assume his duties if her son should need to leave the game. :)

Little Fockers was awful. I mean just a total embarrassment of a movie. DeNiro has hurt his legacy, selling out with garbage like that.

Little Fockers was awful. I mean just a total embarrassment of a movie. DeNiro has hurt his legacy, selling out with garbage like that.
But damned if he didn't demonstrate his acting chops again in "Silver Linings Playbook." Classic DeNiro. Also, Jennifer Lawrence is composed of 100% pure recycled awesome.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Recycled? BS that sheit is made of all new top of the line stuff. Nothing imported.
But damned if he didn't demonstrate his acting chops again in "Silver Linings Playbook." Classic DeNiro. Also, Jennifer Lawrence is composed of 100% pure recycled awesome.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom