Baseball build your best team | Syracusefan.com

Baseball build your best team

Alsacs

Living Legend
From these options of the last 30 years.
DyF79IWWkAUwIV6

Lf Bonds
Cf Edmonds
RF Walker
3B Beltre
SS Jeter
2B Kent
1B Cabrera
S Pedro
Cl Sandman
C Posada
DH Papi

Even $33

Not as tough using a 5’er on Bonds over Trout as I’d thought.

I’d have Halladay over Kershaw. Just my opinion.

LF Bonds 5
CF Griffey Jr 4
RF Sheffield 1
3B Arenado 1
SS Larkin 2
2B Cano 2
1B Cabrera 4
C Posada 1
SP Johnson 4
RP Rivera 5
DH Martinez 3

Last edited:
LF Ramirez
CF Trout
RF Guererro
3B Rolen
SS Jeter
2B Cano
1B Thome
C Mauer
SP Martinez
CL Rivera
DH Thomas

LF Ramirez
CF Trout
RF Guererro
3B Rolen
SS Jeter
2B Cano
1B Thome
C Mauer
SP Martinez
CL Rivera
DH Thomas
Manny did make me think twice about Bonds, but Bonds is a world champion as well

Manny did make me think twice about Bonds, but Bonds is a world champion as well
It's a fun exercise. Lots of ways to go. I spent a lot in the outfield and thought there was good value to be had in the infield.

It's a fun exercise. Lots of ways to go. I spent a lot in the outfield and thought there was good value to be had in the infield.
Agreed. Defense and OB% definitely outweighs power in the infield imo. Wanted charisma all over the infield, hesitated in picking Beltre over Rolen and Kent over, well any of them.

we getting Bonds Pre 2000 where he was really just slightly above good only 1 yr or bonds after 35 where he went nuts?

dh molitor
1b Bagwell
2b cano
ss Jeter
3b Boggs
LF Manny
CF Griffey
Rf Betts
C Mauer
P Pedro
RP Hoffman

And i got millions left over for that mid season deal to win the pennant

LF Bonds
CF Jones
RF Walker
3B Rolen
SS Rodriguez
2B Cano
1B Pujols
C Posey
SP Martinez
CL Jansen
DH Thomas

I'd bat them: Bonds, Pujols, Thomas, ARod, Walker, A. Jones, Cano, Posey, Rolen

Lineup:
RF - Ichiro L
CF - Trout R
LF - Bonds L
1B - Pujols R
DH - Martinez R
2B - Cano L
3B - Rolen R
C - Mauer L
SS - Jeter R

SP - Kershaw
CL - Kimbrel

DyF79IWWkAUwIV6
RF Betts 3
CF Jones 2
LF Bonds 5
2B Utley 3
SS Arod 5
3B Arenado 2
1B Thome 2
SP Kershaw 1
Closer Mo 5
C Mauer 2
DH Edgar 3

LF Bonds 5
CF Griffey Jr 4
RF Sheffield 1
3B Arenado 1
SS Larkin 2
2B Cano 2
1B Cabrera 4
C Posada 1
SP Maddux 5
RP Rivera 5
DH Martinez 3

Arenado is 2

DyF79IWWkAUwIV6
Lf berkman
Cf Griffey jr
Rf Sheffield
2b biggio
Ss Ripken
3b rolen
1b thome
C piazza
Dh martinez
Sp Unit
Cp Hoffman

we getting Bonds Pre 2000 where he was really just slightly above good only 1 yr or bonds after 35 where he went nuts?

dh molitor
1b Bagwell
2b cano
ss Jeter
3b Boggs
LF Manny
CF Griffey
Rf Betts
C Mauer
P Pedro
RP Hoffman

And i got millions left over for that mid season deal to win the pennant

Bonds 1986-1999

3x MVP
8x All-Star
7x GG
7x SS

His 103.7 WAR would put him 28th all time in the history of baseball lol. That's what makes '00-'07 even more insane

I get the stats,, but also old enough that this was my prime baseball time.. All star yes, super all time talent no way..

his home run stats exploded from 99 on when the steriods kicked in.

at no time did anyone i knew in the 90s say man that Bonds is just unbelievable.. I see Trout/Betts now and Bonds isn't even close to that level on D.

I am not a WAR guy, I dont think its stats make any sense in how they compute it and put value on players in t he face of in game value

DyF79IWWkAUwIV6
Bonds - 5
Edmonds- 1
Sheffield - 1
Boggs - 3
Larkin - 2
Alomar - 5
Thome- 2
Piazza - 4
Thomas - 4
Johnson - 4
Jansen - 2

Rock solid defensively up the middle at 2B, SS, CF with Alomar, Larkin, and Edmonds. The best overall player in Bonds. Pure sticks in Thomas, Piazza, Sheffield, Boggs, Thome. And an overpowering pitcher and closer in Johnson and Jansen.

IMO, Larkin >>> Jeter and Ripken. And even though on spent $4 on the Unit, there’s a ton of value at pitcher. Pedro for 2??? Kershaw for 1?? They might both be better than Maddox, who is 5.

I get the stats,, but also old enough that this was my prime baseball time.. All star yes, super all time talent no way..

at no time did anyone i knew in the 90s say man that Bonds is just unbelievable.. I see Trout/Betts now and Bonds isn't even close to that level on D.

I am not a WAR guy, I dont think its stats make any sense in how they compute it and put value on players in t he face of in game value

aNd0vyR.gif

He’s not. They lost in 7 games to the Angels, the only time his team made the World Series.

I don’t hold that against players in baseball at all though. You can only do so much in 4 at bats a game. It’s not like football or b-ball where your team can put the game on you to a much greater extent.

I refuse to do that till mookie betts is removed as an option.

He does not belong with those Legends.

I’d rather pick Dickie Betts.

My team of mini Mo Riveras will run all of you.

Your age means nothing here. I never saw Ted Williams play but I’m confident he’s one of the best hitters baseball has ever seen.

You saying Bonds only had 1 “slightly above good” year from 86-99 is hilarious. “I get the stats but I’m just going to ignore them because i didn’t think he was very good”

He was a 400hr/400stolen bases guy from 86-99 ... the only member in the entire history of baseball. He’s also the only member of the 500/500 club. Or do those stats mean nothing too

Your age means nothing here. I never saw Ted Williams play but I’m confident he’s one of the best hitters baseball has ever seen.

You saying Bonds only had 1 “slightly above good” year from 86-99 is hilarious. “I get the stats but I’m just going to ignore them because i didn’t think he was very good”

He was a 400hr/400stolen bases guy from 86-99 ... the only member in the entire history of baseball. He’s also the only member of the 500/500 club. Or do those stats mean nothing too

On top of that he was a damn good LF'er especially in Pittsburgh, not the best arm but was great out there.

Is this corked bat Fat Albert? If so he's the biggest steal on the list.

DyF79IWWkAUwIV6

Are we talking peak seasons? Because the following are great value.

1995 Albert Belle at $1
1982 Paul Molitor at $2
1999 Pedro Martinez $2

so in the prime of his career, of almost every career in baseball up to 2000 when he was 35, he hit more than 40 home runs 2 times.. he hit over .310 one time... from that point on he hit 300 HRs..

Willie Mays up to 35 hit over 40, 5 times on that same span and missed 2 yrs after is ROY to go into the service and then came back and hit 41. In the freakin Polo grounds.. after he was 35 he hit about 125 HRs. he hit .310 or close to it 10 times on that same span. Played 10 less games a yr back then so lost almost 3 seasons in his prime between Service and length of season..

Bonds was a nice player, a top 10 LF in that era. he was not an elite fielder. He was better than his dad fir sure. he stole 50 one yr when the leader had 77.. nice

he stole bases in an era when it was the thing to do and pretty solid at it for a few yrs.. top 10 a couple times.

willie mays stole 40 one yr when the next guy stole 22, he was first 3 times and top 5 six yrs in a row, then quit stealing them ,

If bonds finishes his career like most people back then and doesnt go crazy he ends up 450-500 Hrs and is border line HFr.

you put a different name on him and he doesnt win 3 MVPs by the age of 30 with the stats he was throwing up. He was dominant after 35 not before and you are hard pressed to find 3-5 other guys in almost 150 yrs of baseball who can say that.

again you have to be over 45-50 to have watched much of him before he went steroid crazy and baseball was not on nearly as much, just the primetime games back then.

400/400 is nice but its taken out of context.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom