Baseball scandal | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball scandal

as if they yankees dont have a huge advantage structuring their lineup for that park. lefty pull hitters and right handers with center/ right center strokes. its a big advantage when you can set your entire 40 man roster up for that joke park
Truly and the Yankees went out and got the best lefty hitters they could to take advantage of that short porch ... the only lefty hitter in the starting lineup is Brett Gardner.

Truly and the Yankees went out and got the best lefty hitters they could to take advantage of that short porch ... the only lefty hitter in the starting lineup is Brett Gardner.

oh yeah cause they didn’t have dead pull Didi until he just now left for free agency .. it’s a joke field and everyone in the majors knows it and talks about it

as if they yankees dont have a huge advantage structuring their lineup for that park. lefty pull hitters and right handers with center/ right center strokes. its a big advantage when you can set your entire 40 man roster up for that joke park

View attachment 175586

Most would call that smart roster management. So...the Yankees cheat by having a short porch in right field and then structuring their lineup to take advantage of that? I mean, Yankees stadium has only been like that for decades...I guess it takes a while for other teams (*cough* sux *cough*) to catch up.

Last edited:
View attachment 175586

Most would call that smart roster management. So...the Yankees cheat by having a short porch in right field and then structuring their lineup to take advantage of that? I mean, Yankees stadium has only been like that for decades...I guess it takes a while for other teams (*cough* sux *cough*) to catch up.

One decade. 2009.

At the old Yankee Stadium, the right field wall curved from the right-field corner to straightaway center, while at the new ballpark the fence takes a sharp, almost entirely straight angle.[49] This results in a difference at certain points between the right field markers of as much as 9 feet (2.7 m).[49] The dimensions in left field are substantially the same despite the presence of an embedded auxiliary scoreboard there as well.[49] All these differences make the current Yankee Stadium more batter-friendly than the original one.[50]

But don't let the facts and math get in your way. I know those are tough for Yank-me fans.

Looks like the little leader’s career is over.
Best of luck to him in retirement.

Looks like the little leader’s career is over.
Best of luck to him in retirement.
Why are you including him in this thread though? Has he been implicated in the scandal?

One decade. 2009.

At the old Yankee Stadium, the right field wall curved from the right-field corner to straightaway center, while at the new ballpark the fence takes a sharp, almost entirely straight angle.[49] This results in a difference at certain points between the right field markers of as much as 9 feet (2.7 m).[49] The dimensions in left field are substantially the same despite the presence of an embedded auxiliary scoreboard there as well.[49] All these differences make the current Yankee Stadium more batter-friendly than the original one.[50]

But don't let the facts and math get in your way. I know those are tough for Yank-me fans.

Ok...if you would like to use facts:

Yankees Stadium Dimenstions.JPG

The dimensions of the new Stadium are identical to the old one: 314 feet down the right-field line; 385 to right-center; 408 to center field; 399 to left-center; and 314 down the left-field line.

Next "fact"?!?

Ok...if you would like to use facts:

View attachment 175594

The dimensions of the new Stadium are identical to the old one: 314 feet down the right-field line; 385 to right-center; 408 to center field; 399 to left-center; and 314 down the left-field line.

Next "fact"?!?
So it's your reading comprehension that is failing you.

People are really crying about the Yankee right field fence? Wow. Its not even the shortest if memory serves me right. How about left field? Several have shorter porches there too.

People are really crying about the Yankee right field fence? Wow. Its not even the shortest if memory serves me right. How about left field? Several have shorter porches there too.
Yeah, there are no perfect ballparks. Not even Busch.

So it's your reading comprehension that is failing you.

No I read and understood it. Apparently you just choose to only select certain facts that support your weak argument. Or you have a reading comprehension problem. Maybe both?!

It doesn't matter if part of the wall is curved or straight. The key measurement is straight down the lines, which are the same dimensions as the old stadium.

According to the below article, Yankee Stadium isn't even in the top 5. But the way you are arguing it should be #1.

Just another fact for ya...or try this fact:

According to these factual statistics, Yankees Stadium was actually a pitcher friendly park this past season. But, how can that be? As according to your fact, which only looks at a small portion of the park, Yankee Stadium is a hitter's park. Hmmmm...

Anything else? Or are just going to regurgitate your same argument for a 3rd time?

Last edited:
No I read and understood it. Apparently you just choose to only select certain facts that support your weak argument. Or you have a reading comprehension problem. Maybe both?!

It doesn't matter if part of the wall is curved or straight. The key measurement is straight down the lines, which are the same dimensions as the old stadium.

According to the below article, Yankee Stadium isn't even in the top 5. But the way you are arguing it should be #1.

Just another fact for ya...or try this fact:

According to these factual statistics, Yankees Stadium was actually a pitcher friendly park this past season. But, how can that be? As according to your fact, which only looks at a small portion of the park, Yankee Stadium is a hitter's park. Hmmmm...

Anything else? Or are just going to regurgitate your same argument for a 3rd time?
Nahh, you aren't understanding. It's no fun. Yank-mes fans never are.

just as many people won as lost because of the results, which is different than betting cause you know the results.

you cant even really know which games and plays had any effect .