Basketball is a beautiful game | Syracusefan.com

Basketball is a beautiful game

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
In which even styles that aren't beautiful can win.

But not tonight.

I give a lot of credit to Badger fans. They have to by into that system as much as the players. Geez. No aesthetics or style points. I couldn't do it. I know this about myself.

In which even styles that aren't beautiful can win.

But not tonight.

I give a lot of credit to Badger fans. They have to by into that system as much as the players. Geez. No aesthetics or style points. I couldn't do it. I know this about myself.

I have a lot of appreciation of Wisc style - especially after this game, I am surprised that you don't.

I have a lot of appreciation of Wisc style - especially after this game, I am surprised that you don't.
Call me shallow, but I like my entertainment to be pretty.

:leers back:

I love that Syracuse is THE STANDARD for fast-paced playing in Lacrosse. (With respects to UVA.) Though other teams are intent on slowing SU down.
I love that Syracuse is a fast-breaking basketball team -- though other teams know the only way they can hang with Syracuse is to take the air out of the ball.
Now if we can just get SU football on the same page.

I know they have a reputation for looking ugly, but I liked what I saw tonight. They had great ball movement to get our zone moving and moved the ball inside out until they found a good shot. I'm certainly wowed by the one-on-one ability of a Dion or the original Melo, but I love seeing good team execution too.

I know they have a reputation for looking ugly, but I liked what I saw tonight. They had great ball movement to get our zone moving and moved the ball inside out until they found a good shot. I'm certainly wowed by the one-on-one ability of a Dion or the original Melo, but I love seeing good team execution too.
Agreed, Wisconsin's ball movement was a thing of beauty. I also think Syracuse's zone is a beautiful thing to watch. Overall, it was an aesthetically pleasing game.

One of the best games I've seen in awhile as far as level of play and skill on both sides. Really well played game all around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom