Battle, Brissett have to be much, much better | Syracusefan.com

Battle, Brissett have to be much, much better

I'm going to believe that not having point guard settled is affecting the team a ton. It's making us rely on guards that are green, and it's making Battle play away from his strengths.

Not really they are clearly worrying about their draft stock and shooting percentage etc etc. It can be unhealthy to play for a program like us. THey will be fine and play through this. This game was too early we don't lay an egg in December like that but a week into the year it happened. Uconn chucked it from range over the zone we've seen this before when teams get hot on us OOC.

Hughes was playing hero ball and forcing some crazy shots,
Brissett looked completely out of it,
Chukwu got badly outplayed and
Battle was not aggressive until it was too late,

Jalen Carey was the lone bright spot with his shot making tonight... could of done without all the turnovers, but it's hard to complain about the kid considering everyone else sucked arse!

Overall a very frustrating game!

Not sure where to start. Really fooled us all when we thought Carey was the screw up and he turns out to lead the team in scoring, rebounding, steals and oh yeah turn overs.

OB has shown his ability and worth to the team last season and so much that he's got a lot of eyes on him, he's in the most crucial year of his life to date, I'll give him a few passes early season as long as long as he finds his form for ACC play. When does the offense being so stagnant effect recruiting more than playing the zone? When our back is against the wall it's individual talent propelling our coach to the win or the loss. Hurley had quite the presence tonight and actually seemed to be influencing calls left and right compared to JB not getting anything going his way. Is it bad that I wouldn't mind seeing him finally leave the mid majors behind in a few years?

Not sure where to start. Really fooled us all when we thought Carey was the screw up and he turns out to lead the team in scoring, rebounding, steals and oh yeah turn overs.
he was also the only one to come close to playing well

Disappointed in Brissett. He did have that clean 3 early that rimmed out, felt like a shot that if it fell would've changed things.

Losing to a mid-major stinks.

Jalen Carey had a hell of a game. Remember he is a freshmen and also been hurt. He did better than Battle and Bissett. Yes we need Frank back ASAP also

and marek off the bench doesn't seem to be getting into the flow at all.

He's been awful. His head isnt in the game.

If Brissett and Battle continue to play with no effort on either end, this will be a long year. They got out hustled. Carey with his turnovers played better than both of them.

Ok, what is it? Bad body language? Thinking about the draft? Trying to figure out how to take the lead with the additions of Carey and Hughes? What?

He’s been bad through three games now, and was brutal tonight. What’s the most distressing thing is that he’s not hustling or showing leadership, even when his shots aren’t falling.

I’ll give him another week, but after that I’m going to be freaking out.

Cuse/ Battle-Brissett miss FH. Carey will be good player down the road. He made no one better tonight, no one! His point total will fool some people, but when UCONN wasnt turning him over, he took forever getting into the offense. Moving forward w healthy FH, JC plays max 18 min/gm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom