Battle poll question | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Battle poll question

Will Battle return to SU for next year

• Total voters
Ty has some flaws in his game which have been discussed on this forum. By NBA standards he is probably considered to be an average, not a great, athlete.

Teams like to have some three and D players on the roster. Ty doesn't make a high enough percentage of threes from college distance to fit the three and d type prototype. Never mind NBA distance. Additionally, (per my NBA scout friend), the D part from Cuse players is very difficult for scouts to project due to the 100% zone.

So, for Ty to get drafted, even in the second round, teams would have to have confidence in his ability to overcome his flaws.

I just can't see any team loving Ty enough to be making second round promises. I think he will definitely be on some team's boards should he stay in the draft, but somebody loving him enough to make promises. I just don't see that. Teams will want to keep their options open and have flexibility to trade up or down within the round in case somebody they really like slips.

As a Knick fan, i can't help but compare Ty to Damyean Dotson, who the Knicks took in the early to mid part of the second round last year. Dotson is arguably more athletic, similar size, better shooter, better finisher, and better rebounder. In that context, it is hard to love Ty before the end of the second round at best.
This is a solid post

SBNation article today shows Tyus moving into first rd at 24. Hasn’t even hit combine yet. He gone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom