Battle | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Battle

Tyus is a little quicker than G and a quicker leaper/riser. He still will push off his man (off of no help/sliding) which is getting annoying but he has that killer instinct when you need a bucket. You’d still like to see him pass more on drives. That part of his game his coming. We are lucky to have him.
Haha...except for that dunk attempt at the end where they definitely moved the rim higher on him!!!

Haha...except for that dunk attempt at the end where they definitely moved the rim higher on him!!!

We've definitely reached our quota on missed dunks before I lose my sanity. Granted Battle's was inconsequential, but for crying out loud!

That is your take away after his 40 minutes? Respectfully offering a different take:

+ Kid has a beautiful game in development.

+ His ability to self-create offense can carry us through key stretches. And he had five steals. He ain’t digging it on the other end.

+ Enjoy him now. Compared to our last three early-NBA draft entrants (McCullough, Richardson, Lyndon), he is the most NBA ready.

But sure...he rushed that one shot yesterday.
He is the most NBA ready no doubt. But therein lies the problem, he is good enough to know he didn't need to rush anything. If he wasn't really good, I woulda said oh well he ain't that good and I wouldn't expect more from him. I am not a rip apart guy in any way. So if u took it that way, sorry but reread my post. Kids a stud and just needs fine toning.

and there we have it - the fluctuating IQ is back.
I'm not sure what you mean, I've never said waivered. Battle (and Frank) need to sharpen up their end of half, end of game - management skills.

Well, Silent G had PLENTY of spectacularly blown dunk attempts over his career as well, so we can't really bust on Tyus - too much - for that one. ;)

I am not knocking this kid at

Well yeah. I was wtching the game when i posted and it was 3

All good...but, you posted this at 6:30am this AM, not during the game. And you said "the kid is great" and then named five things he did wrong taking up the bulk of your post. Go. Orange.

All good...but, you posted this at 6:30am this AM, not during the game. And you said "the kid is great" and then named five things he did wrong taking up the bulk of your post. Go. Orange.
Was watching replay.

I also only said 3 possesions at end of half.

Well, Silent G had PLENTY of spectacularly blown dunk attempts over his career as well, so we can't really bust on Tyus - too much - for that one. ;)
Yeah...used to love those attempts at huge one handed tomahawks from a few steps inside the free throw line that usually bricked back out to mid court!!

I believe he will turn out to be one of the best scorers SU has ever put in the league.

Since I thought David Johnson would be a great NBA player I’ve given up predicting success at the next level but Tyus seems more ready/better than anyone since Dion. He needs to work on things but he’s ahead of Malachi, Ennis, Lydon, Christmas, etc...not that they were really ready.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom