Baye, Gbinije and Roberson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Baye, Gbinije and Roberson

Baye I love! The day he leaves, we will miss him hes done so much for syracuse the last 4 years. I only hope we can find another big to extend the zone like him (maybe with better hands :p)

Gbinije is kind of a enigma. When the zone and our scoring is going good I like Gbinije. When its not hes kind of a fill in(which is ok but not what you want). Hes kind of like a freshmen point in those terms. imo hes best when we are breaking the other team down.

Roberson- Is unreadable as of now. I wish BJ was ready to knock down some 3's.

Offensively I worry about our bench because we have no scorers coming off it. Atleast we had Dajuan or Grant before to spell one of our big four a rest. Thankfully, Rak is coming along hes stepped up to score 7 and in with a defender behind him. If he does that enough we should consider him as a 6th man maybe.

Defensively I worry most about our guard defense up top We don't have anyone as long or athletic as mcw/dion who is a good zone/man pressure the ball defender.

Last edited:
Janulis
Reafsnyder

When you have 5 great starters, you can deal with a limited bench.
Reafsnyder's #s > Baye's #s
Janulis #s > Gbinije's #s

:noidea:

the 2014 Orangemen are an outstanding team that is just a turned ankle away from a losing streak

dun . . . dun . . . DUN!

I thought all 3 gave us a lift tonight during that god awful start to the game. They have their flaws, but they each made a couple of big plays for us tonight, and Gbinije is finally starting to be a little more aggressive offensively.

keita 6 points 5 blocks 8 Rebounds and a steal in proabably less then 20 minutes

Thats 12 points 16 boards and 10 blocks per 40.

Calling out your own jinx of this team?
just providing the soundtrack that went should have gone through everyone's mind . . . Even with an adequate backup, TE is the kind of player who would be the difference between a good team and a great team. Everything rides on him

Gbinje needs to contribute Keita-style - be a leader, very good defensively, and contribute something positive offensively. Unfortunately, Gbinje is turning the ball over too much, not creating for others or himself, and not knocking down open shots right now.

Baye Moussa Keita was a huge part in tonights victory... but I am very worried about the 9 combined fouls by Rak and Baye. Gbinaje looked very solid defensively and I hate to say it but I don't see TRob playing much for the remainder of the season. Too difficult to put Fair/Grant on the bench for anytime longer than about 2 minutes.

just providing the soundtrack that went should have gone through everyone's mind . . . Even with an adequate backup, TE is the kind of player who would be the difference between a good team and a great team. Everything rides on him

Completely agree. I was wincing in pain at his injury and our lost season when they did the slow mo replay of his ankle turning. Hope he gets lots of treatment this week and is ready to go.

keita 6 points 5 blocks 8 Rebounds and a steal in proabably less then 20 minutes

Thats 12 points 16 boards and 10 blocks per 40.

and 8 fouls. Not all of these things are extendable on this scale.

Roberson flew down the floor three times but never got the ball, love his motor

He actually beat nine guys the full length of the floor on one occasion (Gbinije's three, maybe?). He defended a layup on Wake's baseline and sprinted to underneath our basket before the ball got to our end.

Wish he'd gotten a pass, especially when Ennis missed on a three-on-two with Roberson trailing the play.

Roberson flew down the floor three times but never got the ball, love his motor
Saw that too. And the fact that he took the 15 ft jumper tells me that he is getting more comfortable. Like Grant that is a shot that he can hit. Once he (and Grant) start hitting that shot regularly this team improves a little more.

Saw that too. And the fact that he took the 15 ft jumper tells me that he is getting more comfortable. Like Grant that is a shot that he can hit. Once he (and Grant) start hitting that shot regularly this team improves a little more.

Looked like he couldn't decide between bank or straight in on that shot though. So he ended up exactly in the middle. But his form is good and I think he knocks a few of those down before the season is done. He's going to be a player.

Outside of dunks and layups Roberson hasn't looked comfortable on one jump shot he's taken this year. Not saying he can't, but he's rushed every shot he's taken. He looks spastic in offense, he's just not ready at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom