Baylor should get the death penalty | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Baylor should get the death penalty

Plus the Kansas rape deal with basketball is starting to take on the feel as what seems to be turning into the norm with big time college sports these days...Just cover it up and hope for the best
This is like the third or fourth rape scandal associated with KU Hoops in past fifteen years.

The thing that works against Baylor is UTexas. Huge alumni
base that would like nothing better than to see Baylor go down hard, helping to restore the normal "balance of power" in Texas.

Bunch of scumbags. The "adult " version of ped st. The NCAA is a joke. You get wins taken away and probation for helping a kid on an exam, but if you create BS classes (NC) or rape multiple women, making them part of your recruiting pitch...nothing...crickets.

The thing that works against Baylor is UTexas. Huge alumni
base that would like nothing better than to see Baylor go down hard, helping to restore the normal "balance of power" in Texas.

One should not assume that UT will be casting stones. Baylor has powerful alumni and UT (as well as many other major schools) have ways of encouraging recruits to commit.

Look at the practical side of destroying Baylor, the Big 12 would have to add at least 1 new school and probably 3 to get an agreement on who to invite. They couldn't get two schools approved a few months ago.

Big time schools have to be careful taking the holier than though approach on this. Sad reality is to compete in the big time world of college athletics, you have to get muddy. You can argue that differing severity of dirt, but it's all mud all the same. NCAA turns a blind eye so the $ flow doesn't stop. Only stops when the fans say stop, and that isn't going to happen.

Big time schools have to be careful taking the holier than though approach on this. Sad reality is to compete in the big time world of college athletics, you have to get muddy. You can argue that differing severity of dirt, but it's all mud all the same. NCAA turns a blind eye so the $ flow doesn't stop. Only stops when the fans say stop, and that isn't going to happen.

if a big time school doesn't allow 50 sexual assaults and pretend they never happened then they can be holier than though compared to Baylor.

I'm asking myself, what was Ruhle thinking? But I guess Bill O'Brien made it out of happy valley alive. Jeez.

He's a Penn State guy, he's accustomed to pretending things didn't happen and shifting blame.

Plus the Kansas rape deal with basketball is starting to take on the feel as what seems to be turning into the norm with big time college sports these days...Just cover it up and hope for the best

Don't forget Minnesota.

Apparently rape isn't in the NCAA's wheelhouse.
If the NCAA is consistent in its application of logic (which we know it isn't), since rape is available for all students it is an institutional problem not an athletic one. They might tag a non-revenue sport with punishments, however, like women's soccer or men's track.

if a big time school doesn't allow 50 s e xual assaults and pretend they never happened then they can be holier than though compared to Baylor.

I get what you are saying. Let this anecdote speak for itself.

A friend of my daughter was sexually assaulted at college. The assault occurred of campus at a private residence. The school's student group that "polices" school violations, from ethics to assaults, wanted the girl to falsely report the matter as unwanted advances and the perpetrator would get a slap on the wrist. The girl said no and we all now means no. She reported the incident to the police and the group pressured her to retract her report. Recall that this occurred off campus and the only tie to the school was that each party was a student. She held her ground and refused to do anything without the approval of the local D.A.

The point is that this stuff happens everywhere, even this smaller state school. No university wants a formal investigation by a real authority (police, Feds - it turns out this guy was being investigated for other crimes!). The assaults are covered up very well. Even for those that are not football or basketball stars (this kids was neither). Schools that present themselves as holier than thou are placing targets on their backs waiting for a lawsuit.

A friend of my daughter was s e xually assaulted at college. The assault occurred of campus at a private residence. The school's student group that "polices" school violations, from ethics to assaults, wanted the girl to falsely report the matter as unwanted advances and the perpetrator would get a slap on the wrist. The girl said no and we all now means no. She reported the incident to the police and the group pressured her to retract her report. Recall that this occurred off campus and the only tie to the school was that each party was a student. She held her ground and refused to do anything without the approval of the local D.A.

The point is that this stuff happens everywhere, even this smaller state school. No university wants a formal investigation by a real authority (police, Feds - it turns out this guy was being investigated for other crimes!). The assaults are covered up very well. Even for those that are not football or basketball stars (this kids was neither). Schools that present themselves as holier than thou are placing targets on their backs waiting for a lawsuit.

it goes on everywhere, no doubt. which is sickening, especially if you have a daughter heading to college in about 2 1/2 years like I do.

C3NgAANUMAEC7TO

New Baylor lawsuit alleges 52 rapes by football players in 4 years, 'show 'em a good time' culture | Baylor | Dallas News

52 alleged rapes by football players the last 4 years. Art Briles is a disgrace. This behavior is so sleazy.

Sickening, if Smu can get the death penalty for paying players, Baylor should for promoting a culture of rape, I hope both Briles never get another job.

If athletics administrators and coaches can enable child molestation for decades at PSU and basically have all sanctions with any teeth vacated, I can't possible see the NCAA doing anything of substance here that actually sticks.

Even at an institution like SMU where the death penalty was enforced for a pay for play culture, we've seen subsequent situations that were similar where sanctions weren't as strict. I mean SMU football was basically disintegrated for the better part of 2-3 DECADES after the enforcement of the death penalty, yet Miami FL and USC who both had pay for play issues with multiple student athletes were on some sort of probation for a few years and then right back into the swing of things.

UNC with academic fraud at an unheard of level - still nothing to date.

NCAA is a joke.
Cause you know. Wheelhouse

A friend of my daughter was s e xually assaulted at college. The assault occurred of campus at a private residence. The school's student group that "polices" school violations, from ethics to assaults, wanted the girl to falsely report the matter as unwanted advances and the perpetrator would get a slap on the wrist. The girl said no and we all now means no. She reported the incident to the police and the group pressured her to retract her report. Recall that this occurred off campus and the only tie to the school was that each party was a student. She held her ground and refused to do anything without the approval of the local D.A.

My daughter has decided to skip college and go straight into becoming a stylist. Her HS has a two-year program which she will be certified by the state at graduation (which will be this June). She will go straight into her chosen career. Part of me wishes she would still go to college, but another part is glad that she's found something she loves that doesn't require her to do so. When I read something like this, I'm even more happy about her decision.

it goes on everywhere, no doubt. which is sickening, especially if you have a daughter heading to college in about 2 1/2 years like I do.

I have four, the youngest is in college now. This is a sensitive issue as a dad (moms think likewise), there is nothing you can do at the moment and it is illegal to do what you want/should do if it happens. Best of luck in helping your daughter find the right school for her aspirations. This issue will bug you until she graduates.

My daughter has decided to skip college and go straight into becoming a stylist. Her HS has a two-year program which she will be certified by the state at graduation (which will be this June). She will go straight into her chosen career. Part of me wishes she would still go to college, but another part is glad that she's found something she loves that doesn't require her to do so. When I read something like this, I'm even more happy about her decision.

I am glad she is able to achieve her goals. My girls took advantage of the college option where they took college classes at the local CC (Lone Star - Kingwood) instead high school and received credit for both - plus, I didn't have to pay for tuition before they graduated from high school! Texas has some forward thinking ideas and motivations with education. Still, I always worried about the few creeps on campus. I must say that I am glad my girls were not in residence when they started out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom