Bazely changes his mind again .. and dumps G League | Syracusefan.com

Bazely changes his mind again .. and dumps G League

“The G League is the only league where winning might not be everything. Development is the most important aspect, but guys are playing for the team and at the same time trying to play for themselves. That’s not the type of guy I am. For me in those settings to just get mine, I’ve never been brought up that way. I feel basketball is a team sport and everybody is supposed to eat. In the G League, that’s not the way it is. Everyone is trying to get an opportunity to go to the NBA."

If only there was a platform where kids could hone their craft in a team-first setting for the year between high school and eligibility for the NBA draft.

"Ricky" O'Donnell, reporting from mom's basement.

Like, as a complete no-name “reporter” how do you even fix your fingers to type a shot at a legend? He didn’t feel self-conscious about that at all? SMH. The freedom of twitter really has some of these guys perceptions of things all messed up.

You’re just some little scrub, you don’t get to insult legends. Know your role.

I say this more about Bazely's handlers than the kid himself, but you reap what you sow.

They were the engineers behind this sh-t show, and they're the ones who've predictably done a disservice to the kid by taking him down this absurd path. The only thing he's "trail blazed" is a how-to for how NOT to approach things for future recruits. His example should be a cautionary tale moving forward.

I harbor no malice toward the kid; will be interesting to see how things turn out with respect to his draft position, but he sure hasn't done himself any favors.

i didn't read that as snark at boeheim, but snark at bazley for losing the opportunity to learn under a hof coach and now likely being stuck with some no-name hack

Hmm, hope you’re right. Not sure though. If something had come out that Bazley wasn’t crazy about playing for Boeheim I’d probably read it that way.

I say this more about Bazely's handlers than the kid himself, but you reap what you sow.

They were the engineers behind this sh-t show, and they're the ones who've predictably done a disservice to the kid by taking him down this absurd path. The only thing he's "trail blazed" is a how-to for how NOT to approach things for future recruits. His example should be a cautionary tale moving forward.

I harbor no malice toward the kid; will be interesting to see how things turn out with respect to his draft position, but he sure hasn't done himself any favors.
Yeah, I had the kid penciled in as our next great forward, and when he decided to go G-league once I objectively looked at it I could see the plan - make some money kinda ahead of schedule, the G-league is becoming really viable for development, be the first/trailblazer/pioneer, etc. and worked under the assumption that if the kid was going bold there was probably all kinds of stuff set up behind the scenes to make it sure it worked so the move wasn't as risky as it appeared.

Now... looks like that's kinda out the window.

Right!
Next thing we'll hear is another bold innovation...he'll decide to skip the NBA.
NAh...he'll announce that he only plans on playing in the Allstar game and the playoffs assuming he can get a guarantee that whatever team that drafts him will make the playoffs.

i didn't read that as snark at boeheim, but snark at bazley for losing the opportunity to learn under a hof coach and now likely being stuck with some no-name hack

For confirmation, I checked out what he was saying back in March.

He’s one of those “zone defense is for cowards” clowns who thinks Cuse didn’t belong in the tournament, and talks about how easy it is to hate Cuse and Boeheim.
Syracuse is the most improbable story of March Madness
Confirmed: snarky toolbag nobody taking a shot at a legend.