Bazely changes his mind again .. and dumps G League | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Bazely changes his mind again .. and dumps G League

I may have missed the answer posted elsewhere - what did Bazely do that the NCAA will not allow him to play? Is that he may have accepted money from agents? Aren't there cases where he could repay such payments, and be allowed back in the college ranks?

he signed with an agent, the minute he did that, he was ineligible

he signed with an agent, the minute he did that, he was ineligible
New NCAA rule allows players to sign with certain agents approved by the NCAA and then to withdraw and attend college. I'm not sure if his agent is one of the approved, but if he is, then I believe he could still play college ball.

New NCAA rule allows players to sign with certain agents approved by the NCAA and then to withdraw and attend college. I'm not sure if his agent is one of the approved, but if he is, then I believe he could still play college ball.

that rule was adopted after he signed with the agent, so I would assume whomever the agent is, it wouldn't be a retroactive thing

that rule was adopted after he signed with the agent, so I would assume whomever the agent is, it wouldn't be a retroactive thing
Probably true in this case, but new rule allows signing with approved agents. I wonder who those agents are, how the NCAA determines, and if Bazely's agent is one of them.

i didn't read that as snark at boeheim, but snark at bazley for losing the opportunity to learn under a hof coach and now likely being stuck with some no-name hack

That's how I read it as well.

That pep boys prediction from the announcement may not have been far off
I kid I kid

Boeheim would take him back in an instant if the NCAA allowed it.

The vast majority of the "he was a jerk during his visit" stuff is revisionist history/sour grapes from people who feel slighted by his G-league decision. There was nothing overly concerning at the time but now every little aspect of his behavior has been picked apart in retrospect, in light of his decision.
I miss your old avatar with the tubes...

No risk of showing up on the Hill and not being better than Marek or OShae crushing his stock. (Very likely that would have happened.) No risk of being exposed in the G League by former NCAA stars all earning peanuts desperate to make the NBA. (Extremely likely that would have happened.)

I mean I don't agree with the advice. Best case scenario IMO is hes Chris McCullough and gets 3-4 mil to do nothing in the NBA. My take is hes doing irreparable harm to his ability to be a good NBA player and closing the book on it at age 18. He just threw away the chance to be a trend setter and the first and maybe only guy to do this with the HS eligibility rules about to change again. There is always a benefit in being the first to do something.

But if you want to be McCullough and sneak into the first so you can get in an get out of the NBA with a couple mil this might be the call.

This will be the ultimate test of my theory that beyond the no brainer top 10 or so picks it's all about tricking a GM into taking you. Less film for the NBA to pick you apart on. Yi Ginlan got picked after working out vs. a chair