Bazely changes his mind again .. and dumps G League | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bazely changes his mind again .. and dumps G League

Poor kid I feel bad for him he got some terrible advice. Whoever is advising him is worse than Lavar Ball.

We've had some rotten luck with parents recently. Meh we always have bad luck I guess its better than getting punished severely for keeping an ESL student eligible and being hit with a harsher penalty than Ped St. I think thats still the 2nd biggest punishement handed down by the NCAA after the one Craig James got SMU in the 80s.

I don't think we have any room at the inn but I would not care and would like to see him attend another school and do well. (Realize this is an unpopular hot take and most on here would be fuming if someone else and not us got him.)

I mean hes not going to make the NBA as a rookie with no experience past HS even if hes drafted hes headed for the G League. Europe is likely he could go and get a start on it now.

Must be very scared about being exposed and really hoping that recruiting ranking keeps him in the first 30 names called and gets him some guaranteed money.

Not really rooting for this route and decision making to be rewarded with a 1st round selection. I'd like to see him play in college for someone else or us in a year for the 19/20 season. Maybe with the rule changes he can go to the combine and withdraw and retain eligibility.

Poor kid I feel bad for him he got some terrible advice. Whoever is advising him is worse than Lavar Ball.

We've had some rotten luck with parents recently. Meh we always have bad luck I guess its better than getting punished severely for keeping an ESL student eligible and being hit with a harsher penalty than Ped St. I think thats still the 2nd biggest punishement handed down by the NCAA after the one Craig James got SMU in the 80s.

I don't think we have any room at the inn but I would not care and would like to see him attend another school and do well. (Realize this is an unpopular hot take and most on here would be fuming if someone else and not us got him.)

I mean hes not going to make the NBA as a rookie with no experience past HS even if hes drafted hes headed for the G League. Europe is likely he could go and get a start on it now.

Must be very scared about being exposed and really hoping that recruiting ranking keeps him in the first 30 names called and gets him some guaranteed money.

I felt the same way at first but I think we may have dodged one here. We might be better off without him. I don't think he should be allowed to go to another school he signed a loi. Its either syracuse or nothing.

I felt the same way at first but I think we may have dodged one here. We might be better off without him. I don't think he should be allowed to go to another school he signed a loi. Its either syracuse or nothing.

Yeah I read the article. I don't really feel bad for him anymore hes got one of the best agents in the game (not Lavar Ball) advising him.

Mitchell Robinson was a better prospect a year ago. And is a big man hes going to be less effected from missing a year of taking contested jumpers in game situations than Bazley. Robinson is on the floor to play D and rebound and get his offense on putbacks Bazley needs to someone how get ready to score from the wing against NBA defenses without playing in games good luck with that. Robinson was projected to go top 5 in the 2018 draft a year ago and was up there with Ayton and Carter for best bigs. He went 30 spots lower.

Bazley should go around 50 if hes projected 19 right now.

Yeah I read the article. I don't really feel bad for him anymore hes got one of the best agents in the game (not Lavar Ball) advising him.

Mitchell Robinson was a better prospect a year ago. And is a big man hes going to be less effected from missing a year of taking contested jumpers in game situations than Bazley. Robinson is on the floor to play D and rebound and get his offense on putbacks Bazley needs to someone how get ready to score from the wing against NBA defenses without playing in games good luck with that. Robinson was projected to go top 5 in the 2018 draft a year ago and was up there with Ayton and Carter for best bigs. He went 30 spots lower.

Bazley should go around 50 if hes projected 19 right now.
Whoever is advising him is doing a terrible job.

Whoever is advising him is doing a terrible job.

No risk of showing up on the Hill and not being better than Marek or OShae crushing his stock. (Very likely that would have happened.) No risk of being exposed in the G League by former NCAA stars all earning peanuts desperate to make the NBA. (Extremely likely that would have happened.)

I mean I don't agree with the advice. Best case scenario IMO is hes Chris McCullough and gets 3-4 mil to do nothing in the NBA. My take is hes doing irreparable harm to his ability to be a good NBA player and closing the book on it at age 18. He just threw away the chance to be a trend setter and the first and maybe only guy to do this with the HS eligibility rules about to change again. There is always a benefit in being the first to do something.

But if you want to be McCullough and sneak into the first so you can get in an get out of the NBA with a couple mil this might be the call.

Not really rooting for this route and decision making to be rewarded with a 1st round selection. I'd like to see him play in college for someone else or us in a year for the 19/20 season. Maybe with the rule changes he can go to the combine and withdraw and retain eligibility.

He signed with an agent so college ball is out.

For confirmation, I checked out what he was saying back in March.

He’s one of those “zone defense is for cowards” clowns who thinks Cuse didn’t belong in the tournament, and talks about how easy it is to hate Cuse and Boeheim.
Syracuse is the most improbable story of March Madness
Confirmed: snarky toolbag nobody taking a shot at a legend.
Or he's a nobody who figured out that taking shots at Syracuse gets you a lot of publicity. Gottlieb 101.

If you don’t feel sympathy here, you’re heartless. He made a bad choice and will pay for it. We would also take him in 5 seconds if the NCAA would say he’s eligible. Just sayin...
I don't think jim would take him.

He signed with an agent so college ball is out.
I know hes not coming here but didnt they just change the rule on that, couldnt he disassociate himself now?

I don't understand why he doesn't go to Europe? Players too old like the G league? That didn't stop a lot of skinny kids from Europe from being drafted.

I don't understand why he doesn't go to Europe? Players too old like the G league? That didn't stop a lot of skinny kids from Europe from being drafted.

With how often this kid changes his mind, that may be his decision next week.

The sad part of this story now is that people think he’s not very good, which couldn’t be further from the truth