Bazley Decommits | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max G league salary is $26k if you are not on an NBA contract. Absolutely stupid move.

I'm sure he got an advance/signing bonus with an agent, but still peanuts compared to what he could make in the NBA draft. If a player goes this route, are they then in the draft next year or how does that work?

Lets hope for a miracle and he changes his mind. I cant imagine what is going thru the coaches minds right now. Dude was literally talking about Syracuse in great detail about next year and all of a sudden this, sketchy as hell
That's what I don't understand...the way he talked about us..just doesn't add up, especially not for 26k

Well geez and we wonder why our interest level has fallen like a stone. As somone said its now none and done. What...the.........!

If battle and brasset stick around then perhaps things won't be too bad but think the chance of that is slim and none with Slim just bolting town...

At least football is trying to save the sport with all the head issue rule changes, they'd better act soon here or what little interest I have left will be leaving for good. Cripes

Who the hell to we give that scholarship to now. We lost 2 of our PFs. We are gonna suck

What's worse is this is a terribly selfish move... Moyer just decided to transfer. Maybe he would have stayed on if Baze made this move a week ago. So selfish

And, seriously, to each his own, but choosing to ride buses and earn $26,000 to live in Abilene rather than go to college for a year? Let's just say that I don't agree with the values behind that decision.

All I can say is he better be as good as either he's been told or thinks he is. Only a few escape the G league's purgatory.

So after G-League does he go into the draft? How does that work because most G-League teams are attached to an NBA team now right? Or does he get to pick what team and organization he plays for?

So so brutal.

I sort of get it, and think this will probably become more common. But holy hell, this hurts.

There’s no way to make this look good it is just bad all the way around

Not gonna lie, less than $30K/year, crummy hotels, no college/dorm life, terrible crowds, bad travel schedules and modes of transportation, dreary travel locations, and no exposure really make this sound like a horrible move. I hope the guy knows what he's doing.

Virginia also doesn't go through the same offseason turmoil BS year in and year out like we do.
That doesn't change a thing for a player point of view. We get players that can compete in this league. This is a serious blow because I ( and everyone else) was hoping for a dynamo team that could win the N.C.. I don't think we have that now. I think we will be good. Just not great.

Ok so he gets 26k for playing in the G League but you better believe his agent will make sure he is taken care of.

The agent gave him a loan. That's what that is. He needs to recoup and a G League deal isn't going to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom