Bazley Decommits | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, it sounds like an agent got in his ear and made him an offer he couldn't refuse. His qoutes all sound like he's been rehearsing this for awhile. To not even mention the impact on Syracuse tells me he sold his soul.

That doesn't change a thing for a player point of view. We get players that can compete in this league. This is a serious blow because I ( and everyone else) was hoping for a dynamo team that could win the N.C.. I don't think we have that now. I think we will be good. Just not great.

If we are middle of the road again why is JB even sticking around?

Bazley said the following:

“I’m aware that this might start a trend and that’s one of the reasons why I am doing this,” Bazley told Yahoo Sports. “I’m outspoken and I like to speak on things. This is me speaking through my actions, speaking through my character. This is going to happen down the road and become more common. But someone has to start the fire — and I believe I’m going to do that, and it’s very important to me."

Well, congratuf'inglations - great trend, screw the school you signed with. I hope kids don't follow in those footsteps. I'd be a lot more OK with this if he decided it 3 or 4 months ago. Now we're up a creek and need to find a grad transfer, or much lesser recruit. Just disappointed in the way this played out. Frustrating to say the least.
Embarrassingly wrong. Really throwing the dice and risking the ability to have a free education. I pray he doesnt live to regret that and have other players careers weighing on his conscious

Let me try this on for size. Bazley talked about how comfortable he felt at Syracuse. And then he learns from Moyer, everything isn't as rosy as he thinks it is.

Try this on for size. He can only get 26k from the g league but can now legally get as much sneaker money as he can which other stars may be getting illegally.

If he goes into the draft why would any G-League team spend resources on this kid to train and develop him to have him drafted by another team?

Bazley said the following:

“I’m aware that this might start a trend and that’s one of the reasons why I am doing this,” Bazley told Yahoo Sports. “I’m outspoken and I like to speak on things. This is me speaking through my actions, speaking through my character. This is going to happen down the road and become more common. But someone has to start the fire — and I believe I’m going to do that, and it’s very important to me."

Well, congratuf'inglations - great trend, screw the school you signed with. I hope kids don't follow in those footsteps. I'd be a lot more OK with this if he decided it 3 or 4 months ago. Now we're up a creek and need to find a grad transfer, or much lesser recruit. Just disappointed in the way this played out. Frustrating to say the least.
“Speaking through my character.” Really opens himself up with that phrase.

We will lose to UNC twice by 15 again and everyone will say it's ok that we will get in the tournament at like 21-10 and be an 8 seed that has to face a one seed in the second round.
We will lose twice because we don't have Bazley but if we did have Bazley we would beat them? Once? Twice? This hurts but we will still have a team. Now, if OB leaves, different story. But I don't think he will.

So selfish... Moyer just decided to transfer. I'm all for players doing what's best for themselves but when it impacts the futures of others, that's just wrong. Maybe if he made this decision a week ago Moyer would have stayed. So self cebtwred

If you're the NBA why not raise the salaries a bit and then entice all the 1 and done kids?

We will lose twice because we don't have Bazley but if we did have Bazley we would beat them? Once? Twice? This hurts but we will still have a team. Now, if OB leaves, different story. But I don't think he will.

I didn't know it was our goal to be the Washington Generals to the top tier of the conference.

As good as some of the stuff he showed last night. it also showed he has a huge leap to play with Men.

Not gonna lie, less than $30K/year, crummy hotels, no college/dorm life, terrible crowds, bad travel schedules and modes of transportation, dreary travel locations, and no exposure really make this sound like a horrible move. I hope the guy knows what he's doing.

Seriously. Playing in front of 2,000 people tops? NEVER on TV, taking buses all over the country? I bet if you ask most 1 and done players they will say college is pretty fun for a year ;)

"Good" is NOT going to cut it after suffering through the last 4 regular seasons.
lol What is the alternative? Sorry. There is no one to blame for this. And for all of that suffering, there was a final four and a sweet 16. It's not like we were rutgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom