Bazley Decommits | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXPLETIVE!!!!

This plain sucks. If he wanted to make his mark this way, he could have easily done it without committing to Cuse first. I know it’s not a mature response and I know that he’s only a kid, but if he fades into oblivion in the G League, I won’t be the least bit upset.

I’m going with the agent theory and not the Moyer talked down SU or Boeheim’s a bully theories.

I still think record wise, as the roster is presently constituted, that SU will be better next year than this year. That being said, we could’ve been a top 25 lock.

It's selfish to insist kids play for free for a year while coaches make $3m+ a year, the "not for profit" NCAA makes $1b+ a year and when the NCAA president flies in a private jet. The kids also have their character trampled because they want to make money.
Exactly.
The NCAA makes billions off these players from corporate sponsors and TV.

An education is nice for 80% of these players but the top end athletes which drive ratings and interest don’t get fair compensation.

And the legal language will need to change if they can back out at any time.

So what's your legal solution? Work in financial penalties on kids who can't even make money off their own likeness because they don't go to a specific school they signed a letter of intent for?

And the sky isn't totally falling. If Battle AND Brissett leave then I'll get a little worried but from what I'm gathering this wouldn't be too bad:

Backcourt - Howard, Carey, Washington, Boeheim/Hughes
Frontcourt - Brissett, Dolezaj, Sidibe, Chuckwu, Hughes/Boeheim

and who knows, I think we'll get to be excited about a new prospect, we'll find someone but even with the players listed above, we'd have more in the tank than we did this year.

He should say nothing.
When he talks off the cuff we get more crap.
Just keep it private and wish the kid well in the pro game.
Lol. You've always had a great sense of humor!

It's probably unrelated, but I can't shake the image of Boeheim screaming at Frank Howard at the end of the Arizona State game for making the game-clinching free throw. I can't help but wonder if players have had enough of his act. Certainly Moyer had. Also, I'm sure that agents are telling players that spending a year playing zone defense is not going to help their NBA credentials.

I'll debunk this one...we constantly have kids go in the first round and if you're good the light is emerald Irish green.

How are we writing off next season already. Let’s wait until Oshae makes a decision before we freak out. I think we will be pretty good next season. I expect a top 25 season. Frank and Brissett are very capable of all ACC type seasons. Hughes and Carey’s versatility will help solve depth issues.
PG Frank Carey Washington
2G Hughes Carey Buddy
3 Brissett Hughes
4 Marek Brissett
5 PC Sidibe

Wouldn’t mind adding a grad transfer big man from a smaller school who would be happy with 7 to 8 minutes a game.

Hughes isn't a 3. He's 6'5".

Feels like when Winfred Walton didn’t qualify.
Feels like it's March 11, 2018 at 6:15 PM and we find out that SU didn't make the cut.

Actually, that's a horrible example because we would've seen that coming and braced ourselves.

Exactly.
The NCAA makes billions off these players from corporate sponsors and TV.

An education is nice for 80% of these players but the top end athletes which drive ratings and interest don’t get fair compensation.

The NCAA, schools and coaches have made billions off the backs of free labor for a century. As a Syracuse fan, it's a punch to the gut. But as someone who kind of hates the whole idea of the NCAA and thinks the "amateur" system is borderline evil given the money involved, I kind of love it. I hope he's just the first domino to fall.

Let me try this on for size. Bazley talked about how comfortable he felt at Syracuse. And then he learns from Moyer, everything isn't as rosy as he thinks it is.

Understand your position. Personally having a hard time believing Moyers discontent prompts such a drastic move.

Well last year it was Hop and this year it's this. Not sure which I am more stunned at. Time to look at the grad transfer list I guess.

The bright side is that the most gut wrenching news always brings out the hottest takes.

Ill be expecting that press release that states we're deemphacizing football and returning to the BE any day now.

Agreed but this kind of stuff just sucks all the fun out of college sports. I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet and become a pro fan. That game is also all about the money but at least it's honest about it.

I just said JB needs a filter.

I didn’t say that one incident is why Bazley isn’t coming.

You think JB’s mouth helps us with recruiting?
It certainly doesn't help us that the perception is "JB is anti 1 and done and bad mouths his players when they leave early."

I have heard this going back to the Ennis decision...which is when it really rubbed some agents the wrong way.

They're trying to get the best deal for a kid and a HOF coach is telling people he's not ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom