BC/Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BC/Duke

Damn that was too fast...nice drive and move by Duval.

The opponent is shooting well? 100% of the blame has to go to Coach K’s choice of what defense to play. Board rules.
I reallyyyyy don't want to get into this but Dukes record is a tad bit better than ours lately.

If your perimeter D is suspect no matter what D you play you will lose. Duke especially Duval was really bad on D and BC was running great sets all night. Still, way too many open 3s for BC.

So are their players.
That's fine - but people here wouldn't blame the zone for these types of games if they didn't happen as regularly as they have been (combined with the tourney losses of teams slowing it down to a snails pace with no ball pressure)

It is what it is. I love the zone when we have a team like we do this year. ...but when we don't, it's fair game.

I don't care about those teams anymore.

BC is still in our league and unlike Duke is in the northeast.

True, but BC has historically been a bottom feeder in our league more than a contender though, in both the BE and ACC. I mean...we hated GTown, UConn, Nova, and St. John’s(for awhile) more than them when they were in the Big East because those first 4 teams were our competition for league titles and recruits.

BC has never really been a threat to us on the recruiting trails in hoops.

That's fine - but people here wouldn't blame the zone for these types of games if they didn't happen as regularly as they have been (combined with the tourney losses of teams slowing it down to a snails pace with no ball pressure)

It is what it is. I love the zone when we have a team like we do this year. ...but when we don't, it's fair game.

Statistically we’ve usually been good on defense though...

I take issue with the mentality that it’s easier to defend the 3 in man to man. That might be true in junior high ball where “2-3 zone” means your guards stand at the elbows with their hands up and all 5 players basically pack the paint, but at this level and the way we play zone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom