BC/Duke | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

BC/Duke

Duke is like us in that they have a young team. They will only get better as the year goes on. It really scares me to think that Bagley will get better.

Puke plays terrible defense. They also have only Trent as a good peremiter shooter. Grayson Allen is good when he is on but is very streaky. Duval is not a good shooter. I think Duke is going to lose a few times this way.

Duke is currently in last place in the ACC.

Even with the loss, Duke is till No. 1 in RPI ranking. It is so strange to see a team in the last place of conference ranking being No. 1 in RPI. CBS conference standing lists RPI.

They will torch the zone
Yeah. They got beat by 11 to texas tech. They got beat by 20 to providence who lost to UMass yesterday. They lost by 9 to nebraska. And they rallied to beat Colgate by 4 after being down by 17 in the second half. We will beat them twice. They had a great win yesterday. Let't not get crazy

Yeah. They got beat by 11 to texas tech. They got beat by 20 to providence who lost to UMass yesterday. They lost by 9 to nebraska. And they rallied to beat Colgate by 4 after being down by 17 in the second half. We will beat them twice. They had a great win yesterday. Let't not get crazy
Not go crazy? That’s what we do here.

I believe Maryland is the only team to shoot over 40% against us and no one has shot over 50%. I know your more joking though. Just saying.
upload_2017-12-10_17-11-22.png

We are a much worse offensive team than Duke, but we are also a much better defensive team. Duke basically tries to just outscore opponents.

Proves what we all knew - with this team in particular - there are no gimmes and every game in the ACC will be a dog fight. We have no guaranteed wins.

Pitt and Georgia Tech should be looked at as wins. Pitt is Pitt and Georgia Tech's reputation this season comes off of overachieving last season.

Proves what we all knew - with this team in particular - there are no gimmes and every game in the ACC will be a dog fight. We have no guaranteed wins.
I don't get the "with this team in particular" part. This team has won all the games where they have been favored. Winning with defense and driving seems like a more consistent method than teams jump shooting squads (like last years team for instance).

And while there are no guaranteed wins, I do anticipate some games that won't be dog fights (ie Pitt).

if you shoot 15-26 from 3 you will win most of the time. just shooting 12-26 which would still be a great night wouldnt have won the game. Didnt BC have a game like that last year against us?

Wow, from a 3pt defensive standpoint, there are some ugly games in there. Get ready for the "29/chuck" attack the rest of the year from all but a very few teams that can match us on the interior.

Last edited:
if you shoot 15-26 from 3 you will win most of the time. just shooting 12-26 which would still be a great night wouldnt have won the game. Didnt BC have a game like that last year against us?
Every time they play us. ;)

Does anyone remember how far we fell in the polls when we were 25-0 and lost to BC. Duke feel from 1 to 4.

Does anyone remember how far we fell in the polls when we were 25-0 and lost to BC. Duke feel from 1 to 4.

2013-14 Syracuse Orange Schedule and Results | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

You can see an AP Poll Summary above our results table. Syracuse fell from #1 to #4, but they loss two games that week. (one to BC, and the Duke screwjob where JB lost it)

Given we had barely won the two games before that, I think a #4 ranking seemed about right in retrospect. But I imagine at that point the board did not care about our ranking, and we were still seething about the refs a few nights before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom