BC fires Addazio / hires Jeff Hafley | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

BC fires Addazio / hires Jeff Hafley

back in the day of 20 vs 40 bowls

had we beaten Pitt last yr the ND game was probably to get us into the top 5-7 and we could have gotten pretty high up in the end by winning out too.

not trying to be controversial but imho i do not.

But you would if he hired Adazzio? I know BC destroyed us this year but we definitely played a more physical brand of football when we beat them there last year. Sure we had Dungey but we still pummeled them.

I think Dino gets where we need improvement and will learn from this years debacle

I'm supposed to feel bad for this joker and hate Addazzio because Addazzio had the audacity to counter attack after this dude decided to drag Addazzio's name through the mud ...because he had certain feelings about the head coach ...that actually proved to be false?

No one had any character or integrity in this story ...not one

BC is stupid. As other Boston locals point out, no one gives a hoot about BC, locally. Addazio understood that. As a line coach, he knew he could win enough, if he developed his line 1-3. Sent 7? To the NFL last year because of his fundamental focus(we'd kill for that oline developement). He grabbed some higher rated linemen this year because of it.

I know a few players at BC, and their parents. Last year, internally, they were pissed that they kept throwing out a 70% AJ Dillon, when the backup was better.

Adazzio knew what he was doing. It bagged him 2 big A$$ tackles this year. He threw out a hurt Dillon to help recruiting. Internally, they griped. Heard it straight from BC parents, that I see at the gym. Adazzio was building, (I agree) but there is a belief that 4 and 5 stars would gladly commit to BC. I disagree. Adazzio was playing to the NFL. NFL despises the spread, and our system. Spreas uses the spread to not develop linemen. It's a good play. Dazzler was playing long. BC admin is clueless...

He's kind of a "do you know who I am guy." I've met and spoken with him. He comes off like a d#ick, but frankly, he has developement.

We aren't getting him for an oline coach, so scrap that. He's earned a HC job. If we could grab a guy like him? We could go long, but there is an oline debate, and frankly, I lean towards the dazzler. He'd have a beef with parts of our scheme, and lack of developement.

He doesnt like us. There is a clock in their locker room counting the days and seconds until they play us.

When my BC friends feel comfy, I'll gladly pass along, but I'll need permission first.
Unless something changed extremely recently, Addazio actually really likes Syracuse. His kid committed here before he got the HC position at BC. The countdown clock wasn’t installed out of hate. It’s just a significant game to him that he wanted to build up, and it makes sense from a rivalry perspective. There were a couple of post standard articles about it the clock and Addazio’s affinity for SU.

But that very minor detail aside, your post is right. Addazio isn’t going to be a position coach here, even if him being our OL coach would cause me to do backflips out of joy.

I'm supposed to feel bad for this joker and hate Addazzio because Addazzio had the audacity to counter attack after this dude decided to drag Addazzio's name through the mud ...because he had certain feelings about the head coach ...that actually proved to be false?

No one had any character or integrity in this story ...not one

yeah, no

he commented on his former coach and his former coach tried to get him cut from an NFL squad. Not exactly equal

yeah, no

he commented on his former coach and his former coach tried to get him cut from an NFL squad. Not exactly equal
I'm just gonna disagree here. The kid wasn't cut ...and he still wanted free tickets after all the garbage he said about the coach on a public forum! Laff my butt off!

I'm just gonna disagree here. The kid wasn't cut ...and he still wanted free tickets after all the garbage he said about the coach on a public forum! Laff my butt off!

The players future on an NFL team vs saying something negative (wasn’t even that bad) in public def shines a hotter light on Addazzio than the player. Obv it’s from his perspective, but c’mon.

I'm sure every coach would love it, but there hasn't been a positive correlation in our recent bowl history.

1999 - 15 extra practices, no bowl in 2000.
2000 - No 15 extra practices, bowl in 2001.
2001 - 15 extra practices, no bowl in 2002.

2010 - 15 extra practices, no bowl in 2011.
2011 - No 15 extra practices, bowl in 2012.

2017 - No 15 extra practices, bowl in 2018.
2018 - 15 extra practices, no bowl in 2019.
2019 - No 15 extra practices, so...

Obviously, 2020 will be awesome.

Recruiting is such a crapshoot. I think it has more to do with what you sell and how you sell it. Some kids want facilities, some kids want playing time, some kids want TV, some kids probably want TVs.
You forgot about bowl in 2004 and no bowl in 2005. Also, bowl in 2013 and no bowl in 2014.

I mean, I had some pretty crappy professors but I still expect free swag from my University.

Those early 1990s Syracuse teams were stacked.
They weren’t like the 2007 BC team. Which rode Matt Ryan and BJ Raji on defense.
Obviously you are a New England/Boston Guy as well I was in law school in 2007 with a BC Buddy watched the BC-VPI game(BC stole the game on a last second throw by Ryan) in a driving monsoon while game 2 of the World Series between the Sox and Rockies at the same time.
BC was 7-0, Patriots were 6-0 and Sox were in the World Series.

We all knew BC wasn’t as good as their ranking. They lost to a mediocre to bad Florida State team at night the following week and ended up in the Citrus Bowl.
The 1998 Syracuse team with McNabb had WTH losses but it was better than that BC team.

the 1998 Syracuse team may have been the most talented team in the country. They should have been top 5 but they scheduled a gauntlet of a schedule and lost a What game.

u can argue that the 93 BC team was equally as talented. Had to face Miami in game 1 of season. That team was January 1 bowl worthy. The 07 team of BC was actually similar to Syracuse last year. It was a magical season that broke right.

yep I’m Southie stock, product of Stoughton Day School (high school). I bleed Hockomock

I wonder if the BC board even has this much discussion about Adazzio being canned? Based on their usual crowds at games, I doubt it

The 2019 data hasn't been release by the NCAA yet, but 2018 BC had higher average attendance than 2018 10 win Syracuse

The 2019 data hasn't been release by the NCAA yet, but 2018 BC had higher average attendance than 2018 10 win Syracuse

1575590179239.jpeg

Yeah that would be a hard no on the attendance average being higher.

Average from 2015,16 and 17 Syracuse ranked 64th and BC was 67.

BC average 2018 attendance was 37,623
Syracuse average attendance was 37,023

Syracuse average attendance was 42,164 for 2019.

Edit: Damn, those attendance figures make the other poster right thought they said 2019.

Last edited:
I love Christmas movies and Will Ferrell is okay but I just can’t get into Elf

Now that UCONN has emolliated their football program and BC decided to derail a solid program with yearly bowl appearances, that only leaves 1 program in New England to fill the void and to rise to the top: the UMASS Minutemen. Write that down.

Now that UCONN has emolliated their football program and BC decided to derail a solid program with yearly bowl appearances, that only leaves 1 program in New England to fill the void and to rise to the top: the UMASS Minutemen. Write that down.
They're about to move to the B1G once Rutgirls gets the boot.

1575597992384.gif

Yeah that would be a hard no on the attendance average being higher.

Average from 2015,16 and 17 Syracuse ranked 64th and BC was 67.

BC average 2018 attendance was 37,623
Syracuse average attendance was 37,0
Syracuse average attendance was 42,164 for 2019.

Edit: Damn, those attendance figures make the other poster right thought they said 2019.
bout the same as archbold at its height in the 60's. it didn't have a/c either. ;)