BC Game Thread... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

BC Game Thread...

25 years of 74% overall winning pct and a ring is all the evidence I need.

Ok that's not really an argument. Non stall could be 80% and 5 rings. Or it could be 60% and nothing. We don't know.

How many times have you seen it not work? I can think of once and I have been a follower of Jb from day 1.

Lol I couldn't tell you but I'd bet it's more than 1.

I do think the stall is a good idea but there are times when we go to it too early. Today was not one of those days.

I do think the stall is a good idea but there are times when we go to it too early. Today was not one of those days.
I'm all ears. please tell me the game? There was pitt a few years ago. What other game?

Um, winning is probably our greatest strength. The stall has been a part of it for about 25 years.

Not sure how you separate the two.

I'm not questioning the strategy of using the clock. Dean Smith was so good at it they changed the rules on him (fortunately!). Rather I was lamenting our current lack of skill and/or efficiency in applying it.

skurey said:
Ok that's not really an argument. Non stall could be 80% and 5 rings. Or it could be 60% and nothing. We don't know.

Name a year in which we lost a ring by playing stall ball? Butler is the only game that can be brought up and we lost that ring when Arinze went down. And an 80% win pct means that we lost about 50 games over the past 25 years because if stall ball.

Your argument is silly. You're just pissed because the strategy makes you crazy.

It makes us all crazy sometimes, but it works. As I said, our greatest strength is winning.

There was a streak of losses that I recall seeing when the Orange had lead and "the stall" was subtly started and the other team took advantage of the Orange not scoring because of their super conservative play on the court and the opposition came back and beat us with their offense and with five minutes or so left we couldn't put the game away and we lost.BTW. Today's game was smooth with us matching any B spurts. Lydon sealed the deal with his two 3s late in the game. Howard played well using his left hand effectively on the dribble. he seems like the kind of kid who will work hard on his medium range shot and drives to the basket. the same with Roberson.

How many times have you seen it not work? I can think of once and I have been a follower of Jb from day 1.

NCAA Sweet 16 vs Butler. Wrong place wrong time

Name a year in which we lost a ring by playing stall ball? Butler is the only game that can be brought up and we lost that ring when Arinze went down. And an 80% win pct means that we lost about 50 games over the past 25 years because if stall ball.

Your argument is silly. You're just pissed because the strategy makes you crazy.

It makes us all crazy sometimes, but it works. As I said, our greatest strength is winning.

Your argument is crazy. There is no proof stall is more effective than non stall.

Your argument is crazy. There is no proof stall is more effective than non stall.
Plenty of anecdotal evidence, though. How many games salted away? Vs. how many games lost?

There was a streak of losses that I recall seeing when the Orange had lead and "the stall" was subtly started and the other team took advantage of the Orange not scoring because of their super conservative play on the court and the opposition came back and beat us with their offense and with five minutes or so left we couldn't put the game away and we lost.BTW. Today's game was smooth with us matching any B spurts. Lydon sealed the deal with his two 3s late in the game. Howard played well using his left hand effectively on the dribble. he seems like the kind of kid who will work hard on his medium range shot and drives to the basket. the same with Roberson.
If it's not too much trouble, perhaps you should cite this "streak of losses" you attribute to JB's use of stall ball. I have a feeling I will grow old waiting.

Went to the game yesterday and have been to about 4-5 of these BC games at Conte. There was ZERO student section and the most Syracuse fans I've seen there. I was sad more than impressed. BC is a regional rival and this game was a "we give up" vibe. We fed off the crowd and this one should be considered a home game.

BC should make a run at Gerry McNamera. Bring in someone w a semblance of a heartbeat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom