BC Game Thread... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

BC Game Thread...

Malachi might be our best all around player.

TC was quiet but had a few big plays in the last 8 minutes, he got to the line, made 2 3's, had some steals.

This team has 5 legitimately good players (not all teams have that). I feel like last year in a game like this where we were up 10 and BC came back to take the lead, they would have folded. This team has shown poise in big moments.

Can't believe this team was 0-4.

Do we sneak into the top 25 tomorrow?
I hadn't refreshed this page for a while and was on the page of "we deserve NIT if we lose this." And then I refresh it and I see this hahaha. Life as a fan at its finest. Don't think top 25, we didn't receive a single vote this week unfortunately

What's that, 8-5 in the ACC, now? It's not inconceivable we could get to 11. Because we damn sure could have beaten UNC the first time.

jdubs30 said:
Probably not yet. Win @Ville on Wednesday and we'll be there.

But we'd also need to beat Pitt.

Huge week coming up! @ 'Ville home vs Pitt. I'll be interested to see how the Cardinals come out this week. After the loss to ND pride is basically all they have at this point. Pitt will be a battle. I plan to be there next Saturday. This week could really propel the 'Cuse towards the top half of the bracket.

Yeah it never works.

The exceptions to the rule are teams with a high % of knuckleheads handling the ball (Harris, Greene, Devo) or being up by 4 with 3 minutes to go vs. Butler after scratching and clawing back with Butler on the ropes

Huge week coming up! @ 'Ville home vs Pitt. I'll be interested to see how the Cardinals come out this week. After the loss to ND pride is basically all they have at this point. Pitt will be a battle. I plan to be there next Saturday. This week could really propel the 'Cuse towards the top half of the bracket.

Agreed, Pitt will be a rock fight, but I also expect Louisville to to be a battle also.

Did you miss the end of the FSU game. That was indeed hard to watch. Yes, a win is a win, but that's certainly not one of our strengths.

20 point lead with 5 minutes to go, they got a little loosey goosey, but FSU had no chance to get back in it.

20 point lead with 5 minutes to go, they got a little loosey goosey, but FSU had no chance to get back in it.

I suspect one reas0n we finish the last 3 minutes of each half the way we do is because they're tired. But that story's been covered here often enough. :rolleyes:

Cowtown said:
Did you miss the end of the FSU game. That was indeed hard to watch. Yes, a win is a win, but that's certainly not one of our strengths.

Um, winning is probably our greatest strength. The stall has been a part of it for about 25 years.

Not sure how you separate the two.

Um, winning is probably our greatest strength. The stall has been a part of it for about 25 years.

Not sure how you separate the two.

Well we only have evidence of how well the stall works with nothing about a non-stall strategy

It is a necessary evil. But even with that realization I still hate the accompanying shot clock violations.

My main problem with the stall is they seem to wait too long to start actually running any offense or moving the ball around to try and get some form of a decent shot.
If the other team comes out on us like Fla St did, there has to be some good lanes to the hoop opening up at some point but we don't seem to leave ourselves enough time to start going after them.

My main problem with the stall is they seem to wait too long to start actually running any offense or moving the ball around to try and get some form of a decent shot.
If the other team comes out on us like Fla St did, there has to be some good lanes to the hoop opening up at some point but we don't seem to leave ourselves enough time to start going after them.

With the shorter shot clock, it's kind of difficult to tell the difference between our normal offense and the stall.

Agree! Should start running the play at 12 seconds or so. When they had the late clock expiration Malachi waited until 7 secs. which is just too late. By the way, Malachi had another fantastic game hitting 3's just when we really needed them!

skurey said:
Well we only have evidence of how well the stall works with nothing about a non-stall strategy
25 years of 74% overall winning pct and a ring is all the evidence I need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom