BC game, what does it mean? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BC game, what does it mean?

I think that's fair to say with Duke and Virginia on the road following those. Virginia is beatable this year but we'd have to hitting on most cylinders.

I don't see us beating Uva and Duke, if we could get the next two, perhaps we could pull an upset.

Need to get a W and see if it's possible to build off of it. Wake Forest also appears to be winnable but given the last few weeks inability to close who knows. Duke is a loss and then there's UVA in Charlottesville.

A loss tonight and the season comes to a screeching halt. A win here and WF becomes just that much more important. There's still hope but the team needs to rack up a few W's. The Clemson loss could haunt this team for the rest of the year.

I don't see us beating Uva and Duke, if we could get the next two, perhaps we could pull an upset.

Yes I'm not exactly running to Vegas to bet on either the Duke or Virginia game - but if we get the next two, I can see a chance against Virginia if things fall into place. Duke maybe not so much.

Yes I'm not exactly running to Vegas to bet on either the Duke or Virginia game - but if we get the next two, I can see a chance against Virginia if things fall into place. Duke maybe not so much.

Virginia is a little iffy this year. Parrentes, Brogdon and Gill are all solid to very good players but they haven't really improved much over their careers imo. I think that's a winnable game for the 'Cuse. I was at the game last March and while Virginia's ability to pull away the final 10 minutes was impressive that game was for the taking.

Odds are stacked against the Orange but there's at least a chance. I have no faith in their ability to go into Cameron and beat Duke.

Virginia is a little iffy this year. Parrentes, Brogdon and Gill are all solid to very good players but they haven't really improved much over their careers imo. I think that's a winnable game for the 'Cuse. I was at the game last March and while Virginia's ability to pull away the final 10 minutes was impressive that game was for the taking.

Odds are stacked against the Orange but there's at least a chance. I have no faith in their ability to go into Cameron and beat Duke.

They are a little iffy, but the word I would use to describe us is a lot harsher than iffy. I wouldn't exactly call it a winnable game, we would have to play our best game of the season, and have some help.

While I hope we win I'm not particularly optimistic, given how erratic the players have been lately. True, the team has not been blown out in recent games but they have also let leads or very close scores slip away. Gbinije is the prime underachiever but the others are not consistently good either. I hope Boeheim returning makes a positive difference but there's only so much he can do. Ultimately it's up to the players.

Frankly I'm not envisioning post season play. The his is something pretty much every school goes through though, a fallow period. As long as all our non graduating players return next year should be better.

Haha so true. We're watching teenagers play a game.
I can't believe BK and I are going to owe you $100 in March. Very upset by this. It ain't over yet though!

what-does-that-mean-o.gif
200_s.gif

Definition of a must-win, period; I really don't care how we get it or by how much.

I won't take much away from any result. Would take a lot more than a big win for me to believe we're suddenly clicking.

Guh I'm so sad.

The biggest positive is we didn't lose. The fact that there is not a bigger positive is not a bad thing. It is what it is.

Every team has many of these ganes every year -- if you are looking for grand meaning to these games, or have them give you much stronger reason to believe we will go 9-5 you won't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom