BC may have blocked UConn to the ACC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

BC may have blocked UConn to the ACC

If the other 11 ACC members want UConn in, then UConn gets in.

There are so many rumors around aobut individual schools blocking things- Va Tech doesn't want to be in a Northern Divison, the Virginia Sschools don't want West Virignia because something that happened in the Civil War, etc. The votes that determine these things don't have to be unanimous. Individual schools don't have veto power. Virginia was in the position they were in in 2003 because the North Carolina schools were against any changes as a block and they were the deciding vote. But the NC schools are isolated now so they can't prevent anything.

I think SU and Pitt were a no-brainer since if a league is considering a northeastern "strategy", the states a conference has to have represented are New York, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts.

The pertinent question for Rutgers and UConn is, IF there is only room for one of them, what is the next best state for the ACC to have? New Jersey - which reinforces NY and PA? Or Connecticut - which helps reinforce MA and NY?

Population wise it's NJ hands down. Income wise, it's CT. Does having the states of Maryland and Virginia help UConn at all, since the ACC would still have 4 of the 6 mid-Atlantic states?

If it comes down to just one of them, my heart says it should be UConn, but my head thinks it just might be Rutgers.

Cheers,
Neil
thats why its rutgers, its the smart move. storz is in a bad spot, both the acc and b1g wont take them.

and an Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto a blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth.