BC Postgame Thoughts | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

BC Postgame Thoughts

For the game against BC, yes. The team played better when Judah wasn't in. Just this one game. He didn't play well. Is that hard to understand? Not a hater, just telling you my perspective from the last game. If you disagree, cool. 1-7 from the field and the eye test says otherwise though.
I never questioned a player's character or work ethic.I dont know any player or coach personally. But I can comment on their performances. Especially now because they can legally get paid.

Have a wonderful day and I hope all our players have success
He went 1-7 yes but didn’t let it affect the rest of his game. Guys can have off shooting games. It happens. I once saw Steph go 1-12. Judah played hard, had 3 steals, went 1-8 from the line, played good defense and had 3 assists, one a very timely one to Chris late in the game. His free throws down the stretch were crucial too. If you watched closely you should have seen that he should have gone to the line at least 12 times but didn’t get the call. Opposing coaches are now bitching about how many calls he gets and are letting that affect their officiating. He put 3 fouls in Quintin Post and the last one sent him to the bench. Perhaps you need to watch arch the game after you learn the game!

He's too small to defend an NBA SG. They typically run 6-5 to 6-7 these days, and are much stronger than Mintz.
How do you know how strong Judah is? Are in the weight room with him. He’s stronger than he looks. He’s just not buffed. Talk to his personal trainer, and the strength coach in the program.

Judah has great vision. Have you considered it might be the offense they run. That’s not his fault. When he does have the ball other guys don’t have to stand and watch, they can move and he certainly will find them. You may not see him suited for a point guard but obviously there some nba people that do. Today’s point guards also get buckets. Yes you are old school!
he does make spectacular passes and generally has great vision (at times) he's capable as a passer...but yeah its hard to tell as fans why the players are doing what they are doing

i dont like that the players stand around on offense, stagnant. or they do the weave that doesnt really lead to much, either...

i think the offensive scheme needs to be better...but wouldnt a really good point guard make the offense move more fluidly even with the current;y underdeveloped scheme? it seems quadir in recent games has been able to unlock maliq as a scoring option while judah hasnt done that much, for example.

who are the players that judah makes better?

isnt that the role of a PG?

not trying to put it all on judah but the team needs a point guard and he has the ball in his hands most of anyone on the team so... its just a logical criticism of what the team is doing to look at how the point guard play is effecting everything the team does on offense.

the overall offense is the area where this team needs to improve to get better and make some noise in March, imo

Judah has great vision. Have you considered it might be the offense they run. That’s not his fault. When he does have the ball other guys don’t have to stand and watch, they can move and he certainly will find them. You may not see him suited for a point guard but obviously there some nba people that do. Today’s point guards also get buckets. Yes you are old school!
Everyone knows Judah is the face of the program right now. Sometimes that brings both praise and criticism, which can be a little over the type. I personally don't like to see the criticism of Judah, or the other players, or the coaches when it is mean spirited, unwarranted or both. Guess that makes me naive...

To me the BC win was a big one. BC is a solid upper half of the ACC team with a well constructed roster. Hope they can carry the momentum forward to UNC and give a effort and maybe get a W.

Is anything ever Judah’s fault? We all watched the first 9 minutes of the BC game. Our movement, passing, and shot selection was the best we’ve seen all year.

He went 1-7 yes but didn’t let it affect the rest of his game. Guys can have off shooting games. It happens. I once saw Steph go 1-12. Judah played hard, had 3 steals, went 1-8 from the line, played good defense and had 3 assists, one a very timely one to Chris late in the game. His free throws down the stretch were crucial too. If you watched closely you should have seen that he should have gone to the line at least 12 times but didn’t get the call. Opposing coaches are now bitching about how many calls he gets and are letting that affect their officiating. He put 3 fouls in Quintin Post and the last one sent him to the bench. Perhaps you need to watch arch the game after you learn the game!
You keep saying Judah plays good defense. Defense is more than getting steals. If you gamble for a steal and make it 5-on-4 because you’re out of position, you’re not playing good defense. If you don’t hustle down the floor, you’re not playing good defense. If you’re more concerned with arguing with the refs than covering your man, you’re not playing good defense.

They could put Joe & Jesse on this team and we’d still be on a glide path for a .500 +/- season. I like the new aggressive M2M defense, but there’s still a talent gap and it’s mostly a lot of the same type of player: guards who can’t shoot and forwards who can’t play defense or shoot. We couldn’t rebound out of a zone and we can’t rebound in M2M. The offensive approach is still atrocious: inefficient iso drives and long to mid-range jumpers by guys who can’t knock them down. Bell reminds of Mookie. Capable 3-pt shooter at times but nothing else.

Roster is redundant and the staff either can’t judge talent or they can’t coach them up enough to get them to work together or both.

A lot needs to happen.

They could put Joe & Jesse on this team and we’d still be on a glide path for a .500 +/- season. I like the new aggressive M2M defense, but there’s still a talent gap and it’s mostly a lot of the same type of player: guards who can’t shoot and forwards who can’t play defense or shoot. We couldn’t rebound out of a zone and we can’t rebound in M2M. The offensive approach is still atrocious: inefficient iso drives and long to mid-range jumpers by guys who can’t knock them down. Bell reminds of Mookie. Capable 3-pt shooter at times but nothing else.

Roster is redundant and the staff either can’t judge talent or they can’t coach them up enough to get them to work together or both.

A lot needs to happen.
The blow outs wouldn’t be blow outs with Joe and Jesse. The two biggest areas where Syracuse struggles are solved by those players

How do you know how strong Judah is? Are in the weight room with him. He’s stronger than he looks. He’s just not buffed. Talk to his personal trainer, and the strength coach in the program.

Can he guard Devin Booker? He's 6-7. So is Jason Tatum, or maybe 6-6. Judah barely plays defense as it is. The best 2 Guards in the NBA will be a lot more challenging than him guarding other PGs. Do you think he's a two guard in the league, CL? Or is his best chance as a PG?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom