BCS Final - Uniforms | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BCS Final - Uniforms

everyone says that the kids love stupid uniforms so i always wonder why the best teams always have the same old uniforms I recognize

oregon is the exception, everyone else that goofs around looks minor league.

i hope SU retires the helmets that look like they're airbrushed by some sketchy guy at a mall kiosk

Because those same schools are the ones that are always in the top 10 in recruiting. We are on the outside looking in.

everyone says that the kids love stupid uniforms so i always wonder why the best teams always have the same old uniforms I recognize

oregon is the exception, everyone else that goofs around looks minor league.

i hope SU retires the helmets that look like they're airbrushed by some sketchy guy at a mall kiosk
its all about the kids who play today. Not about us. Of course I would like players to wear the SU 90's uniform. But thats what I want as a fan. Thats when I remember them being very good. The SU football fans who are 60 years or older will probably like them to wear the 1959 uniforms. We have to stop being selfish and think about the kids of today. The uniform versions these teams wear are not stupid or goofy to them.

i know, that's my point!

Mine as well Millhouse. Perhaps a chicken and egg theory but my money is on them being good and having a lot of fans show up at games.

Did you see the list of teams that have won the NC in basketball the last 10 years.

Duke, Kansas, UNC, SU, Uconn, UK, Louisville.

Not much diversity there, traditional power programs. The winner will come out of same pool of 10 teams (add in MSU, OSU, Zona), from now into the forseeable future.

Same with football.

Yea but teams like butler and Wichita State got within a sniff of the title whoch would never happen to a similar program in football. Never. A team like Wichita or Butler will win a hoops title before a team like that wins a football title

we are the ORANGE and we dont wear ORANGE.

that is a problem.

you want alternate?? knock yourself out.

do it all white, all blue, all orange, all black, all freakin pink if you want, who the F cares.

but thats not what Syracuse did.

when you wear the alternates all year, they are not alternates.

its the uniform.

weve officially ignored the school nickname and official color.

so what are we? a crypt school? all blue?

i thought we were the USC of the east, but they get the bloods so i guess not.

guess we are UCLA, who gets the crypts.

Fn ridiculous.

that is a problem.

do it all white, all blue, all orange, all black, all freakin pink if you want, who the F cares.

its the uniform.

Fn ridiculous.

^^^This. So tired of the blue and white look.

that is a problem.

its the uniform.

Fn ridiculous.
I agree. Way too much blue. The bigger question is why doesnt the athletic administration tell them to alter the alternative uniforms? so they have more orange. But the bottom line is that they dont Fn care what you or I think. The bottom line is that they play hard and represent the community while they are on the field. We should care about them winning more than what uniform they are wearing. I still dont like the uniforms the BB team wears but who the F am I. They are a perennial top 10 team.

I agree. Way too much blue. The bigger question is why doesnt the athletic administration tell them to alter the alternative uniforms? so they have more orange. But the bottom line is that they dont Fn care what you or I think. The bottom line is that they play hard and represent the community while they are on the field. We should care about them winning more than what uniform they are wearing. I still dont like the uniforms the BB team wears but who the F am I. They are a perennial top 10 team.
we dont have to argue amongst ourselves with macro things like whether or not we want Syracuse to win, the kids to go to the NFL, to get a degree, to have fun blah blah blah...that should be assumed.

and if its not, then people should leave here.

the level of fandom present on this board allows us the opportunity to argue about the micro things like whether or not we are disrespecting the school nickname and color by not wearing the color ORANGE.

John Wooden on the 1st day of practice would teach his players how to put on their socks.

we are attempting to teach them how to represent & honor the school during sporting events by proudly wearing our color.

all of which are televised.

and if people here dont understand that...then they should leave.

KaiserUEO said:
we dont have to argue amongst ourselves with macro things like whether or not we want Syracuse to win, the kids to go to the NFL, to get a degree, to have fun blah blah blah...that should be assumed. and if its not, then people should leave here. the level of fandom present on this board allows us the opportunity to argue about the micro things like whether or not we are disrespecting the school nickname and color by not wearing the color ORANGE. John Wooden on the 1st day of practice would teach his players how to put on their socks. we are attempting to teach them how to represent & honor the school during sporting events by proudly wearing our color. all of which are televised. and if people here dont understand that...then they should leave.

Look, more orange is fine. We are all in agreement on that. But don't make it something it's not.

If you watched the game vs Minny you saw a classy senior class, and a terrific leader in T.Hunt represent their school very proudly. Uniforms are incidental in light of the players who wear them. I want the kid in the uni to be more important than some old guys opinions on the % of orange on the uni.

By talking more about the % of orange than the kid you are marginalizing who they are and how well they have been proudly representing their university, already.

Look, more orange is fine. We are all in agreement on that. But don't make it something it's not.

If you watched the game vs Minny you saw a classy senior class, and a terrific leader in T.Hunt represent their school very proudly. Uniforms are incidental in light of the players who wear them. I want the kid in the uni to be more important than some old guys opinions on the % of orange on the uni.

By talking more about the % of orange than the kid you are marginalizing who they are and how well they have been proudly representing their university, already.
jeezus crypes, gimme a break with this uniform incidental and marginalizing the kids bullspit.

once again, you fail to see that the big picture is already a given.

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

Sock hops were great! So were raccoon skin coats and porkpie hats. Twenty-three skiddoo!

I want you to know that I did think of you when I wrote that post. Not in a bad way...in the good sense that I envy the fact that you got to see a form of regional competition, rivalry, and "culture" that I never got.

44cuse

we dont have to argue amongst ourselves with macro things like whether or not we want Syracuse to win, the kids to go to the NFL, to get a degree, to have fun blah blah blah...that should be assumed.

and if its not, then people should leave here.

the level of fandom present on this board allows us the opportunity to argue about the micro things like whether or not we are disrespecting the school nickname and color by not wearing the color ORANGE.

John Wooden on the 1st day of practice would teach his players how to put on their socks.

we are attempting to teach them how to represent & honor the school during sporting events by proudly wearing our color.

all of which are televised.

and if people here dont understand that...then they should leave.

And...that just about nails it. Well said.

44cuse

KaiserUEO said:
jeezus crypes, gimme a break with this uniform incidental and marginalizing the kids bullspit. once again, you fail to see that the big picture is already a given. :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Alright. Educate me. What is the big picture and how does a slightly higher concentration of orange in a uni affect that? Or better yet - share with us, o' mighty true fan - how it matters more than the actual development of the men wearing that concentration of orange?

Off the top of my head, Notre Dame, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, UCLA, West Virginia, Tennessee, LSU, VA Tech, Miami, and Clemson wore alternate uniforms this season.

I'd say that group of programs has its fair share of tradition and resides quite high up on college football's totem pole.

Good point, schools with strong tradition do still use Alternate Unis occasionally. My thought or point was that they wear them occasionally not all season as we did and if you look back, you'll see that I said schools with tradition use them a bit but schools trying to build something use them a lot. Maryland, Louisville, Cincinnati, Syracuse, Oregon is who I'm thinking as building something and using alt unis heavy.

Alright. Educate me. What is the big picture and how does a slightly higher concentration of orange in a uni affect that? Or better yet - share with us, o' mighty true fan - how it matters more than the actual development of the men wearing that concentration of orange?
it doesnt.

this is clearly above your head and below your feet...as you are just you.

enjoy.

just 1 last thing...let me guess...townie?

KaiserUEO said:
it doesnt. this is clearly above your head and below your feet...as you are just you. enjoy. just 1 last thing...let me guess...townie?

Alumni.

Look every time you discuss this you look old. You are not the arbiter of all things orange. Fans don't decide on uni's for a reason. Coaches, AD's, and the players old and new rank higher than you on this decision. Let. It. Go.

Alumni.

Look every time you discuss this you look old. You are not the arbiter of all things orange. Fans don't decide on uni's for a reason. Coaches, AD's, and the players old and new rank higher than you on this decision. Let. It. Go.
please.

you still miss the point.

old? ok.

maybe it will take till your late 2os to get it, maybe later...who knows.

as you were.

KaiserUEO said:
please. you still miss the point. old? ok. maybe it will take till your late 2os to get it, maybe later...who knows. as you were.

Yep. I'm 36. But roll with me. I have 10 years of advertising/graphic design experience to go along with my diploma. I know about color, branding, and identity.

I get why you think it's important. School colors! Wooden and socks! History! And I agree that those things are important.

The point you can't deal with is this: it's 2014. The coach decided to let the captains choose when they wear their alts. They are captains because they've earned that right. No amount of clout from anyone should be greater than that, alumni, graphic designer, etc.

Because those same schools are the ones that are always in the top 10 in recruiting. We are on the outside looking in.

See Alabama, LSU, Auburn and USC.

They don't do it and they recruit well.

OrangePA said:
See Alabama, LSU, Auburn and USC. They don't do it and they recruit well.

Auburn has alt uni's on this thread somewhere...

Yep. I'm 36. But roll with me. I have 10 years of advertising/graphic design experience to go along with my diploma. I know about color, branding, and identity.

I get why you think it's important. School colors! Wooden and socks! History! And I agree that those things are important.

The point you can't deal with is this: it's 2014. The coach decided to let the captains choose when they wear their alts. They are captains because they've earned that right. No amount of clout from anyone should be greater than that, alumni, graphic designer, etc.
Then quite simply, don't give the cattle the option to pick blue.

Give the captains the choice, but control it.

Let them feel a part of it, don't let them screw it up.

This has always been broken above the kids level.

Once they try crack, they always come back...

KaiserUEO said:
Then quite simply, don't give the cattle the option to pick blue. Give the captains the choice, but control it. Let them feel a part of it, don't let them screw it up. This has always been broken above the kids level. Once they try crack, they always come back...

I don't know what's more offensive to these kids - referring to them as cattle or referencing crack.

The truth is that if they have the support of HCSS and the good Dr. - and he gives them the honor of picking what their teammates wear to represent the school - I'm behind the choice.

Again - I'm for more orange. A chrome orange helmet would be sweet.

See Alabama, LSU, Auburn and USC.

They don't do it and they recruit well.

Selector schools don't have to much like our basketball team doesn't have to.

I personally like the new Oregon State ones. Just change the black to blue.

12373461-essay.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom