BCS Final - Uniforms | Syracusefan.com

BCS Final - Uniforms

I'm tired of watching the same teams every year in the big games....

Agree..the way it should be.

Conference expansion goofiness....TV contracts...2 zillion bowls...coaches jumping all over the place...stupid commerce driven uniforms.. They're doing their best to kill what's left of tradition, but capitalism is flourishing.

retro44 said:
I'm tired of watching the same teams every year in the big games...

I think we're going to have to get used to that.

OrangePA said:
No BS. We Know Who Is Who. Classic Auburn And FSU uniforms. The Way It Should be.

Thought the same thing when I was watching Packers and 49ers yesterday.

Tradition is good.

There are teams that have tradition and there are teams trying to build tradition. Those who have tradition aren't big users of alternative unis, although it does happen a bit. Those who are using alt Unis heavy are trying to head up the totem pole--get viewers, get recruits, get program respect, etc.-- this includes SU, Maryland, and hell Oregon. If this was SU's hay day, we likely wouldn't be seeing alt unis, because we wouldn't need them to get viewers, recruits, etc.

Those unis look GREAT too. Fantastic game. Well played both sides. Memorable one and happy FSU squeaked it out.

some of yall will never understand, Yeah Its the way it should be for us. But these kids want the different uni's, colors etc... then one day those same kids are gonna watch the next generation and not like what they are wearing

I don't know. Those FSU/Auburn unis are classic but also very sharp. Not plain Jane classic like Alabama or PSU. I doubt those players tonight who have a lot of pride wish to be wearing different ones. Just my two cents.

There are teams that have tradition and there are teams trying to build tradition. Those who have tradition aren't big users of alternative unis, although it does happen a bit. Those who are using alt Unis heavy are trying to head up the totem pole--get viewers, get recruits, get program respect, etc.-- this includes SU, Maryland, and hell Oregon. If this was SU's hay day, we likely wouldn't be seeing alt unis, because we wouldn't need them to get viewers, recruits, etc.

Off the top of my head, Notre Dame, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, UCLA, West Virginia, Tennessee, LSU, VA Tech, Miami, and Clemson wore alternate uniforms this season.

I'd say that group of programs has its fair share of tradition and resides quite high up on college football's totem pole.

Off the top of my head, Notre Dame, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, UCLA, West Virginia, Tennessee, LSU, VA Tech, Miami, and Clemson wore alternate uniforms this season.

I'd say that group of programs has its fair share of tradition and resides quite high up on college football's totem pole.

Unknown.jpeg

bevosu said:
They're doing their best to kill what's left of tradition, but capitalism is flourishing.

This is what kills me. And I'm not some 70 yr old that still remembers sock hops and games when Harvard and Yale really mattered. However, I think I would have really liked Harvard and Yale mattering. But that's not the point...

Point is, I think you are dead on right. All of the TV and the super conferences, etc come (IMO) at the expense of tradition. As someone who likes tradition, that kind of sucks. But what I've come to learn/realize is that's a position that is in the minority.

Tipphill wrote a post on this same topic 18 or so months ago I think. I remember thinking at the time how surprised I was at the amount of people that disagreed with the post.

44cuse

What I like is that for the Championship Game Auburn and FSU looked like Auburn and FSU.

I am disappointed that for our game we did not look like Syracuse University Football.

I would prefer to look at photos of the Texas Bowl with SU wearing the traditional orange pants and orange helmet - that's Syracuse University Football dating all the way back to the 1952 Orange Bowl.

I like the idea of being able to trace my team's uniform back in that way.

And yet I understand that the kids do not have the attachment to the history of the program that I have.

Still, somebody at Auburn and FSU understood and deferred to tradition.

This is what kills me. And I'm not some 70 yr old that still remembers sock hops and games when Harvard and Yale really mattered.

Sock hops were great! So were raccoon skin coats and porkpie hats. Twenty-three skiddoo!

Don't forget these awful uniforms:

fsu4.jpg

fsu31.jpg

I was under the impression that FSU did not use alternative uniforms this year. But I guess my point was that when it really mattered FSU went with its traditional look - the look I wish SU had presented during the Texas Bowl.

I'm tired of watching the same teams every year in the big games...

Did you see the list of teams that have won the NC in basketball the last 10 years.

Duke, Kansas, UNC, SU, Uconn, UK, Louisville.

Not much diversity there, traditional power programs. The winner will come out of same pool of 10 teams (add in MSU, OSU, Zona), from now into the forseeable future.

Same with football.

As much as I enjoyed last night I still can’t wait for a playoff – even a 4 team format.

We’d have Florida State vs. Michigan State next weekend.

No BS.

We Know Who Is Who.

Classic Auburn And FSU uniforms.

The Way It Should be.
everyone says that the kids love stupid uniforms so i always wonder why the best teams always have the same old uniforms I recognize

oregon is the exception, everyone else that goofs around looks minor league.

i hope SU retires the helmets that look like they're airbrushed by some sketchy guy at a mall kiosk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom