Beau Baldwin thread... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Beau Baldwin thread...

BB has been contacted from what im hearing. I have no idea if it is serious. Also if the news on Frost is solid and he is off the radar im glad. I did not like him as our HC for many reasons. There are much better choices available including this guy. I expect Coyle will make a good hire not worried at all at this point plenty of good coaches and as importantly plenty of good assistants in the east avail

My only interview question, why has he spent his whole career at a directional washington? Wouldnt you want a guy with higher aspirations?

My only interview question, why has he spent his whole career at a directional washington? Wouldnt you want a guy with higher aspirations?
"UH YEAH That's why I'm talking to you"

I posted in another thread, but any chance we could get him as OC? If we hired Ash as HC, could we pay BB $600K to be OC here? He is making about $215K at EWU.

I posted in another thread, but any chance we could get him as OC? If we hired Ash as HC, could we pay BB $600K to be OC here? He is making about $215K at EWU.

This guy strikes me as a guy that likes where he is at and if he's going to jump ship it's to be a HC at a bigger school. Completely IMO.

Jim Tressel was head coach at Youngstown State for 14 years before taking the Ohio State job.
Some people like the challenge of building something and moving up the ladder. Others like the challenge of not only building but sustaining and value stability and are ok with a slower career trajectory. That's not a negative in my book.

Jim Tressel was head coach at Youngstown State for 14 years before taking the Ohio State job.
Some people like the challenge of building something and moving up the ladder. Others like the challenge of not only building but sustaining and value stability and are ok with a slower career trajectory. That's not a negative in my book.

Tressells YSU days were ages ago, different era. I'm not saying its a deal breaker, i'd just be curious to hear his answer.

I look forward to the sweaty balls jokes in the dome in September...those crazy Baldwins. Also, if this is Millhouses top pick we can either sing his praise or make it humiliations galore the first time he punts inside the 50!

I have a good feeling about this guy. He knows how to do it with less, has upset larger schools. Build it and they will come.

I was thinking the same thing except up the salary to 750K. Ash could control much of the defense and hire a young DC (Daoust?) to mentor.

I was thinking the same thing except up the salary to 750K. Ash could control much of the defense and hire a young DC (Daoust?) to mentor.
How about Baldwin as Hc and ash as DC? I don't want ash in HC position because of all the game management issues we faced with Shafer. Why go through that again?

How about Baldwin as Hc and ash as DC? I don't want ash in HC position because of all the game management issues we faced with Shafer. Why go through that again?
Imo, there is no way Ash leaves a DC gig at tO$U for the same role here. It would cost us fortune.

Would Baldwin or another HC want to let their DC do their thing or be more in control of what type of D they want played? I always think back to RR and Shafer at Michigan. I like what Marrone did with Shaf, just let him do his thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom