Beau Baldwin thread... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Beau Baldwin thread...

the people that think we need a northeast connections guy are the same ones who think northeast players stink.

espn3 changes recruiting. parents get to watch their kids. not as big a deal. go get kids from wherever
every kid playing 7-8 man football in nebraska might want to come since they cant all go to nebraska as walkons any more.

Beau Baldwin. Impressive record at Central and Eastern Washington. One of the best FCS coaches out there.

Linkage
Guys i didnt even know who this guy was until i heard his name mentioned by someone who is in the know. Looks like a pretty dam good coach to me. Im sure that he would realize he needs to hire some coaches with east coast connections. But really who on the staff did HCSS have with east coast ties other than himself based on his time with Doug. Our WR coach from NJ is good but other than him i dont think anyone has an east coast background.

Why do you say that. The guy has won big time. Its not like he is running a HS program. Not only is he a head coach but he is one who can light it up on O. He could be hired for about 1.5 which would allow a lot of money for a great staff. When i look at what he has done against the big boys i get excited. Take a look at NDSU. They beat solid teams all the time. I would welcome this guy.

Why do you say that. The guy has won big time. Its not like he is running a HS program. Not only is he a head coach but he is one who can light it up on O. He could be hired for about 1.5 which would allow a lot of money for a great staff. When i look at what he has done against the big boys i get excited. Take a look at NDSU. They beat solid teams all the time. I would welcome this guy.

I think Coyle has his number 1 person already picked out. Remember he just did a coaching search at Boise St. I think this is a name that will come up if our number 1 target turns us down.

I think Coyle has his number 1 person already picked out. Remember he just did a coaching search at Boise St. I think this is a name that will come up if our number 1 target turns us down.
I agree if Frost says no this guy would be in play

I'd be okay with this. Screw northeast recruiting ties. So freakin' overrated. Rack up the yardage and put points on the board.

Last year his name was starting to gain some steam, someone is going to pick him up in the next few years if not this year.

Anything new, didn't want this thread to get buried under unrealistic coach threads

Anything new, didn't want this thread to get buried under unrealistic coach threads

This guy looks really intriguing time, much more realistic than a frost/ Eddie o combo. Love the offense he runs too

im expecting this guy to be one of the final 3 and wouldnt be surprised if he gets it.

too many boxes get checked off for the 'conservative' folk calling the shots on top of Coyle.

the biggest one being that hes run a program...and has been very successful at it. i can see the powers that be not want to hire a Frost or Warner thinking theyd be gone in 3 years and neither has run a program before.

being a CEO, is very important to this job.

just as running a wide the F open offense is...

im expecting this guy to be one of the final 3 and wouldnt be surprised if he gets it.

too many boxes get checked off for the 'conservative' folk calling the shots on top of Coyle.

the biggest one being that hes run a program...and has been very successful at it. i can see the powers that be not want to hire a Frost or Warner thinking theyd be gone in 3 years and neither has run a program before.

being a CEO, is very important to this job.

just as running a wide the F open offense is...

If he comes in as HC/ Oc as well it leaves $$$ open for defensive staff as well. I could totally see Coyle hiring this guy, put a few east coast/ Florida guys on staff and take a shot. Lots of jucos out there to go after quickly as well

What does this guy have that Babers doesn't and Babers has won on both a lower and higher level? Do you think hiring a guy coming off a 6-5 season from an FCS school excites the fanbase?

What does this guy have that Babers doesn't and Babers has won on both a lower and higher level? Do you think hiring a guy coming off a 6-5 season from an FCS school excites the fanbase?

It seems to me that babers isn't interested in the job. Be interesting to see where he winds up

If he comes in as HC/ Oc as well it leaves $$$ open for defensive staff as well
thats what im thinking.

and thats where the CEO part comes in.

you dont want a guy soooo consumed with his side of the ball that he basically ignores the other.

hopefully, hes got an underling that can run the O, while hes checking in on his DC and D-staff.

again, ill go right to the top, but TC is an O guy who knows exactly what his D is doing. Belichick is a D guy who knows exactly what his O is doing.

this guy has run a successful program, id be willing to bet he 'gets it'.

thats what im thinking.

and thats where the CEO part comes in.

you dont want a guy soooo consumed with his side of the ball that he basically ignores the other.

hopefully, hes got an underling that can run the O, while hes checking in on his DC and D-staff.

again, ill go right to the top, but TC is an O guy who knows exactly what his D is doing. Belichick is a D guy who knows exactly what his O is doing.

this guy has run a successful program, id be willing to bet he 'gets it'.

I agree, his experience level and expertise seems like a perfect fit for us. I think somebody said he was 2nd for the Oregon st job last year. It's not like he is under qualified. People will get worked up about the geography but with good hiring and a little bit of time we will get it moving.

That's fair. I don't think he'd energize the fan base.

That is until we throw for 400 yards and score 8 TDs in his first game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom