Beer of choice | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Beer of choice

I must have been on a self imposed break from this site when this thread was active.

currently have some of my favorites in the beer fridge.

Two from Upper Pass - Love Seat, a newer DIPA, and First Drop, one of the best single NE style IPAs on the market.

Northern Heights, a DIPA from Ten Bends which is absolutely on par with anything from Foam, which is also a favorite. Except one of their collaboration, a dreadful pale ale called Canvas.

I used to like Middle Ages Pale Ale from BlueTusk.
Now its been alot of Losing Lagers and Sours.

Lionshead Deluxe Pilsner in the bottle because it has rebus puzzles under the cap.

stegmaier1.jpg

And it's really good beer too!

Nah. That's "fruit punch"-y enough for the craft beer snobs to like it. If you had said that you prefer to buy Miller Genuine Draft when you buy beer in a store (like I do), then the beer snobs, especially the craft beer snobs, would go berserk.
I highly approve of this post.

I must have been on a self imposed break from this site when this thread was active.

currently have some of my favorites in the beer fridge.

Two from Upper Pass - Love Seat, a newer DIPA, and First Drop, one of the best single NE style IPAs on the market.

Northern Heights, a DIPA from Ten Bends which is absolutely on par with anything from Foam, which is also a favorite. Except one of their collaboration, a dreadful pale ale called Canvas.
Was lucky enough to get a VT trip in right before COVID mid-March, but had to drive home to Charlotte NC. Brought back 5 cases including some of these from Upper Pass, Ten Bends, Hill Farmstead, Lawson’s, Alchemist, Fiddlehead, and stopped at Treehouse on the way home. Some epic beers in VT and MA.

Tough to get some of the amazing brews many of you have access to in the Northeast, but Resident Culture in Charlotte (head brewer came from Russian River - Pliny the Elder) has some incredible IPAs. Also Charles Towne Fermentery (head brewer came from Trillium) has some incredible stuff too. Burial Brewing in Asheville NC is a must. They deliver incredible quality no matter the style (IPA, Pilsner, Stout, Porter, Famhous, you name it).

Was lucky enough to get a VT trip in right before COVID mid-March, but had to drive home to Charlotte NC. Brought back 5 cases including some of these from Upper Pass, Ten Bends, Hill Farmstead, Lawson’s, Alchemist, Fiddlehead, and stopped at Treehouse on the way home. Some epic beers in VT and MA.
That’s a great haul.

Lots of couch time .....

For those out to view the games, PLEASE drink Sensibly

[I agree we all should drink Sensibly. Right now my local Liquor emporium is out of Old Sensibly. I'll have to stick with the stuff I always drink, moderately priced Canadian whiskey.[/B]

Last edited:
On election day, it only seems right to dedicate this thread to Jimmy Carter. As someone that has a serious love affair with beer, I thank him all the time for this act of kindness. There are so many wonderful varieties of beer available now it's mind blowing. I love them all, except for that Belgian crap.

On election day, it only seems right to dedicate this thread to Jimmy Carter. As someone that has a serious love affair with beer, I thank him all the time for this act of kindness.

I think you mean Billy Carter. I had some “Billy Beer” in my fridge for years

I am well aware of Billy Carter's contribution to beer drinking, it's very similar to mine. It's important to note that Jimmy was the president that signed the legislation, not Billy.
1604449966354.png

Moved to Connecticut back in June. While I've visited a few, anybody have recommendations for good breweries in the area? Located in Norwich (Southeast part of the state) but am in Hartford frequently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom