Bees - have you seen the latest | Syracusefan.com

Bees - have you seen the latest

sabach

All American
from that Northwestern insider.

He is now saying that Texas and the B1G have a letter of intent.

http://northwestern./showmsg.asp?fid=57&tid=163241898&mid=163241898&sid=901&style=2

http://northwestern./showmsg.asp?fid=57&tid=163241898&mid=163241898&sid=901&style=2

Wow, no I hadn't seen that yet. Thanks for the link. If hat is all true, that is huge.

was this guy right the last time? I cant' remember.

He had Nebraska, but I think he also had Texas going last time. But, there really is no right or wrong in these things as things can change quickly. A post like that he just made has so much detail that you almost have to believe that much of it is founded on fact.

I just read through that a few times...

By the language of those terms, Texas isn't giving up its LHN. The B10 will never go for that.

By the language of those terms, Texas isn't giving up its LHN. The B10 will never go for that.

I keep re-reading that one line also. Is that a double negative in there? I can't decide if it says all monies are split equally outside of TV money or not. Kind of confusing.

I keep re-reading that one line also. Is that a double negative in there? I can't decide if it says all monies are split equally outside of TV money or not. Kind of confusing.

"the requirement that any final arrangement be designed to increased revenues among all Big Ten conference schools, with no discrepancies in distributions unrelated to television network distributions among conference institutions"

Texas has to share LHN revenue with the BiG?

Bill Powers wouldn't have agreed to this if it wasn't in Texas' favor.

"the requirement that any final arrangement be designed to increased revenues among all Big Ten conference schools, with no discrepancies in distributions UNRELATED to television network distributions among conference institutions"

The word "unrelated" is is the crux of that statement. (PS, I didn't bold it to be a ...just trying to make its importance stand out)

Great now I have to start trying to figure out what impact this has on every other BCS conf and team so I can try to figure out who the 15th and 16th ACC teams will be. That is of course provided that this actually happens.
My brain could use a break form this stuff and we are actually already in a safe landing area, imagine if your a fan of some of these BE and BIG12 teams . . . . YIKES!

It would be nice to see the 4x16 be settled on just so I can stop trying to figure out who's going where.

Great now I have to start trying to figure out what impact this has on every other BCS conf and team so I can try to figure out who the 15th and 16th ACC teams will be. That is of course provided that this actually happens.
My brain could use a break form this stuff and we are actually already in a safe landing area, imagine if your a fan of some of these BE and BIG12 teams . . . . YIKES!

It would be nice to see the 4x16 be settled on just so I can stop trying to figure out who's going where.

With Tejas out of the Big12 ... I can see them going after a few BE teams.

The next question ... does ND **** or get off the pot?

Exactly. Deloss Dodds arrogance pissed off Larry Scott so much (because of UT's insistance on the LHN) that the PAC 12 pulled out of negotiations with TTU, OU, UT, & OSU.

Are they really giving UT veto power over who else they invite? That's what it sounds like.

Sounds like B1G is laying down for Texas a bit. Surprising.

Are they really giving UT veto power over who else they invite? That's what it sounds like.

Sounds like Syracuse and Pitt leaving for the ACC threw the Big 10 for a loop. If this is true i would think there would be a strong possiblity that push ND to a conference. Hopefully to the ACC with Uconn.

Sounds like Syracuse and Pitt leaving for the ACC threw the Big 10 for a loop. If this is true i would think there would be a strong possiblity that push ND to a conference. Hopefully to the ACC with Uconn.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Texas entices or pushes away ND. I'm leaning towards the former, weren't they rumored to have been doing like joint-talks with the ACC weeks ago?

ND doesnt play second fiddle to anyone. They want to be the large fish in the pond.

Sounds like the B1G is saying, "You can keep your network but we hold sway over content. In other words, we'll let you broadcast your OOC cupcake games but you're B1G games are coming from BTN. Welcome to the party, Bevo."

Edit - Maybe this will provide the template for ND (and Yukon) to join the ACC.

The beauty of the "Super Conference" Model is that it sets up brackets for a National Championship game. Assuming each Conference gets 1 or 2 teams into the playoffs what good does it do for a School to join a stacked Conference? Maybe there will be some at-large berths, but the whole tournament will have to play out over a couple of weekends and will need to be played around the nfl playoff schedule, limiting the number of teams that will be able to participate.

Personally, I think the Big Ten would be willing to allow Texas to keep the network for non-conference rights and just not take part in revenues for BTN.

For instance:

Texas gets to broadcast all non-conference football games and basketball games (remember the PBC post specifies it wants a guarantee of 4 non-conference games? I believe that's a hint) on the LHN. This would amount to 3-4 football games a year and upwards to 7-8 basketball games. Meanwhile, the BTN would retain rights for all Texas home games against conference teams.

Further, the BTN could grant rights for replaying Texas conference games on the LHN after 24 hours or some other arranged time period. All other conference and television revenues involved postseason and Tier-1 rights would be split evenly among all teams.

I know this surprises people, but I think they'd actually make that concession. Also, I had a big, long post on this elsewhere, but I have been hearing that the Big Ten will be shopping its Tier 1 rights around in 2015 when it negotiates with ESPN. It's not happy with the leader right now, and do NOT be surprised if the BTN lands on NBC/Versus since NBC is now pushing Versus (NBC Sports Network) as the competitor to ESPN. As luck would have it... this sure would work out perfectly in their bid for Notre Dame.

Texas gets to broadcast all non-conference football games and basketball games (remember the PBC post specifies it wants a guarantee of 4 non-conference games? I believe that's a hint) on the LHN.

Nice catch. The B12 did talk about going to 9 conference games.

------------

Be interesting to see how the reporting and reaction on this develops in the next few days.

1) the Big 12 teams need to know what is happening immediately to move forward or the Big 12 is going to blow up.

2) potential Big 12 teams need to know

3) Big East teams need to know

4) potential Big East teams need to know

5) OK, OSU, Missouri need to know

6) The SEC and ACC and PAC 12 are going to want to know.

7) The Texas legislature is going to want to know

UT is going to need to make an unequivical public statement and sign a term period of committment to the Big 12.

The way I read that, I got the impression that the veto power was until TX actually joined the league. Could be wrong, of course.

As I recall, he had Nebraska AFTER the signs were already there that Nebraska was interested - which so many forget was back in the middle of February 2010 when UNL publicly said they would consider the Big Ten if they called.

The most famous of his posts was, I believe, the one where he talked about a meeting somewhere (I think it was at last year's AAU Spring conference but not positive) where Delany supposedly presented his overall plan to the Big Ten presidents of getting ND, Texas, and Nebraska into the league. And supposedly this was so "spot on" that it was investigated by the Big Ten office since they tried to determine where the "leak" was.

What others don't seem to want to recall is that he also posted earlier in the process that Mizzou was "the key" to getting ND. Which was laughable at the time.

As for this current info, considering UT's stance on the LHN so far, this latest one doesn't look to be anywhere near accurate. But who truly knows? There were absolutely no "leaks" about the ACC taking SU and Pitt until the Friday before it happened that I noticed.

Regarding Nebraska being the "best fit" for the Big Ten, just as FrankTheTank was one of the first I can recall to outline why UT could be a major target for Big Ten expansion prior to it actually happening, Ivan Maisel was pushing for Nebraska to the Big Ten as far back as 1999 when everyone else thought it was ND or no one.

Cheers,
Neil

Sounds interesting. I wonder if this would mean Big 10 with 13 schools for the time being or if they would go after a Kansas or Missouri to go to 14.

Personally, I think the Big Ten would be willing to allow Texas to keep the network for non-conference rights and just not take part in revenues for BTN.

For instance:

Texas gets to broadcast all non-conference football games and basketball games (remember the PBC post specifies it wants a guarantee of 4 non-conference games? I believe that's a hint) on the LHN. This would amount to 3-4 football games a year and upwards to 7-8 basketball games. Meanwhile, the BTN would retain rights for all Texas home games against conference teams.

Further, the BTN could grant rights for replaying Texas conference games on the LHN after 24 hours or some other arranged time period. All other conference and television revenues involved postseason and Tier-1 rights would be split evenly among all teams.

I know this surprises people, but I think they'd actually make that concession. Also, I had a big, long post on this elsewhere, but I have been hearing that the Big Ten will be shopping its Tier 1 rights around in 2015 when it negotiates with ESPN. It's not happy with the leader right now, and do NOT be surprised if the BTN lands on NBC/Versus since NBC is now pushing Versus (NBC Sports Network) as the competitor to ESPN. As luck would have it... this sure would work out perfectly in their bid for Notre Dame.

agree.

serioulsy, the EAST is gone as footprint for the b10. with Syracuse and pitt gone, they have crappy leftovers that have never been on ice.

it makes me think that ND will be more inclined to join the ACC.

why join michigan, penn st, ohio st, nebraska and now texas?? why would they want to got 9-3, and play in the poulon/weedeater bowl???

ACC...get ND, take rutgers and with Syracuse thats a NYC...GRAND SLAM.

i realize storz would still be there...but lets face......theyre a hoop only.

:eek:

agree.

serioulsy, the EAST is gone as footprint for the b10. with Syracuse and pitt gone, they have crappy leftovers that have never been on ice.

it makes me think that ND will be more inclined to join the ACC.

why join michigan, penn st, ohio st, nebraska and now texas?? why would they want to got 9-3, and play in the poulon/weedeater bowl???

ACC...get ND, take rutgers and with Syracuse thats a NYC...GRAND SLAM.

i realize storz would still be there...but lets face......theyre a hoop only.

:eek:

Give up your Rutgers dream. Townie was a prophet, still may be...they have a better chance of going down the drain than upgrading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom