Benetti is awesome... | Syracusefan.com

Benetti is awesome...

Loved it when he said “ and Clark mounts Girard”. Very funny. As far as Dakich, I will never respect him after his defending Bob Knight, or at least giving him a complete pass.

Loved it when he said “ and Clark mounts Girard”. Very funny. As far as Dakich, I will never respect him after his defending Bob Knight, or at least giving him a complete pass.

I liked when Buddy hit a three in the first half to break a long scoring drought as well as Dakich's insane comp of Anthony Davis vs. Huff, Benetti says "and finally a break from the idiocy..."

I liked when Buddy hit a three in the first half to break a long scoring drought as well as Dakich's insane comp of Anthony Davis vs. Huff, Benetti says "and finally a break from the idiocy..."

Ha, I mentioned that in another thread. Glad to see I wasn't imagining it!! Although it was a bit mean for my tastes, it certainly can be refreshing when something on tv finally surprises you, unlike the contrived stuff they continually feed those who watch the tv(especially other than sports).

I really enjoy both of them. Dakich is a bit of an ass outside of his analyst duties, but I think he’s excellent at seeing things that others miss.

Benetti is awesome.

im all for any analyst who will say negative things at times...even if sometimes its out of line..cause i hate nothing more than the dude who says nothing bad to ensure they always have access

im all for any analyst who will say negative things at times...even if sometimes its out of line..cause i hate nothing more than the dude who says nothing bad to ensure they always have access

You probably liked my older posts more than my current ones then, for reasons I can't discuss. ;)

IMO, Dakich was on the money regarding his points about JB working the refs. At the rate it was going, the team might have lost more than Sidibe.

Yeh but...my favorite part was on Sidibe’s fifth foul when he blocked Huff. Benetti said it looked like a clean block but there was definitely body and the ref made a good call. He said it was such conviction I almost believed him. Then almost as soon as he finished his sentence the replay showed there was zero body contact.

No big deal. Who knows what angle he saw it from initially but he (or Dakich) could at least have corrected himself.

jockitch is a babbling idiot. if this team is trying to riff on walton they missed big time. walton is a stoner.
generally acknowledged. if dakitch wants to market himself as stoner/idiot that's fine. right now he's just an idiot.

jockitch is a babbling idiot. if this team is trying to riff on walton they missed big time. walton is a stoner.
generally acknowledged. if dakitch wants to market himself as stoner/idiot that's fine. right now he's just an idiot.
Congratulations on unearthing Dakich's unspoken desire to come off as a stoner.

Does anyone here appreciate the art of the broadcaster, ...the challenge in talking about any one thing for 2+ straight hours. Imagine having to share hundreds of facts, unscripted (or largely without) and being held to the standard of perfection by a bunch of viewers/fans who perceive themselves as experts, but the vast majority of are actually novices. Oh, and above all, please be interesting/entertaining the entire time.
That's a tall tall task.

Jason makes mistakes, Dakich does too. Wash, rinse repeat with every broadcaster or color analyst ever.

Does anyone here appreciate the art of the broadcaster, ...

Jason makes mistakes, Dakich does too. Wash, rinse repeat with every broadcaster or color analyst ever.
Anyone can be a sportscaster or analyst.
But there are few good ones.
It takes preparation, personality, practice and teamwork.

As I said on another thread, Benetti and Dakich make a great team.
They're entertaining, informative and fun.
A bit of idiocy perhaps...but who hasn't indulged in that?

Their big flaw is that they can talk so much that they ignore plays or substitutions. That's on the PBP guy...he should cut in and make the point before getting back to the fun.

a bit of idiocy ? you lost me at anthony davis. nonstop nonsense out of his trap.

tumblr_ley0tx1Yi91qclv8j.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom